Good Morning all!
I have made the odd post in the "Show your EM thread" and thought I'd place everything in one spot here.
A few months back I received an e-mail inquiring about some pins and from that conversation came this Hearts and Spades. It was in tough condition but the price was fair considering the numbers produced and I started on it with some breaks to work on A Time Machine and a Melody. After bringing it home, an hours work had everything working and then proceeded to take it apart.
Cabinet; Head and cab were rough, at some time someone had used a number of large 4" brads to make repairs to the head. They were all pulled out and everything was carefully repaired and glued back together with judicious use of much smaller brads to make sure everything stayed that way. Used Citrus strip to get the old nasty yellow paint off. Currently both have a nice coat of oil based paint and is awaiting webbing and stencils. The coin door and upper trim and shooter all went in a Evap-o-rust bath and hit by the buffing wheel, for my purposes good enough. Legs are actually in decent shape, though painted which I might strip off to see what is under there or apply a fresh coat of silver.
Playfield; Playfield is rough, lots of time cleaning with magic eraser and naphtha. Really agonized over a complete repaint vs just shooting with clear and enjoying it. I have not done a complete playfield refurb yes and didn't have the time at the moment so settled on clearcoating and future repaint, time permitting. First step in that is clear coating anyways! This is my first playfield clearcoat and I'm pleased with how it came out.
I let the playfield sit for two weeks after the final coat of 2k and then assembled. New poppers, popper domes, popper links and fibers, popper skirts, 38 posts, flippers, flipper bushings, target decal, coin slot plastic and decal and elastics from PBR, LEDs from Comet.
Backglass is pretty good condition aside from some red fade and lost paint in spots, will need minor touch up and sealing.
Currently the playfield is finished, lamps all tested, contacts cleaned and adjusted. I'm hoping to start practicing webbing this Sunday. Going the lacquer and glue route out of a proper paint gun. Never done it before so looking forward to it and stepping up my game.