Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jorge5240
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So my wife talked me into doing the bay to breakers for her birthday. I am not a huge fan of the city but we are going on a day early and want to hit up an barcade or two the night before the race. Looking for something fun for everyone, non pinheads included. Selfishly would love to get chance to play Iron Maiden, guardians and dialed in as those are on my radar for future purchases.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

non pinheads included

FGW is great, but it offers nothing for non pinheads.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

FGW is great, but it offers nothing for non pinheads.

Well you may get a contact high from all the weed smoke blowing in from outside, or was that inside? Anyways it's a great spot but no beer being served.

#5 5 years ago

Coin open arcade great beer food and pinball

#6 5 years ago

Doesn’t FGW close mad early too?

#7 5 years ago

Yes it does. I was just in sf for 6 days, and we walked from the mission to haight and it was closed when we got there. Pinball is really big in sf at the moment. There is a good barcade at the top of market st, north of the coin mint. Also there is a fancy movie theatre that has a big lebowski and a Lexi lightspeed and a Pinball magic.

#8 5 years ago

Coin-Op Game Room is pretty cool. The bar at the Alamo Drafthouse has Big Lebowski and some other good ones, and if you're in the Mission, Gestalt has pins and usually a good beer selection. Also, if you're in the East Bay and want to play GotG and Iron Maiden, Phoenix Games has GotG and Flipper Room has Iron Maiden- both in Concord.

#9 5 years ago

Free Gold Watch is thee place. Great location with *tons* of bars, food, second hand clothing places, like 100 feet from Amoeba Records. It’s in the Haight. It’s a great/awful touristy hood. And literally across the street from Golden Gate Park. Call ahead if you are going to go by after dinner because they might close, but Friday/Saturday, who knows? I’m there late all the time on weekends. They have Dialed In, Iron Maiden, and even JJP POTC (proto). It’s the best bank. Disclosure: I operate my games there. But I wouldn’t if it didn’t rule. I ain’t got time for that shit.

Alamo Drafthouse is the above-mentioned theater. Small but crazy selection of games in a theater. TNA. TBL. Great bar. Non pinheads can see a movie. Ha. It’s in the Mission, a real... neighborhood. With, again, a bazillion things to do.

Seriously though, those places are the best, in the best locations.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for all the input. Not that we are looking to get crunk night before the race but would like a place where everyone can hang out. Would love to play TNA and TBL because those are games I don’t know if I will ever play/Buy. I have little kids and getting to shows is tough, so I mostly buy blind which I know to most people is crazy.

Last purchase was AFMLE which was worth it but would love to play the recent releases especially dialed in.

#11 5 years ago

Also don’t mind the weed. Not my cup of tea but doesn’t bother me at all if my kids are not present.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heading-to-san-francisco-best-barcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.