(Topic ID: 75706)

Heading to CO for the week: Who wants to play pinball?

By Whysnow

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    packers-fan.jpg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I am heading out to visit my brother and plan to make a few trips to local pinball places.

Anyone want to meet up? I was thinking of the 1up at LODO on this Sunday for some play and then the monthly tourney.

Also thinking of heading to Lyons one afternoon/evening. Is there a best day to go to Lyons to have more room and access to the pins?

#2 10 years ago

also was planning on press play? (I think that is what it is called) in Boulder some evening.

My bro lives in superior so it is pretty easy travel to a handful of places.

#3 10 years ago

Definitely hit up Pinball Jones in Fort Collins if you're up that way. Also Flipper McGill's in Idaho Springs, if you're that way.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#4 10 years ago

Any info on current games at Flipper McGill's?

Are they really open 7 day a week? We may hea dup to A basin and loveland pass to board one day so that would be a perfect stop for a beer and pinball on the way back!

#5 10 years ago

As Rob mentioned have a few places up this way in Fort Collins but sounds like you might be a little more local to Denver while here. plenty of options there.

#6 10 years ago

Yeah, unlikely that I will make my way up to Ft. Fun.

I had started another thread but never got anyone interested >> If anyone needs pin transport from WI/Il area to CO later today or back from CO next week then I am happy to lend a hand as we should have room for 1 game in the vehicle if needed.

#7 10 years ago

Whysnow I forget if you are a GB fan or not? If so and want to catch the game, few awesome places in Denver that are Packer bars to watch it at! Swankys in downtown is the bomb but few other good ones as well.

#8 10 years ago

If you go to Press Play - free pinball on Tues from 4-7pm.

#9 10 years ago

I am a fan of watching the packers lose like they will this weekend

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

If you go to Press Play - free pinball on Tues from 4-7pm.

Good info and THANKS! Free pinball is great!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am a fan of watching the packers lose like they will this weekend

Boo on you sir!

You are a Bears fan huh, I'd be pissed too.

#12 10 years ago

Sounds like the pinball community in the Colorado area is strong. Lot's of deals there on games. Maybe you will come back with one. Wishing I could join you. Enjoy your trip.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I had started another thread but never got anyone interested >> If anyone needs pin transport from WI/Il area to CO later today or back from CO next week then I am happy to lend a hand as we should have room for 1 game in the vehicle if needed

Ya I wish I knew, I would have found a game to buy from WI somewhere I am sure!

Anyone in WI want to buy a Congo, Transformers LE or CSI?

#14 10 years ago

Welcome to CO. There is no way to say when Lyons Classic Pinball will be busy or not but Fridays tend to be my slowest evenings.We also have no league or tourn this Thurs(tonight) so it will most likely be slower than the weekend. Be sure to introduce yourself if I am there.(I won't be there Sat evening).

#15 10 years ago

Don't bother stopping at Flipper McGills unless you actually call and get him on the phone to make sure he is open that day. We made a trip there a month back and they were suppose to be open and they were closed. Neighboring businesses said his hours of operation are not reliable.

1up and 2up are 21+ and you need ID even if you have grandkids.

Between Boulder and Golden is the Rocky Flats Lounge. Friday fish fry and big game day Packer bar with brats, burgers and curds.

http://wpdupdates.wordpress.com/2008/05/20/denver-co-and-surrounding-area-pinball-locations/

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

Welcome to CO. There is no way to say when Lyons Classic Pinball will be busy or not but Fridays tend to be my slowest evenings.We also have no league or tourn this Thurs(tonight) so it will most likely be slower than the weekend. Be sure to introduce yourself if I am there.(I won't be there Sat evening).

We will be out there as of tomorrow morning (14 drive starting today after work).

Maybe we will stop over on Friday evening. I'll be sure to say HI and introduce myself

#17 10 years ago

If you guys need to know what Hilton looks like.....

packers-fan.jpgpackers-fan.jpg

#18 10 years ago

lol

#19 10 years ago

Stop by and play some games on the showroom, got about 35 pins on the floor right now

Also add downstairs at erics in brek they are changing up there pins tomorrow, we are delivering STPREM and AVLE

#20 10 years ago

Hope someone is working on tweaking it!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am heading out to visit my brother

Hmmm. Pot is legal Jan 1st - heading out to visit my brother on Jan 2. Enjoy the trip!

