5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DonnyB22
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181115_075048 (resized).jpg
    20181031_183058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donnyb22.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adam1:

Looking for some of the great non-fishing knowledge that IDO can provide. Sometime this summer I would like to finish our garage and heat it. When we purchased the house 2.5 years ago, I think the previous owners were in the process of finishing it. All of the walls are insulated, about half of the walls have been mud/tapped and the other half just got sheetrock on them. The ceiling is open through the rafters up to the roof. I love the ease and convenience of storing things in the rafters, but we will put up a ceiling and insulate it. Get new garage doors as well.
    The garage is 30′ x 32′, attached to the house. The house is heated by propane.
    My question is what is the best, cheapest, most convenient heat source to keep the garage roughly around 40-45 degrees in the winter? When talking cheapest, I more so mean long term costs associated with it rather than just short term initial cost. I’d also like to be able to heat up to 60 or so when I know I’d be out there for a few hours. Another thing to keep in mind is that our garage does house both of our vehicles, so in general each garage door is going to open at least once in the morning and once in the evening, losing most of the heat.
    Also, will be great addition if someone shares their experience with Mr. Heater F232000, these reviewers can be tricky time to time, you know them

Quoted from BOBCADE:

Gas will be more efficient but I'd look at a mini split system that has a heat pump and AC.
    https://www.acwholesalers.com/cooling/mitsubishi-single-zone-mini-split-indoor-units.html
    That being said my needs were for just storage and exercise equipment in the garage so I went with this unit that I exhaust with a dryer vent:
    https://www.officialtop5review.com/best-propane-garage-heaters/

I know this is an old thread but I was just looking for some info on Mr. Heater too, and did a quick search.

Just wanted to say thanks to Bob, I think I'm going to go with that Honeywell!

This is exactly what I came to find out today!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donnyb22.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heater-options-for-garage?tu=donnyb22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.