Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

That Zizzle POTC is a tad bit heavy.......

#52 11 years ago

Just moved a DM into the basement tonight. My opinion for top 3 heaviest I've dealt with:
    1.DM
    2.DM
    3.Tie between DM and DM

#53 11 years ago

Big Guns was the latest I moved and the huge back box was not fun.

#54 11 years ago

Didn't read the Thread , but RFM is the Awkwardest and Semeed to be the Heaviest Pin that i'vbe Mooved .. Yea I'm Tore upo ....

And where's my 5th i was promisedddddddddddd Jdubbbbbbb

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Wow I'm surprised RFM is so heavy. I wonder how much of that is the CRT. Safecracker is surprising too.
    Shadow 250? Really? Man, it sure felt like more than that. Maybe I'm just a wimp.
    Hercules isn't as heavy as you'd think. I recall it being under 300. I was curious after having an easier time nudging it than expected.

The CRT weighs a lot, but so does all that extra wood in the upper cabinet.

#56 11 years ago

Anyone know where Banzai Run "weighs" in on this?

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Anyone have confirmed stats on machine weights? Or a reliable source where data is correct? I see a lot of varied results when doing searches on this. Lots of websites just have stock copy for dimensions and weights.
    I know when I carried my Shadow upstairs I felt like it weighed twice as much as my other games. I think 325 lbs was the accurate weight I was able to find on that one.
    Never moved a widebody before, but I imagine games like IJ and TZ are brutal. WOZ is sure to be a beast as well.

I am not sure on actual weight, but I know my Defender is a BEAST!!! it has like 37 coils on the PF...and it is the only game that has pulled off of my rotisserie and fallen from the weight of the PF. I had it on the rotisserie flipped over, and was soldering something or rebuilding flippers...and all of a sudden...crash, the PF landed on the base of the table...luckily I had everything off the top getting ready to touch it up (read as repaint) so no harm done, but I did have to figure out a new way to attach it to the rotisserie for the remainder of the rebuild. And that was just the PF...put it in the game, and it is one heavy pin!!!

Phoebe

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Stargate is 289 lbs.
    STTNG is 300 lbs.
    according to respective flyers...it's not JUST the weight, it's where the weight IS.

Stargate has to be one of heaviest standard type games out there. P2K is designed to be separated and moved as two separate pieces.

The problem with Haunted House is all the weight is in the cab. The head weighs nothing by comparison so moving it with the head off doesn't buy you much. It was the only game I needed three people to get in my basement with the head off.

And earlier Williams games with the transformer in the head makes moving them difficult either with head strapped on or not.

Regardless, the games are not getting lighter and we're not getting younger - it's a battle we're destined to lose.

viperrwk

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I am not sure on actual weight, but I know my Defender is a BEAST!!! it has like 37 coils on the PF...and it is the only game that has pulled off of my rotisserie and fallen from the weight of the PF. I had it on the rotisserie flipped over, and was soldering something or rebuilding flippers...and all of a sudden...crash, the PF landed on the base of the table...luckily I had everything off the top getting ready to touch it up (read as repaint) so no harm done, but I did have to figure out a new way to attach it to the rotisserie for the remainder of the rebuild. And that was just the PF...put it in the game, and it is one heavy pin!!!
    Phoebe

Defender is 270 - http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=pinballdb&id=622&image=2

viperrwk

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Anyone know where Banzai Run "weighs" in on this?

Banzai Run - 280 - http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=pinballdb&id=766&image=2

I'll let people look up their own machines now.

viperrwk

#61 11 years ago

Hell let's face it, they're all heavy...

#62 11 years ago

I agree with Demo Man; moving that into my basement was an adventure. A close second would be Judge Dredd in my opinion. Another widebody with a ton of wireforms.

#63 11 years ago

When it comes to overall weight, I don't think a bunch of wire forms really contribute to the over all
    weight of a machine that much considering they really don't weigh very much compared to the other components of a game.

#64 11 years ago

+1 on DM. I always thought TZ was as heavy as it could get, but DM feels like someone stuffed the cab full of dumbbells. BH was heavy, but not quite in the same league, imho.

#65 11 years ago

Pinball Circus for sure. It might be stretching it but the Flintstones pinball made by ICE is heavy.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

The problem with Haunted House is all the weight is in the cab. The head weighs nothing by comparison so moving it with the head off doesn't buy you much. It was the only game I needed three people to get in my basement with the head off.

