(Topic ID: 240108)

Heaviest Machine of all time?

By okgrak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img20190409_10271626 (resized).jpg
    0192919C-01CC-4887-95CD-722DD9C80C27 (resized).jpeg
    Hercules (resized).jpg
    Joust (resized).jpg
    HeartAttack-2 (resized).jpg
    Banzai Run flyer back (resized).jpg
    Winner (resized).jpg
    Hercules Flyer (resized).jpg
    20180813_191445 (resized).jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

Out of the ones I’ve ever had to move was Roadshow.

#52 5 years ago

dialed in wasn't the heaviest, but damn those plastic edges on the bottom sure tear the hell out of your hands.

#53 5 years ago

Hobbit by a landslide. I think I had to donate my left nut to science after moving that pig. What a beast.

#54 5 years ago

Multimorphic P3 has to be in the running. I got a good deal on mine because it was too heavy to get in the owner's basement.

#56 5 years ago

I'm gonna go with Haunted House as well, took the playfield to the face, and it's damnnnn heavy. Broke my nose, still have scars on forehead, nose and lip hahahaa

20180813_191445 (resized).jpg20180813_191445 (resized).jpg
    #57 5 years ago

Alien?

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from metal-mods:

I'm gonna go with Haunted House as well, took the playfield to the face, and it's damnnnn heavy. Broke my nose, still have scars on forehead, nose and lip hahahaa
    [quoted image]

I also vote HH. Have moved TZ and WOZ and HH felt much heavier.

@ MetalMods damn dude! HH to the face! What do you say when chicks ask about the scars?

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from metal-mods:

[quoted image]

holy shit, dude!

#60 5 years ago

Not even close.Hercules Flyer (resized).jpgHercules Flyer (resized).jpg
    At 275 lbs it's still five pounds lighter than Banzai Run. Banzai Run flyer back (resized).jpgBanzai Run flyer back (resized).jpg

Now if you want to talk about a REAL heavyweight: Winner (resized).jpgWinner (resized).jpg
    Winner at 340 lbs!

But the real answer is the pin you just brought home and have to lug up a flight of stairs ALL BY YOURSELF!

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Zizzle me timbers I just stumbled upon the who's the biggest pussy of all time thread

Yup. Gryszzz just went there.

#62 5 years ago

P2k are heavy as all shit if you move it as one piece.

Orbitor 1 is also one of the heaviest games i've ever moved. Due to it being a wide body, plus the playfield is surrounded by a metal cage and bracket system, that allows you to pivot the entire playfield up and set it on the front bar.

#63 5 years ago

The heaviest PINBALL machine is Caveman (Gottlieb, 1982) as a System 80A at 400+ lbs all parts installed (uncrated, unpalletized, and unboxed) , and heavier than ALL present JJP games. No BLY/WMS pinball machine ever came close to this weight. It outweighs Hercules and even PK2K due to the older style Happ monitor (for the video game portion), cabinet design, brackets, and added parts.

For the heaviest machine categories, several pitch and bats are easily over 400+ lbs and outweigh bingos and other speciality EMs due to the running man units, extra wood, and components. Bingos generally run in the 300+ lbs arena with several exceptions. Several dual EM gun games are even heavier at 450+ lbs. Single cockpit games can be around 550+ lbs due to the hydraulics. EM ball bowlers can weigh in at up to 650-750 lbs due to the long wood decks and pin mechanisms. Speciality simulators that are NOT single cockpit (think "mini shuttle" size) can be up to a near metric ton (2205 lbs), and never moved as a complete unit.

The "all time" heavyweight of arcade games is Fascination (Taylor Engineering Corporation), when it was installed in multiple banks of 20-50 units. Single EM units start at a little less than 300 lbs each and DOES NOT include the control panel which is close to 450 lbs alone. When 50+ units where operating together (as exampled in 1928) the combined weight was over 7 1/2 tons! This is because most of the parts are based on archaic telephone architecture, early electrics, and a major precursor to late model EM games. There is one game operating near me at Funland Arcade in Seaside, Oregon with 20 units together. It is impress even today. You can see Randy Senna moving individual sections of this game on an episode of Hoarders, which the producers of the show were completely baffled. There are very few left in existance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascination_(game)

#64 5 years ago

The heaviest machine I’ve moved was WoZ. That thing is a beast. DM has some weight to it too, but not near as heavy as WoZ.

