Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    DF970F0B-48A5-4821-9093-7379EF17A519 (resized).jpeg
    59D2A096-9608-4122-A6FF-CF121AF44DD5 (resized).jpeg
    5A426C8D-A616-409B-9F06-0066798F16AA (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E7B991DC-734F-4E11-81E9-493FBF48507F (resized).jpeg
    9755E495-5DE4-4C9F-8426-CAB128780447 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2020-03-07 The Custom Shop Heavy Metal Gallery – classicplayfields com (resized).png
    660BAA42-5110-4A88-BA6E-0BF8B16CC54D (resized).jpeg
    hm_brazil (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200302-205412_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1583192200326 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200301_081432_com.android.chrome[2071] (resized).jpg
    88286577_10158242634324244_6325053501932044288_o (resized).jpg
    fefca7f49fc5ebb998a8b846bf7f183b--hard-rock-trading-cards (resized).jpg
    C9E341C0-A5AF-40C6-8E0B-8305861A41A1.gif

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

If Beatles with an LCD didn't move at $7999, how does this even have a chance?

They were trying to sell close to 2,000 Beatles pins, this one will be a run of 100...maybe.

#52 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm the price on the Heavy Metal pin (was it written somewhere) or is it just speculation?

#53 4 years ago

I love the heavy metal books. I wouldve been happy with a retheme of one of the older games like Metallica, tron, ac/dc, heck even avengers. Any of the full featured pins reskinned but the fricking homepin and they want 8k+ holy crap they suck.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from ULEKstore:

Can anyone confirm the price on the Heavy Metal pin (was it written somewhere) or is it just speculation?

Distros are quoting $8299.

#55 4 years ago

Big meh from me but it seems promising for pinball that these contract jobs happen.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

They were trying to sell close to 2,000 Beatles pins, this one will be a run of 100...maybe.

Good point.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

If Beatles with an LCD didn't move at $7999, how does this even have a chance?

You’d have to ask the Heavy Metal gang. For whatever it’s worth, they decided there is a market for it, apparently, and are willing to pay stern to build these to satisfy that market and make a profit.

I have no idea who reads that comic or if there’s a rabid Fan base there with disposable income. Anybody want to chime in on that?

Can incedeum sell 100 of these like Primus did, to fans who are buying solely on art and theme?

#58 4 years ago

I predict this to be a flop.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

A flop for who?

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

It’s not possible for Stern as they have already profited from this, hence a contract pin, any additional sales on top of that is just gravy for them

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if they’ll have him doing cover songs. Seems the most likely reason for hiring him.
    And skid row was already over when he left. That shit was done! He’s done ok for himself. Even ended up on Broadway if I recall.

I remember seeing him with Carl Anderson in 2003 doing this show. He was really pretty impressive! I never knew this occurred though....

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sebastian-bach-why-i-was-fired-from-jesus-christ-superstar/

#62 4 years ago

heavy metal. yes, a giant boat anchor!!!

Quoted from jkashani:

#63 4 years ago

Might be as rare as the Supreme pin if they are building to order.

#64 4 years ago

I don’t think this is marketed at me. I don’t get what Heavy Metal they mean?

The Film (I like)
    The Music Genre
    A video game

This would be pretty cool

Anyway... I hope it’s fun! Maybe I’ll get to play it at TPF.

#65 4 years ago

I saw Sebastian Bach last year and he was awesome. Got tickets again March 31st. The man can sing.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I saw Sebastian Bach last year and he was awesome. Got tickets again March 31st. The man can sing.

Loved his work in Gilmore Girls!

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

But boy does she have a set of pipes!

#68 4 years ago

I don't really follow these contract pins (like Supreme), so I had question about the code. Do the contract games tend to be mostly code complete when they are released or are they like the normal Sterns (at beta stage) when released?

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s not possible for Stern as they have already profited from this, hence a contract pin, any additional sales on top of that is just gravy for them

It can be a flop to their reputation, not just financially. They are putting out lower quality pins at higher prices than competitors.

PS- look at Primus Prices

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I don’t think this is marketed at me. I don’t get what Heavy Metal they mean?
    The Film (I like)
    The Music Genre
    A video game
    This would be pretty cool

Anyway... I hope it’s fun! Maybe I’ll get to play it at TPF.

Good, but needs more boobage...

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wanimal:

It can be a flop to their reputation, not just financially. They are putting out lower quality pins at higher prices than competitors.
    PS- look at Primus Prices

Just look around pinside, their reputation has already flopped, yet they’re still the number one producer of pins by a huge margin, why is that?

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Just look around pinside, their reputation has already flopped, yet they’re still the number one producer of pins by a huge margin, why is that?

has me F'd , the people on here that keep praising them aint buying them.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

has me F'd , the people on here that keep praising them aint buying them.

Just like my Mustangs, ain’t buyin em new

#74 4 years ago

Looks like a bargain, I gotta cancel my MMRRE and get one !