Any idea on the actual weight? I was just about to come ask what the weight on this one is...

#67 11 years ago

I lost a friend and a nut on Stargate!

#68 11 years ago

CV is 300 pounds, heaviest game I have ever moved up stairs.

#69 11 years ago

I don't know how Hercules could not be the heaviest by a long shot. Has anyone actually moved one? I know either HEP or Honda had one in their game room.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

OK - three different flyers for CV have its weight being three different values - 300 lbs, 355 lbs and 113kg (249 lbs) - what the hell is that about?

BTW I don't know the official weight for HH but all indirect quotes I've seen has its weight at least 300 lbs.

viperrwk

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't know how Hercules could not be the heaviest by a long shot. Has anyone actually moved one? I know either HEP or Honda had one in their game room.

Well the flyer for Hercules lists its weight at ONLY 275 lbs! Which means it is far from being the heaviest.

http://www.nypinball.com/showdetailbro.php?br=29_front_org.jpg

But its sheer size makes it hard to move!

viperrwk

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

OK - three different flyers for CV have its weight being three different values - 300 lbs, 355 lbs and 113kg (249 lbs) - what the hell is that about?
    BTW I don't know the official weight for HH but all indirect quotes I've seen has its weight at least 300 lbs.
    viperrwk

I don't know but I have moved a few games up the same stairs and this thing was a total pig.
    It is more than 249 but didn't feel like 355.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I moved a CV up the stairs a few weeks ago. Nowhere near as heavy as STTNG was.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

How about Banzai Run?

Read up.

viperrwk

#76 11 years ago

black hole ,is the worst!!!!!!!!!

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from jk2171:

A close second would be Judge Dredd in my opinion

I bench press JD pins while eating a sandwich.

#78 11 years ago

Out of the games in my basement... I think Black Hole takes the cake....

I wanna say Paragon, cause it's a wide-body, but there is really nothing in the body haha.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

Well the flyer for Hercules lists its weight at ONLY 275 lbs! Which means it is far from being the heaviest.
    http://www.nypinball.com/showdetailbro.php?br=29_front_org.jpg
    But its sheer size makes it hard to move!

That amazes me... Given the bouncing around of other games with regards to known weight and flyer weight, cananyone confirm this of Hercules? I would think the glass alone on this thing would be around 50 lbs alone. Given HH and BH weights as larger WB's, and that Herc is about twice the size, I simply can't imagine it weighs only 275...

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I would think the glass alone on this thing would be around 50 lbs alone.

It's plastic, not glass.

#82 11 years ago

RFM is a heavy beast but it's also designed to be moved with the head off.. I'm just sayin'

Heaviest game I've moved is Strange Science. I'd swear they used concrete for wood in that game (it's MDF), and there are two transformers in it (one for the neon)

- B

#83 11 years ago

Hercules, really ? I've played the thing before and it's such a simplistic game that it's hard to imagine there's much inside. A big-ass cabinet and playfield really. I lifted a HH once (not by myself) and the thing was easily 400 lbs. I seem to recall a painful ordeal lifting it up some stairs with lots of swearing involved...

#84 11 years ago

Hercules was easier to move and set up then many newer pins. Of course I did have someone helping me but thats only because its just so awkward and big, but it still not that heavy. The playfield glass is plexiglass thats 1/4" thick. I thought the game would weigh about 1000 lbs but its defiantly more like the 275 that the flyer says. Moved mine into the basement last December and it will never leave unless I find the Bigfoot.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hercules was easier to move and set up then many newer pins. Of course I did have someone helping me but thats only because its just so awkward and big, but it still not that heavy. The playfield glass is plexiglass thats 1/4" thick. I thought the game would weigh about 1000 lbs but its defiantly more like the 275 that the flyer says. Moved mine into the basement last December and it will never leave unless I find the Bigfoot.

Okidokie. I couldn't have imagined this before, but guess it must be so. I was unaware that the PF glass was plexi, I guess given the size that makes more sense. What a strange idea that game was.

#86 11 years ago

Hercules, PB 2K, Safecracker, TZ

#87 11 years ago

TZ, JD, DM, STTNG, and Haunted House...all beat my brains in, and broke my back, and my freinds back...

The surprising one for me was my Capcom Airborne..for a standard sized pin, it was brutal..felt easily as heavy if not heavier, than the above...

But Capcoms are built like tanks...overbuilt if anything...One of the things i love about them..

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heaviest-games-weight-stats/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.