Joshua I think GEX should consider the Delorean model of selling. I bet you'd become THE largest pinball distributor in US. If you don't know my reference, google it.

#22 10 years ago

Should be a good time, even though the start was side tracked with a clogged pipe.

Got home from work and planned to be on the road already but the massive dump flanker dropped this past Sat at league night must have stopped it all up...

Good to go now and on the road soon!

What strain do I sample first?

#23 10 years ago

Burn one for me

#24 10 years ago

Just got back from Estes Park last week. All the roads were dry and construction free. We drove past Lyons Classic Pinball but they were closed (poor planning on my part). We did swing by Bene Pizza for some food and pinball (nice people and good pizza!). Anyway, drive safe and have fun.

#25 10 years ago

Gex, what are your hours?

We played at lyons on friday, snowboarded on some fresh powder at Abasin on sat and then hit up flipper mcgills on the way back and hope to do lodo 1up later today.

Had a blast at lyons. Had my best games on playboy and banzaii run. Really enjoy the DE time machine. Games played great!

Flipper mcgills was nice collection but most of the games were a little rough. I got some time on ST and wow it was fun. I need some more time on it, but enjoyed the flow of the ramps. I have no idea what code they were running but i found a bug where during modes if you trap the ball one one flip you can hit the other and it scores points. The highlight of flipper was the broken cue ball wizard, because my brother liked it and he kept winning free games. It was missing the cue ball so the center shot was easy to score big. I did not tell him it was broken because he was having so much fun. Later he played it on the ipad and realized it was totally different LOL

#26 10 years ago

Hey Dude, Glad you guys had a good time at LCP. It was real nice meeting you. Safe travels and we will see you next time.

#27 10 years ago

Definitely do the 1up tourney. Some of the top players in the world usually attend.

I find Twista is a good pinball sativa that keeps me locked in. The green solution in denver usually has it.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

Hey Dude, Glad you guys had a good time at LCP. It was real nice meeting you. Safe travels and we will see you next time.

Had a blast! Thanks so much for your hospitality. My brother and wife have declared it the highlight of the trip already. We may come back up next thursday when my other brother flys in from seattle for the remainder of the week.

#29 10 years ago

I probably should not eat the whole thing at once...image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Plan to stop by JJs today and maybe back country pizza in boulder.

CO has so much pinball it is amazing. Wish we had even 1 location in Madison like what is out here.

#31 10 years ago

Cuckoo's Nest in Lakewood has 7 machines, beer, calzones and you won't get your ass kicked.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I probably should not eat the whole thing at once...

image.jpg 190 KB

Dude, that thing's got to taste like refried cardboard. I'm trying to be vegan again, but dairy-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, what the heck's in it? Dirt?

Hit up Pinball Jones man, you'll love it!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I probably should not eat the whole thing at once...

Awesome. Thoughts after eating?

#34 10 years ago

After eating space muffins I encourage you to eat at Cheeba Hut when the munchies hit

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Awesome. Thoughts after eating?

I have not tried it yet. Honestly a little nervous since i am a light weight. May just sample a nibble and see or let my brother try it and observe. Since he lives here he has a higher tolerance. It was just cool to buy legal herb in the US.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It was just cool to buy legal herb in the US.

Agreed!

How did the purchase process go? I'd be nervous as hell that the swat team was gonna bust in.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How did the purchase process go? I'd be nervous as hell that the swat team was gonna bust in.

Or maybe the swat team is watching on here.........................hmmmmmmmmmm

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Or maybe the swat team is watching on here.........................hmmmmmmmmmm

It is legal in CO now so i don't think there is a swat team assigned to ganja treat sales. LOL

Purchase is pretty similar to when i went to amsterdam a few years back, aside from no sampling in the shop. You walk in and look at what is available, Make a decision, and then buy. Show your ID just like at a liquor store.

