image (resized).jpg
3548F967-1244-40DD-87A2-7EF3DE8BBB10 (resized).jpeg
68075A83-7823-461A-B3B8-180644AB1379 (resized).jpeg
61AC546F-E285-4683-B924-D5FF3543F85D (resized).jpeg
6C8A0154-1E0F-45DC-B477-9F9C46F14AA6 (resized).jpeg
3F76DF2E-179E-4640-AA6F-ECAAABFDB77F (resized).jpeg
55050B5A-1901-445D-B101-7F457455B77E (resized).jpeg
A466B7C1-5E3C-43FA-A508-90E77B7AA7BC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinaddict91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

That bg looks beauty! Wish they weren't sold out already; I could use one!
I finally found the issue. Wotta noob! It was the little pawl behind the one I thought was the problem. It was gummy. Now it's not. Now it works. Thanks a lot. Hey, that rhymes.
So stoked now. Love this game.

Im having the same problem with my heat wave it will not go all the way to the top light but also it will not reset at all?. Any tips on what you did to get it to fully reset?. Im very confused. Thanks.

#116 3 years ago

Things i need for my heat wave project

Rubber shooter rod tip
A red Ribbon in better condition than mine
Not bad flaking backglass
4 williams legs (mine are badly rusted
Schematic & playcards (if u can PDF email them to me thatd be even better).

PM me with any info can paypal or venmo. Or if u want to donate i can pay shipping thanks everyone for letting me be part of the new wave

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I took apart and degunked all seven step units on the machine. The failure to reset on yours might be mechanical. If your ribbon works but is just ugly, repaint it. I cleaned off the old paint with some stripper and then a wire brush on a Dremel to get off what the stripper left behind.
I could use an original drop target or a decal.
Mine is acting quite strangely. At reset, the pops are all off, as they should be, but they score 10 points, not one. After the first step, the red and yellow pops correctly score one point when not lit, but the match unit plunger does not pull back far enough to ring the one point bell or to advance the match cog. The really weird part is that the other one point bumpers on the machine work fine. The plunger pulls back far enough to ring the bell and advance the match cog.
Would appreciate some help on it.

What i dont understand is when i manually step it up it works but is just very slow but when i manually press in the plunger piece that i figured is suppose to reset it it does nothing but i dont see how its mechanical if i cleaned the parts with qtips and rubbing alcohol to free them up.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

If it’s manually slow, my guess is that you haven’t gotten all of the gunk out. I took mine completely apart. Old lube had turned to a sticky mess.

Would u be able to send me pics of exactly what u cleaned that fixed that exact problem?. Without having someone their with me i dont trust myself ill put it back right if i take it totally apart.

#122 3 years ago

Can anyone come help a felllow Pinhead out. Im 1 flipper away from giving up. Im in virginia. I will provide lunch and a good time

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

pinaddict91
Is your thermometer not resetting while on the machine with the thermometer strip in place?
If the pulley isn't aligned or is too tight, it'll keep the ribbon from resetting. That just happened on mine, when I was putting it back on from having the unit off the component board. In case that helps.
undrdog

So you are asking if while the game is on does it reset after i play and get the ribbon to the top?. Ive never tried to do that but i do know that if the game is on and i press the front button nothing happens the only time the game resets is if i shut off the game by hitting it on the slam switch underneath and then pressing the front button it will make all the score wheels reset to 0 and it will change the blow your top light back down to the fridgid light being on but thats it the ribbon stays at the top. I was told its a mechanical problem as the reason the ribbon does not reset to the bottom after but i do not trust myself taking it apart. But what it sounds like u are saying for me to maybe take the ribbon totally off and then put it back on maybe loosening the tension of the spring it attaches to?. Im willing to try anything. Thanks for advice

#125 3 years ago

See it goes up just not back down after playing a game. The ribbon seems very slow when its advancing up too tho makes me wonder if it isnt alligned correct

20200714_220217 (resized).jpg20200714_220217 (resized).jpg
#128 3 years ago

Luckily i got the themometer to work i didnt even have to take it apart i just went to harbor freight got super lube and put that on the pullys and other metal on metal parts and let it sit for a day and it works perfectly now. Thanks for the help everything tho. Other problem im still having is the game never going to game over after ball 5 but also not recognizing any of the balls i tried cleaning the contacts on the ball trough and it didnt fix anything. The gate fails to go down after the next ball or even move at all. Also wondering if anyone has any extra plastic cap piece they cab send me i just need 2 for the playfield. (The ones you rollover to make themometer rise). Thanks again

1 week later
#131 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I’m thrilled to report that my Heat Wave is all fixed!
Thank you to everyone who gave advice and support.
The problems turned out to be caused by a broken wire inside a bundle, two shorts, and the stop on the thermometer unit was in the wrong place. Maybe I put it back together wrong, or maybe it came to me that way.
Evan The Pinsmith had it all fixed in two hours.
Now I get to play my game!
But I still want to refurb the rest of the pops and one insert has to be raised up.
Thanks again to all who helped here and in my other threads. You're great pinsiders.

Wanted to give a big thanks as well to fellow pinsiders. My game is fixed as well happened to be the games relay was not gapped correct once that was fixed play gate was charged & goes five balls then game over. Now just need a backglass, score cards if anyone can send me a pdf of them as well & most important a new themometer ribbon.

3 weeks later
#135 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I still haven’t gotten to Blow Your Top yet!
Fine tuning the rollover buttons and pops. Got the flipper fixed. It was the EOS switch. Re-glued two loose inserts.

What did u use to keep the two loose inswrts down, mine are sticking up aqwardly and make the ball go weird directions sometimes not even registering a roll over. Would love to know.

1 week later
#141 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Does anyone have an idea of how many Heat Waves still exist? There’s only 17 registered at The serial number database

Id guess at least 60 working ones. Ones with perfect backglass about 5 ha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinaddict91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heat-wave-club-blow-your-top?tu=pinaddict91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.