Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

049A5316-BCA1-4B7F-B76E-9AFC4DDABDF1 (resized).jpeg
Dataeast (resized).jpg
CA782ADE-E622-4C8A-AE96-93A6590AF169 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Data East WWF Royal Rumble....

Game played fine, then while working on the machine, I smelled something burning. Not sure why but the coil under the playfield that pushes the ball up to the ball shooter got very hot, apparently seized up and melted the sleeve.

I replaced the coil. The solenoid fired repeatedly and then stopped. All the while it was firing, still wasn’t loading a ball. Then I heard a pop in the backbox. Now the solenoid doesn’t fire at all.

Multiple problems and symptoms....where do I start?

CA782ADE-E622-4C8A-AE96-93A6590AF169 (resized).jpegCA782ADE-E622-4C8A-AE96-93A6590AF169 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

Open the backbox, check what is burnt, check fuses..

#3 5 years ago

I can't tell from your post if you are talking about the ball being ejected from the trough into the shooter lane, or the ball being launched from the shooter lane to the playfield that isn't working.

Either way though, what you're describing is not unfamiliar to me. I had something similar happen on the kickback lane of my Rocky and Bullwinkle that ended up being a blown transistor (and you probably cooked that new coil in the process).

Dataeast (resized).jpgDataeast (resized).jpg

#4 5 years ago

Trough into the shooter lane.

I have replaced the coil. I’m a. It over my head with. Lards and the such. How do I locate/test the transistor?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Either way though, what you're describing is not unfamiliar to me. I had something similar happen on the kickback lane of my Rocky and Bullwinkle that ended up being a blown transistor (and you probably cooked that new coil in the process).

So yes, the Q45 transistor needs to be replaced. Asking what i am sure is a newbie question, but, what is the proper part number/transistor type to order as a replacement?

049A5316-BCA1-4B7F-B76E-9AFC4DDABDF1 (resized).jpeg049A5316-BCA1-4B7F-B76E-9AFC4DDABDF1 (resized).jpeg

#8 5 years ago

Thanks...ordered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heard-a-pop-in-the-backbox-ball-won%e2%80%99t-load-solenoid-won%e2%80%99t-fire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.