(Topic ID: 938)

Headphones for pinball

By seanymph

14 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 14 years ago

I agree that headphones are only helpfull for the person playing the game who wants a full experience. Although, it must sound weird, to hear the game sound/music much louder and the machine noise much lower.

For 12 years of collecting, I always put my games in a gameroom which is located on an industrial estate. No neighbours, no problems. But recently I have also placed some games at home.. Totally different story, noise levels suddenly became important (if I want to play after 10 in the evening).

I realised that in all those years I have never actually let the amount of noise a game makes alter my buying decision. But since I got that Baywatch pin, which produces an incredible amount of solenoid noise, I'll make sure my next home pin will be a "quieter" one, probably a Bally/Williams game.

Also wondering why Sega/Data East and (somewhat less) Stern pins are so much noisier than Bally/Williams games. Thinner cabinets/glass? Other solenoids mechs? Did Bally/Williams pay attention to noise levels or is it just a coincidence that their games are so much quieter to play?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/headphones-for-pinball?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.