Really anti climatic but that is how is should be IMHO. The varieties are truly crazy but i quit smoking cigs 4 years ago and really don't care for smoke much anymore. The edible treats are a cool thing and is obvious that the medical side of things is pretty well established here and the recreational was just a matter of time. I would assume that feds will look at the extra tax revenue in CO and WA and make changes at the federal level at some point. My bro said 20ish states now with medical which i had no idea on.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It is legal in CO now so i don't think there is a swat team assigned to ganja treat sales. LOL

Purchase is pretty similar to when i went to amsterdam a few years back, aside from no sampling in the shop. You walk in and look at what is available, Make a decision, and then buy. Show your ID just like at a liquor store.

Really anti climatic but that is how is should be IMHO. The varieties are truly crazy but i quit smoking cigs 4 years ago and really don't care for smoke much anymore. The edible treats are a cool thing and is obvious that the medical side of things is pretty well established here and the recreational was just a matter of time. I would assume that feds will look at the extra tax revenue in CO and WA and make changes at the federal level at some point. My bro said 20ish states now with medical which i had no idea on.

Haha, I know theres no actual swat team waiting, I just have been conditioned for the past 10 years to be extra cautious. It's going to be hard to break that when it does become legal. South Carolina will probably be one of the last hold-out states, unless someone here aligns weed tax with tourism somehow.

I've got a close friend that lives in denver, and I'm thinking about taking a trip out to see him. History is being made right now in CO, it would be cool to see some of it in person.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It is legal in CO now so i don't think there is a swat team assigned to ganja treat sales.

I don't know I've been stoned for 6 straight days, I don't even know what month it is!

Ok maybe not, matters not one bit for me. I saw a bunch of BS about like 35 deaths in CO on Jan 1st cause of marijuana related incidents, wouldn't doubt it one bit but I am sure it is skewed information that was twisted somehow.

I think it's great especially the amount of money it brings the state.

#41 10 years ago

Thanks for letting us know Whysnow about customer service problems at one of the 1-Up pinball barcades in CO. Hope the owner can fix his employee problems, so that more people can enjoy pinball out in public places, and so that his business can thrive better.
    Hope the rest of your vacation in CO is going well.
    Sounds like you have already hit some other good places to play pinball.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I saw a bunch of BS about like 35 deaths in CO on Jan 1st cause of marijuana related incidents, wouldn't doubt it one bit but I am sure it is skewed information that was twisted somehow.

It was not a real article.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/marijuana/hoax-story-claiming-marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-fools-some-not-all

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It was not a real article.

Nice, kind of figured it was partially bogus but not shocking it was fake

#44 10 years ago

Press Play Current Lineup (1005 Pearl St, Boulder)

Metallica Pro - Shaker, Cointaker LED kit
    Terminator 2 - Cointaker LED Kit
    Wizard of Oz (Standard) - Playfield LED brightening kit
    Getaway - Cointaker LED kit
    Stern Seawitch - LED Kit
    Whitewater - Cointaker LED kit, Color DMD
    Star Trek Pro - Stock
    Spiderman - Cointaker LED kit, shaker

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Press Play Current Lineup (1005 Pearl St, Boulder)
    Metallica Pro - Shaker, Cointaker LED kit
    Terminator 2 - Cointaker LED Kit
    Wizard of Oz (Standard) - Playfield LED brightening kit
    Getaway - Cointaker LED kit
    Stern Seawitch - LED Kit
    Whitewater - Cointaker LED kit, Color DMD
    Star Trek Pro - Stock
    Spiderman - Cointaker LED kit, shaker

Nice! We will be there on tuesday evening!!!! Looking forward to it!

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice! We will be there on tuesday evening!!!! Looking forward to it!

Good deal. Free pinball starts at 5pm

#47 10 years ago

do you guys in denver have weed smoking pincades yet?

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

do you guys in denver have weed smoking pincades yet?

It's "illegal" to smoke in public. Some apartment renters are even getting in trouble because their neighbors are complaining about the smell.

#49 10 years ago

Had a blast tonight! A local pinsider invited us over to play his amazing collection. I am not sure he wants to be named, so thanks man. We had a blast and your collection is amazing and diverse. The hospitality of CO pinheads has been fantastic.

#50 10 years ago

Lots of collectors here. Its amazing the amount of games in the Denver area.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heading-to-co-for-the-week-who-wants-to-play-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.