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Just like my Mustangs, ain’t buyin em new

Or any GM, they just pulled the plug on Aus & NZ

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

That’s a dam good question!

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

That’s a dam good question!

Pinside only represents a small portion of the pinball community. Most of the actual buyers don't inspect the shooter lanes with a microscope

#78 4 years ago

Heavy Metal is a cool theme - that’s all I say.

#79 4 years ago

I'm not sure of the timeline, but does anyone know if it will be at TPF?

#80 4 years ago

However you feel about this pin, can we all agree to be thankful that Stern didn't hype up this announcement (complete with countdown timer) like they did with Star Wars Home Edition?

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure of the timeline, but does anyone know if it will be at TPF?

This game is slated for 3/20 and and TPF starts 3/27 so I would say most likely. The contract game situation makes it not 100% but they had a Primus at their booth at Pinburgh.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Woah, woah, woah, stop the clock.
    A pinball manufacturer has manufactured a new pinball machine? They have one job and seems like they're doing it well.

Ronnie? “What’s you’re problem?”

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Stern has mad it public via Facebook their next Signature game. Announcing "HEAVY METAL"!
    Original Hand Drawn Heavy Metal Artwork
    DMD Display
    Commercial Quality Coin Operated
    First Ever Official Heavy Metal Pinball
    Made To Order For A Limited Time
    First Ever Chameleon Paint Armor Kit
    Two Exclusive Custom Heavy Metal Action Figures
    Original Soundtrack Featuring Sebastian Bach, Brendon Small, The Night Flight Orchestra, And More To Be Announced!
    Led Lighting
    2 Steel Ramps and Rails
    Passive two ball lock
    3 pop bumpers
    Opto Spinners
    3 drop targets
    $8299

Wow a simple re-theme of a 4k star wars machine for 2x the price another winner stern

#84 4 years ago

So is this going to be a Stranger Things reskin? Music videos on the projector and groupie jizz and blood that can be found by the $279 flashlight add on...actually..that might be cooler than what STH currently is.

#85 4 years ago

Flyer looks so amateur it looks fake. Not even an attempt to make the games look real.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Loved his work in Trailer Park Boys!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #87 4 years ago

My only gripe is that I wish it was a reskinned metallica instead of star wars home edition

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Or any GM, they just pulled the plug on Aus & NZ

I just read that the new Corvette will be available down there

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Alattig:

Ronnie? “What’s you’re problem?”

Why does that bawtha you? Du.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Why does that bawtha you? Du.

“Ronnie’s Sex Tips” is the theme Stern should be going for. Stern by Stern.

“Shoot your balls in her asschreeks”

Jackpot callout: “YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!”

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Heavy Metal is a cool theme - that’s all I say.

Of course it is. Somewhere out there, 100 huge Heavy Metal fans are going to be very happy. I'm sure the artwork is gonna be really cool.

I'm really surprised we don't have a single Heavy Metal superfan here. Not one?!

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from AttackFromPhilly:

However you feel about this pin, can we all agree to be thankful that Stern didn't hype up this announcement (complete with countdown timer) like they did with Star Wars Home Edition?

Atleast it’s not another whoa Nellie reskin. I do wish they would pick one of their better playing pins like MET, Star Trek or even TWD. If the reskinned twd I’d be interested

#93 4 years ago

I am excited for this to come out. I also think it is WAY overpriced. $8300 with a DMD??? So I will wait and buy one when I can pick it up as next to new for $3800.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

The "built to order" concept is interesting. What does that exactly mean? I always thought Stern builds games based on distributor orders / commitments anyways.

I bet it just means they didn't want to put a cap of the total number before they open sales. If the reception is lukewarm, they'll make 100. If it's a warm reception they'll make like 200.

They don't want to Munsters themselves where the demand is higher than anticipated and they have to increase the number of LEs after the original announcement.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

“Ronnie’s Sex Tips” is the theme Stern should be going for. Stern by Stern.
    “Shoot your balls in her asschreeks”
    Jackpot callout: “YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!”

Pop bumpers are worth 69 points in Mund Mode.

SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE SIXXXXXXTY NIIIIIIINE

During Baba Booey mode, the pops are with NOINE points each. NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE NOINE

#96 4 years ago

Boof! Boof! Boof!

#97 4 years ago

Funny, I listened to the soundtrack last Saturday & didn't hear Sebastian Bach. I heard BOC, Haggar, Black Sabbath, Cheap Trick...

#98 4 years ago

Because the game has nothing to do with the Heavy Metal movie. Its a generic metal music pin with artwork from heavy metal magazine.

Quoted from Topher5000:

Funny, I listened to the soundtrack last Saturday & didn't hear Sebastian Bach. I heard BOC, Haggar, Black Sabbath, Cheap Trick...

#99 4 years ago

So is this going to be a reskin?

#100 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-#post-5480576

Supposed to be a star wars home pin reskin with coin door. We;ll see....

Quoted from lpeters82:

So is this going to be a reskin?

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-/page/2?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.