(Topic ID: 240108)

Heaviest Machine of all time?

By okgrak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img20190409_10271626 (resized).jpg
    0192919C-01CC-4887-95CD-722DD9C80C27 (resized).jpeg
    Hercules (resized).jpg
    Joust (resized).jpg
    HeartAttack-2 (resized).jpg
    Banzai Run flyer back (resized).jpg
    Winner (resized).jpg
    Hercules Flyer (resized).jpg
    20180813_191445 (resized).jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Why wouldn’t P3 count?

I consider it a hybrid. It utilizes LCD and ball tracking, but it is not a true pinball imo. I also do not consider Caveman, SWE1 or RFM a contender either-again a hybrid. Hercules, Pinball Circus,etc. are novelty machines and I also do not consider them as 'true' pinball. So the winner is......... WOZ at 395lbs. of gut busting greatness.

#102 5 years ago

I thought Eric M. Told me that POTC was a hair heavier than WOZ, making it the heaviest JJP.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

So the winner is......... WOZ at 395lbs. of gut busting greatness.

Not so fast....

I believe earlier in the thread somebody mentioned Jolly Park or Vernes World at 450lbs. Not ever had to move a WOZ but I can confirm that JP is by far the heaviest game I’ve ever had to move. The entire cabinet is made of about inch thick MDF, as is the playfield. When the shipping company delivered it they asked why I was shipping gold bricks in a pinball machine...lol

#104 5 years ago

Jolly Park and Vernes World are both well under 350 lbs. Quite rare games as well. Jolly Park is a rare treat. The reason this get confused is sometimes people equate boxed/palleted weight with actual game weight. These games were never directly recorded in imperial measurements, only metric and required conversion. As I previously stated until JJP or P3 makes a game that is much more than 400+ lbs fully assembled, Caveman remains the heaviest of all present pinball machines, if moved as a single unit and not detaching the backbox head.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

Does anyone know what Bally's Bigfoot weighed? I don't know of that one counts since it was a prototype, but I'd have to imagine it wasn't exactly light .

According to Bally records, the game was never officially weighed, as the first of the two games was disassembled not long after the tradeshow and recording usage. It was never designed to be a produced game, as the idea was dismissed not long after. The second prototype game at the factory (this was the "backup" for testing) disappeared from history entirely. Due to the fact that this was a EM game approximately the same size and dimensions as Hercules, and doing an extrapolation based on my experience and component weights with late model EM games, the approximate weight based on the features and materials would have been in the 500-525 lb range, fully assembled.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Jolly Park and Vernes World are both well under 350 lbs.

Yeah I seriously doubt that. While I’ve never weighed the one that I have, I can tell you that it weighs far more than any of the WPC widebody games that I have. I had it shipped on it’s legs via NAVL, so no pallet or other weight involved.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I've owned a caveman and moved a haunted house. Neither was heavier than Joust. What a bitch!

Joust is only 215 lbs:
    Joust (resized).jpgJoust (resized).jpg
    That's roughly half the weight of Cave Man. But I'm sure just the shape of it makes it difficult to move.

#108 5 years ago

The crated and palletized Jolly Park (Spinball SAL, 1996) I sold and shipped with packing material weighed 435 lbs.
    The crate was 50+ lbs (4 sides+top, no bottom) and the pallet/packing/straps was 35 lbs.
    This placed the weight of the game under 350 lbs, but still exceeded all WMS SUPERPIN widebody games which average 320+ lbs.
    I don't generally speculate based on the amount of games I have moved professionally and privately in over 30+ years.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Joust is only 215 lbs:
    [quoted image]
    That's roughly half the weight of Cave Man. But I'm sure just the shape of it makes it difficult to move.

I can attest to the fact that Joust feels like it weight three times that amount, due to it's awkward shape, and more compact size.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The "all time" heavyweight of arcade games is Fascination (Taylor Engineering Corporation), when it was installed in multiple banks of 20-50 units. Single EM units start at a little less than 300 lbs each and DOES NOT include the control panel which is close to 450 lbs alone. When 50+ units where operating together (as exampled in 1928) the combined weight was over 7 1/2 tons! This is because most of the parts are based on archaic telephone architecture, early electrics, and a major precursor to late model EM games. There is one game operating near me at Funland Arcade in Seaside, Oregon with 20 units together. It is impress even today. You can see Randy Senna moving individual sections of this game on an episode of Hoarders, which the producers of the show were completely baffled. There are very few left in existance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascination_(game)

Nah mate, my money would be on the 28-player Namco amusement park version of Galaxian 3: Project Dragoon.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Flippingr8:

Was going to go with Hercules, because that one is ginormous, but this one probably would be the winner of this contest... The Magnificent Marble Machine!

