(Topic ID: 29635)

Heard Stern was announcing a new title this week?

By Benepinballs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RGR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DOC110612-11062012125910.pdf (PDF preview)
    New_Avengers_ad_in_Playmeter.JPG_thumb.png
    Howard_Stern.jpg
    Barack-Obama-Playing-a-Pinball-Machine.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Let me guess..... Avengers.

next games is AVENGERS, 100% confirmed with Starburst Canada.. and they're already taking pre-orders.

#52 11 years ago

JJ. Get that game in my house : )

#53 11 years ago

I want a playfield pic.. but they will probably tease for a while..

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

next games is AVENGERS, 100% confirmed with Starburst Canada.. and they're already taking pre-orders.

I'm guessing this time they'll put images from the recent movie instead of hand drawn art like x-men?

I'd like hand drawn art but whatever, Avengers is fine with me as a theme however they do it.

#55 11 years ago

If they are taking pre-orders do they have a picture or flyer?

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If they are taking pre-orders do they have a picture or flyer?

No.. I wish.

The only reason I know this is because the demand for Tron is so fricken' high up here that I've been asked to divert my customers to Avengers instead.

Sadly though I get the same response all the time. "Gomez you say.. I'll have to wait and see."

#57 11 years ago

A super hero game? Get out.....

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

A super hero game? Get out.....

LOL I hear ya.. big surprise there right? I think the more odd thing though is that it's one right after another. Not the wisest move me thinks..

#59 11 years ago

I still don't get why they don't release some of these pins like Avengers while the movie is out in theatres and is very popular. They use to do it that way in the 90's.

#60 11 years ago

Next games is AVENGERS, 100% confirmed ...

The real question is if they are going to do a pro, premium and LE like AC/DC, or just a pro and LE ala X-Men. I really hope they choose to go the premium route, as it will give a lot more people a chance to own the full version of the game.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I still don't get why they don't release some of these pins like Avengers while the movie is out in theatres and is very popular. They use to do it that way in the 90's.

Because it's a crapshoot. They don't know it will be popular or good. They often don't get to use the assets for the movie cuz the studio wants to keep it secret.

If the movie comes out and is a bonafide hit - it won't stop being a hit once it leaves the theater. Also, comic book adaptations like Avengers is an evergreen property. It's been around forever and will be around forever. Box office is a 2 or 3 month window and has no bearing on whether people will be attracted to the pinball machine. If a movie proves itself, it's good forever.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Because it's a crapshoot. They don't know it will be popular or good. They often don't get to use the assets for the movie cuz the studio wants to keep it secret.
    If the movie comes out and is a bonafide hit - it won't stop being a hit once it leaves the theater. Also, comic book adaptations like Avengers is an evergreen property. It's been around forever and will be around forever. Box office is a 2 or 3 month window and has no bearing on whether people will be attracted to the pinball machine. If a movie proves itself, it's good forever.

Not to mention Avengers 2 is already being planned.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They often don't get to use the assets for the movie cuz the studio wants to keep it secret.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Many video game titles I worked on were movie tie-in releases, often releasing 1-2 weeks before the actual movie came out. If you played the game before the movie you pretty much knew the whole story.

I doubt any studio would have a problem with signing licenses early with pinball manufacturers to build a pin that is loosely associated with the film. There is no way you could play the Tron pinball, for example, and really know what the major plot points and story line to the movie is.

#64 11 years ago

a mate on AP posted this last night, play meter mag

Avengers Pinball - Stern = confirmed

New_Avengers_ad_in_Playmeter.JPG_thumb.pngNew_Avengers_ad_in_Playmeter.JPG_thumb.png

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I will Confirm this... I just checked my playmeter Page 19!!!!!

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Many video game titles I worked on were movie tie-in releases, often releasing 1-2 weeks before the actual movie came out. If you played the game before the movie you pretty much knew the whole story.
    I doubt any studio would have a problem with signing licenses early with pinball manufacturers to build a pin that is loosely associated with the film. There is no way you could play the Tron pinball, for example, and really know what the major plot points and story line to the movie is.

It happened on IJ4, BDK, Spider-Man, and Ironman...they weren't allowed to use stuff from the current movie outside of the trailer footage. That's why IJ4 doesn't have much from Crystal Skull. The only stuff in IM from IM2 is from the trailers (not that that's a bad thing lol). Spidey didn't have much from SM3 until a year or so later when we got the big updates. BDK has no Two Face or voice clips from Rachel or Harvey Dent.

The studios just aren't cooperative w/ Stern for some reason. LOTR seems to be the only one where they willingly gave them tons of assets before all the movies were released.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It happened on IJ4, BDK, Spider-Man, and Ironman...they weren't allowed to use stuff from the current movie outside of the trailer footage. That's why IJ4 doesn't have much from Crystal Skull. The only stuff in IM from IM2 is from the trailers (not that that's a bad thing lol). Spidey didn't have much from SM3 until a year or so later when we got the big updates. BDK has no Two Face or voice clips from Rachel or Harvey Dent.
    The studios just aren't cooperative w/ Stern for some reason. LOTR seems to be the only one where they willingly gave them tons of assets before all the movies were released.

terrible negotiation tactics.

