Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

new orleans sleep on trunk (resized).jpg
    B5AF4C9A-A1BD-4486-9972-39888234C8E8 (resized).jpeg
    F54A0FC7-54CB-48B6-9431-E4D4DAB0EFAA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Heading to New Orleans for a friends 40th birthday. So far, have a swamp tour, cemetery tour and one nice dinner at R'evolution. Looking for guidance. Basically going just to hang out and drink at some cool bars and get some good food.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Best meal I had there: https://www.brigtsens.com/

Bourbon street sucks pretty hard unless you like huge crowds and expensive yard sized sugary drinks.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's pretty silly to avoid Bourbon St - that's like going to NYC and refusing to visit the Statue of Liberty or whatever. You can easily spend 20 minutes just strolling up or down Bourbon St and then move on, but you should surely make it a stop. The strip is about 8 blocks so it's not like it's much of a commitment.
    For live music you will want to go to Frenchmen st just across from the quarter.[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from mezzblue:

Bourbon st is good to stroll down, just dont stay long.

I totally get that Bourbon street may be awesome for some people, but going somewhere just to say you went there is the exact opposite of how I want to spend my vacation. By all means, if that's your scene then it's probably awesome, but Frenchmen is 1000% better and actually worth more than 20 minutes if your time. I know the statue of liberty was an off the cuff analogy, but I'd compare it to something like Times Square. When I went to NYC with some friends we "had to see it!". After the time spent getting there, all the people you have to shove through...you're like cool, we're here...I guess we can go to the M&Ms store? Unless you really feel like you need to see it, you're not missing anything. Why am I picking this hill to die on? Because I made my buddy take me when I went to visit him under much protest by him, and I wish we'd spent that time doing literally anything else .

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's more than just "going there to go there."
    Bourbon st. should be seen. At least once!

How is spending 20 minutes to go there and then moving on not the definition of "going there to go there"? Going there to go there sounds exactly what you are recommending. There is better food, better music, better bars, and better people practically anywhere else in the city. What exactly are you suggesting they do there that there isn't a better version of elsewhere? Can you tell I don't care for bourbon street?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jesus Fn Christ.
    I'm suggesting they walk to Bourbon st. and check it out If they don't like it, they can leave.
    Your STAY AWAY FROM THERE AT ALL COSTS!!! advice is fucking ridiculous when they are likely going to be a block or two away anyway at various times. Not everybody is a tourism snob.
    If you really can't get any enjoyment at all out of anything on Bourbon st I don't know what to tell you. It's a trip and I 100 percent guarantee at least one person out of the four will get a chuckle out of at least one thing they see there. They are obviously going to go there anyway just like 100 percent of the people who are in NOLA for the first time so GET OVER IT!
    Man, they are gonna love the Hurricanes at Pat O' Briens. - pro tip, only get 1, they are way stronger than you think and there's nothing grosser than pink vomit.

Lol yeesh, do you own stock in the place? I've been there so trust me I am definitely over it. I'm not personally invested in anyone going there, just trying to save the OP the disappointment I had when I realized I was walking by a bunch of "Irish" sports bars and places selling plastic mugs of booze slushies. As I said if that's your scene then you'll have a blast.

I'm not going to win you over and that's ok. You can stand in the middle of bourbon street taking in the ambiance of drunk 23 year old frat boys wearing drinks around their necks and bars blasting country music. It's the authentic NOLA experience you can't get at literally any bar in any town ever!

Also there is no pinball in New Orleans.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:Mystic Krewe pinball parlor at kebab
    http://nolapinball.com/

Oh nice! Its been a while since I have been out there. Glad something opened up to the public!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heading-to-new-orleans?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.