OMG that's hilarious. I had never heard of that game show before. It could make a big comeback now-a-days huh?!?

Who knew that split-flipper play was invented on a cheesy, 70's TV game show!

#112 5 years ago

The correct answer is Hercules.

How do I know this?

I helped load this truck...

Hercules (resized).jpgHercules (resized).jpg
    #113 5 years ago

Lexy lightspeed is heavier than anything I've ever flipped, including Hercules

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Lexy lightspeed is heavier than anything I've ever flipped, including Hercules

Lexy Lightspeed is 400 pounds. The website says so and my back and legs confirm it!

0192919C-01CC-4887-95CD-722DD9C80C27 (resized).jpeg0192919C-01CC-4887-95CD-722DD9C80C27 (resized).jpeg
    #115 5 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

How do I know this?
    [quoted image]

Yea, I was there. I remember that. I figured there was NO way he was making it home without that rolling or tipping out...

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Well after moving Road Show out I know I’ll never move another Williams wide body out of my basement. Even the dolly was sore after that bitch.

+1

#117 5 years ago

I couldn't even imagine what a beast that would be to carry up (or down) a flight of stairs.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

I figured there was NO way he was making it home without that rolling or tipping out...

The looks we got on the highway were hilarious. Gobsmacked with mouths hanging open...

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

The looks we got on the highway were hilarious. Gobsmacked with mouths hanging open...

They were gobsmacked why someone would have two of those beasts

So what did you end up doing with those?

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vegas9:

Caveman suuuuuuucks. Video mode is just dumb and points are imbalanced and are all in the video game.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Out of the pre-2006 games I've hauled around:
    Caveman was probably the heaviest due to the extra weight from the monitor (and joystick panel, and PCB cage), however since the backbox separates from the body, it's not the worst one to move.
    Have you seen this mod? https://www.flipprojets.fr/CavemanEvo_EN.php

I kinda want a Caveman just for the hell of it... if anyone comes up cheap in New England someone let me know!

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was offered a caveman shortly after I sold rfm. It could have been free... pretty sure it is still for sale, 3 years later.

I’d take free pinball anyday!

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

How do I know this?
    [quoted image]

One is madness... WHY WOULD YOU WANT TWO?!

#122 5 years ago

Were those the two from Cedar Point?

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

One is madness... WHY WOULD YOU WANT TWO?!

I know someone who had two.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

So what did you end up doing with those?

A friend in NE bought them. Not sure what his plans were.

#125 5 years ago

The last machine I moved always seems to be the heaviest

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I thought Eric M. Told me that POTC was a hair heavier than WOZ

Does anyone know the weight of POTC so we can put this debate to bed.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

How do I know this?
    [quoted image]

someone was at Daves.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

How do I know this?
    [quoted image]

For a while I owned three Hercules. These two in my shop and one at home. Not the worst game I have played, plus the reaction people have to seeing it is worth having one for a while if you have the room.

img20190409_10271626 (resized).jpgimg20190409_10271626 (resized).jpg
    #129 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

For a while I owned three Hercules. These two in my shop and one at home. Not the worst game I have played, plus the reaction people have to seeing it is worth having one for a while if you have the room.
    [quoted image]

Are they still available and what's a fair price?

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

Are they still available and what's a fair price?

They are long gone. I never paid more than $200.00 for one. No one wanted them at the time. One came from the old Warehouse Of Games in St. Louis, one I bought at the first Gene Cunningham auction and the other was bought on e-bay. I sold them for around 800-1000 but that was many years ago. I have no idea what they are worth now.

#131 5 years ago

This old timer could be a contender.
    https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2529

#132 5 years ago

By Bally of course......

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Lexy Lightspeed is 400 pounds. The website says so and my back and legs confirm it!
    [quoted image]

Ooh, thanks for pointing that out. We hadn't updated the site with production numbers. 400 lbs was one of our prototypes with extra metal frames and legs. I just updated the product page with the correct shipping weight of 360 lbs. A P3 with Lexy Lightspeed is 336 lbs with legs and 12 balls installed, 360 lbs boxed on a pallet, and 390 lbs with a 2nd playfield kit stacked on top.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heaviest-machine-of-all-time/page/3?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.