#65 5 years ago

So Hobbit 351lbs
    STTNG 320lbs.
    What does POTC and WOZ weigh?
    Hercules does not count it is a novelty machine.

Battle of the heavyweights: You can do it-put your back into it!

#66 5 years ago

I helped move an Af-Tor once... it was not fun.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Multimorphic P3 has to be in the running.

400# according to their website. That's probably without the monitor in the backbox, that's a recent addition.

#68 5 years ago

Hobbit and JJP POTC. May have to sell them with the house!

STNG, TZ, IJ no pieces of cake to move

RFM and BR Clumsy MF'ers to move as well.

#69 5 years ago

Baywatch has a heavy, beefy playfield for sure.

#70 5 years ago

We may have a winner here folks.....WOZ at 395 lbs. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/

I do not think P3 counts

#71 5 years ago

I had a Hayburners II that was pretty heavy with all that backbox animation and zipper flipper stuff. I think it was wider than normal too.

#72 5 years ago

How much does Banzai Run weigh?

#74 5 years ago

How much do the ultra wide bodies like Paragon Genie and #spaceinvaders weigh?

#75 5 years ago

Of the games I've moved, RFM. I had to take the head off to move it without bursting a nut. For those who replaced the old CRT with an LCD, it will make a big difference in its weight. This ain't no hobby for pencil-necks.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The heaviest PINBALL machine is Caveman (Gottlieb, 1982) as a System 80A at 400+ lbs all parts installed (uncrated, unpalletized, and unboxed) , and heavier than ALL present JJP games. No BLY/WMS pinball machine ever came close to this weight. It outweighs Hercules and even PK2K due to the older style Happ monitor (for the video game portion), cabinet design, brackets, and added parts.
    For the heaviest machine categories, several pitch and bats are easily over 400+ lbs and outweigh bingos and other speciality EMs due to the running man units, extra wood, and components. Bingos generally run in the 300+ lbs arena with several exceptions. Several dual EM gun games are even heavier at 450+ lbs. Single cockpit games can be around 550+ lbs due to the hydraulics. EM ball bowlers can weigh in at up to 650-750 lbs due to the long wood decks and pin mechanisms. Speciality simulators that are NOT single cockpit (think "mini shuttle" size) can be up to a near metric ton (2205 lbs), and never moved as a complete unit.
    The "all time" heavyweight of arcade games is Fascination (Taylor Engineering Corporation), when it was installed in multiple banks of 20-50 units. Single EM units start at a little less than 300 lbs each and DOES NOT include the control panel which is close to 450 lbs alone. When 50+ units where operating together (as exampled in 1928) the combined weight was over 7 1/2 tons! This is because most of the parts are based on archaic telephone architecture, early electrics, and a major precursor to late model EM games. There is one game operating near me at Funland Arcade in Seaside, Oregon with 20 units together. It is impress even today. You can see Randy Senna moving individual sections of this game on an episode of Hoarders, which the producers of the show were completely baffled. There are very few left in existance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascination_(game)

I remember moving a Caveman around on the routes. Never liked to see that in my work package.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The heaviest PINBALL machine is Caveman (Gottlieb, 1982) as a System 80A at 400+ lbs all parts installed (uncrated, unpalletized, and unboxed) , and heavier than ALL present JJP games. No BLY/WMS pinball machine ever came close to this weight.

Dude... Thanks for the info! Never seen or heard of this game before.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

Dude... Thanks for the info! Never seen or heard of this game before.

Caveman suuuuuuucks. And I love all pinball. Video mode is just dumb and points are imbalanced and are all in the video game.

#79 5 years ago

Yes, I agree. Hobbit is the heaviest I've ever worked with.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

We may have a winner here folks.....WOZ at 395 lbs. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/
    I do not think P3 counts

Caveman is the current leader. Over 400 lbs.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

How much do the ultra wide bodies like Paragon Genie and #spaceinvaders weigh?

