(Topic ID: 115342)

Heat & Bubbled Mylar

By Linkage

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

In a couple places I see people mentioning poking pinholes and then heating bubbled mylar to shrink it up and draw it back towards the playfield. But not really any results or or if they would recommend this.

Has anyone tried it? How were your results?

#2 9 years ago

I have done this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be an idiot like myself. After poking a hole, make sure to seal it properly with something like crazy glue. If you don't and then wax, it will get in no matter what and look like garbage basically forever.

I did mine with a hairdryer. Worked out pretty decently, the mylar was so raised that it drastically altered ball movement. Upon completion, one spot was 100% fixed and the other spot (ball drain on Pin-Bot which has 4 inserts) approximately 75%.

#3 9 years ago

Nice to know,I need to do the same to some Mylar

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heat-bubbled-mylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.