(Topic ID: 76752)

Heads Up! MM for 2600 c/o Craig's List.....

By Pinball_Nate

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TaTa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

york.craigslist.org link

I don't have anything to do with this, just passing on what I hope is a great deal for someone - you can pay me a "finder's fee" later!!

#2 10 years ago

I'll take 2!

#3 10 years ago

Almost assuredly a scam. Someone that can do cash and carry can dip their toes to make sure.

#4 10 years ago

Hey, yah never know - DE houses some scary characters!!!! Someone let us know if this is for real or not!!!

-Nate

#5 10 years ago

I replied why not, read about my grizzly murder later!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Almost assuredly a scam. Someone that can do cash and carry can dip their toes to make sure.

+1 look at the capitalized words in the ad. Someone trying to out those who flip machines by my read.

viperrwk

#7 10 years ago

I replied about an hour and a half later after it was posted and the seller got back to me and told me it was spoken for already.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

+1 look at the capitalized words in the ad. Someone trying to out those who flip machines by my read.
    viperrwk

LOL good catch!

#9 10 years ago

Oh man! If this is for real what a find! I only live about thirty minutes from this place...wish I would have caught this one.

#10 10 years ago

Now we have a new current value for MM.

$2600

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Oh man! If this is for real what a find! I only live about thirty minutes from this place...wish I would have caught this one.

Its not real, its a scam. Same scam done monthly in other areas, different game, always desireable. I guess some weirdos get off on that.

#12 10 years ago

Finally realistic prices these games should be going for no more than 4 to 5 thousand tops.
    Or spend three thousand more and get a superior game.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its not real, its a scam. Same scam done monthly in other areas, different game, always desireable. I guess some weirdos get off on that.

I agree! I called their bluff. I immediately contacted the seller who never got back to me. I guess I shouldn't of told them that I live close and could do a cash and carry today.

#14 10 years ago

Oh well, was hoping for the best - ex-husband, pin sitting in basement. Just trying to be a good PinSider...........

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Nate

#15 10 years ago

Next time offer them double their asking price and tell them you are local and have cash in hand

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

I replied about an hour and a half later after it was posted and the seller got back to me and told me it was spoken for already.

Email or phone call? not sure why I care - it's my nature to want some kind of justice brought upon scammers but they usually take care of that themselves

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Now we have a new current value for MM.
    $2600

I think the truth is somewhere in between...

"Medieval Madness, 1997 Williams: $100,000.00
    Brand new in sealed box."

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/search_for_sale.cgi

#18 10 years ago

I figured what the heck and sent an email to them also. It had only been on CL for 28 mins when I responded. I never heard back from them. Im only 5 miles away, Worth a shot I guess.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

viperrwk

MIA - YOU ARE PUT ON NOTICE FLIPPERS!

#20 10 years ago

I just received a response email. It reads:

SOLD YESTERDAY for $9,500. Couldnt't believe it. IT was in really nearly perfect shape. Some guy named Hep or Hup had done work on it a few years ago.

Now this is funny!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from boostedskex:

SOLD YESTERDAY for $9,500. Couldnt't believe it. IT was in really nearly perfect shape. Some guy named Hep or Hup had done work on it a few years ago.
    Now this is funny!

Ok that puts this to rest definite Troll add!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from boostedskex:

Now this is funny!

case closed - I'm surprised it didn't come with a Shasta

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok that puts this to rest definite Troll add!

I have to agree. I too received the sold e-mail for 9.5k. I thought, selling at 2.6k and having it sell for 9.5k sounds to good to be true for the seller. I mean, what luck to have somebody respond so quickly(had to have been the first) and offer nearly four times the asking price. Troll add is right!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heads-up-mm-for-2600-co-craigs-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.