Surprising nothing. Genie was a breeze to move compared to say WCS or ACDC premium. There’s nothing on the playfield.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vegas9:

Caveman suuuuuuucks. And I love all pinball. Video mode is just dumb and points are imbalanced and are all in the video game.

I wish there was an easy way to hack that old "Caveman Ugh-Lympics" computer game into Caveman ... That would make the game a lot better .

#84 5 years ago

Does anyone know what Bally's Bigfoot weighed? I don't know of that one counts since it was a prototype, but I'd have to imagine it wasn't exactly light .

#85 5 years ago

Williams' OXO for standard EM pin was always heavy in my mind, coming in at 270# according to flyer.

Though starting to doubt the weight stated on flyers, as at least for WMS EMS all multiplayers both 2P & 4P are listed at 270lbs?!?!

#86 5 years ago

I must like heavy machines, as I have several that have been mentioned here. I was going to say my Caveman seemed to be my heaviest, but I also have Black Hole, Revenge from Mars, and Q'bert's Quest is pretty heavy too.

#87 5 years ago

Any game I have to help my buddy move up from his basement is always the heaviest.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

LTG : )

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )

Darn I looked all over and couldnt find it.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

@ MetalMods damn dude! HH to the face! What do you say when chicks ask about the scars?

I tell them "Meh, just another knife fight..."

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

280 lbs

#92 5 years ago

Revenge from Mars. The back box has to be disconnected and moved separately. It is a whole computer and full of electronics. Same with the base. The thing then has to be reassembled. While others may be 10 lbs more heavy, per the listed weights above, Revenge from Mars takes the cake.

#93 5 years ago

I was offered a caveman shortly after I sold rfm. Never heard of it so I looked it upped and saw that it was part video game. It could have been free. I wasn't going anywhere near that sumo bitch

I'm pretty sure it is still for sale, 3 years later.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Gryszzz - you're so cool! You tell 'em! And your avatar is so scary too with that skeleton. well done.

It's not a skeleton, it's a skull. And I want yours. Gotta hang it on my wall.

#95 5 years ago

I've owned a caveman and moved a haunted house. Neither was heavier than Joust. What a bitch!

#96 5 years ago

Out of the pre-2006 games I've hauled around:

Caveman was probably the heaviest due to the extra weight from the monitor (and joystick panel, and PCB cage), however since the backbox separates from the body, it's not the worst one to move.

Black hole is another heavy one that takes some effort to move, even when separated.

The worst one to assemble/disassemble is cetainly pin2k. The backbox is just big, heavy, and awkward to mount and dismount. I can barely do it in my own. But, I'm starting to get a system down after having to do it a few times.

STTNG actually didn't seem as bad to move as I thought it would. It's certainly on the heavy side for WPC games, but it wasn't unmanagable.

Some later gottlieb system 3 games are a bit difficult to move. They aren't balanced well and a lot of the weight is in the back third of the game, so some are tough to tip when trucking on a hand truck. I sometimes have to use my full body weight and then some to get it to tip to its balance point on a hand truck. But once it's balanced, it's fairly trivial to wheel around.

A shuffle alley is a little difficult because of the size, and in EM variants, weight. I can only imagine how tough Hercules is to move because of its ridiculous size.

Quoted from Vegas9:

Have you seen this mod? https://www.flipprojets.fr/CavemanEvo_EN.php

#97 5 years ago

Always thought Williams Grand Prix was a contender for heaviest machine. Haven't a clue what it weighs.

#98 5 years ago

I know it's not even close to being the heaviest machine but Centaur II was always a bitch and a half. It's too much of hassle to take it apart either so I've ended up moving it so many times in 1 piece. No more stairs with that game would be alright by me.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Zizzle me timbers I just stumbled upon the who's the biggest pussy of all time thread

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I do not think P3 counts

Why wouldn’t P3 count? It’s a pinball and its heavy and I’ve loaded it (my back and seller’s back prove it) and it’s in my collection. The reason I got it was it was to damn heavy to move into pinlawyer ‘s basement. It counts!

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heaviest-machine-of-all-time/page/2?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.