#69 11 years ago

so another super hero pin... great!
    hand draw PF and cheesy walmart toys... oh and incomplete codes, wow this is gonna be great!

next pin... let me guess, another music pin? kiss (wow kids gonna love this one)

and after that, the hulk (anything super hero) followed by another music pin, big guess (metallica)?

that sums it up for the next 2 years...cool can't wait

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It happened on IJ4, BDK, Spider-Man, and Ironman...they weren't allowed to use stuff from the current movie outside of the trailer footage.

Don't forget T2 for the WMS fanboys..

#71 11 years ago

Don't forget T2 for the WMS fanboys..

Oh yeah and T3 for that matter!!

#72 11 years ago

I'll take a Hulk Green LE

#73 11 years ago

Totally! I see a Hulk LE in my future also

#74 11 years ago

I heard 250 Avengers LE and 250 Hulk LE...

#75 11 years ago

I'm not gonna throw my money blind at pre sale priced games anymore. They have to at least tell us if its a new system, RGB lighting, bigger screen or at least SOMETHING! I got lucky on TRON LE, and was glad I cancelled my pre order on an AC/DC LE with the cloudy cover over the lower playfield.
    I love the Avengers theme but am not going to roll the dice on it even though it would be here before the WOZLE. And the wait for the Xmen new code sucked too, and we are still waiting for the power pac update. I would feel more comfortable filling out the form that JJP will have with the WOZ LE to pre-purchase his next game.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from dnhayden:

Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
    PS: Hwo'd yuo lkie to run tihs by yuor sepll ckehcer?
    {The point of this line of research is that proficient readers read most words (except very long ones) principally through the first and last letters and a rapid recognition of the general shape and content of the entire word. That's why we typically read misspelled words with no trouble.}
    http://brainconnection.positscience.com/content/198_1

Jeez man, I think my brain almost exploded!!!!! I guess thats why these Cmabridge folks have some big brains to think with. Me thinks they are very correct and I sure like how they think.

QSS

#77 11 years ago

i thought they were doing a LE with Iron Man Hulk and Capt America??

#78 11 years ago

Can we get back on the subject of a Howard stern pin!

I mean who can't see FARTMAN on the translite and plenty of HEY NOWS

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Can we get back on the subject of a Howard stern pin!
    I mean who can't see FARTMAN on the translite and plenty of HEY NOWS

It has to have Jackie sounds in it or I'm out.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Stern are funny - I posted this pic on Stern's Facebook page this morning and now removed - what's the go?

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Stern are funny - I posted this pic on Stern's Facebook page this morning and now removed - what's the go?

That's their MO.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

hand draw PF and cheesy walmart toys... oh and incomplete codes, wow this is gonna be great!
    next pin... let me guess, another music pin? kiss (wow kids gonna love this one)
    and after that, the hulk (anything super hero) followed by another music pin, big guess (metallica)?

Exactly...s**ts getting really, really old....

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Lucky you weren't blocked too.

LTG : )

#84 11 years ago

Hmmm i wonder what this is all about

(Edit: pics not showing up???? Sterns FB post "Smash")

#85 11 years ago

What is the picture?

#86 11 years ago

No pic, just the word SMASH

#87 11 years ago

Ok Hulk Smash. We got it Stern.

Its been rumored for months, even with Sterns new "anti information" stance. Its also been leaked in the pinball magazine.

Lets not continue to string along "hints" for 2 weeks. Lets get some pictures or at least info out there already.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Its been rumored for months, even with Sterns new "anti information" stance. Its also been leaked in the pinball magazine.
    Lets not continue to string along "hints" for 2 weeks. Lets get some pictures or at least info out there already.

The anti-information stance is a good one, trust me.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

It's amateur hour beginning all over again.

#90 11 years ago

I've been a big fan of Stern since around '98, over the past few years though I've been enjoying O&A a lot more. It's just a funnier show right now.

Yeah, you fouled up the thread title.

#91 11 years ago

Gottlieb should be the one making a Howard Stern game... You pay a fortune for it, and it only works 3 days a week.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from Engine09:

I've been a big fan of Stern since around '98, over the past few years though I've been enjoying O&A a lot more. It's just a funnier show right now.
    Yeah, you fouled up the thread title.

I listen to O&A just about every day, but man I miss the days when XM first brought them back to the air. Anything went back then. Remember what they used to do with the whiffle ball bat? )

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

I'm with you except for the KISS part. I'm all in on that one.
    Terry.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

Yep so the code should be completed by the end of 2014...

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heard-stern-was-announcing-a-new-title-this-week/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.