Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skipnatty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

194BFC9C-D466-41CB-851C-6343847144BC (resized).jpeg
    MVIMG_20190820_192605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0172 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9884 (resized).JPG
    KISS2 (resized).jpg
    KISS1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6523 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

As the title says, me and the wife are heading to Buffalo for a kiss concert and will be there Thursday through Sunday. What are some must hit places for pinball, beer, and eating. We will be staying in the Allentown area and most likely will have a rental car since we are doing Niagra Falls on Saturday.

So we need some suggestions for Thursday afternoon and Evening, and Friday afternoon before the concert.

#2 4 years ago

Buffalo Pinball folks have you covered:

https://buffalopinball.com/where-to-play/

#3 4 years ago

Thank you. I did scope that out already and I noticed there was a couple of spots from the pinball map that wasn't on the website. Namely, Pocketeer billiards which lists 78 games. Does anyone have any experience with this place.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

Thank you. I did scope that out already and I noticed there was a couple of spots from the pinball map that wasn't on the website. Namely, Pocketeer billiards which lists 78 games. Does anyone have any experience with this place.

I was there for work and have a buddy that plays there regularly I met up with. Good beer selection, some bar appetizers available, huge selection of pins all well maintained - would definitely recommend and go back.

While cliché, the buffalo wings at Anchor and Duff's do live up to the hype if wings are your jam.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

As the title says, me and the wife are heading to Buffalo for a kiss concert and will be there Thursday through Sunday. What are some must hit places for pinball, beer, and eating. We will be staying in the Allentown area and most likely will have a rental car since we are doing Niagra Falls on Saturday.
    So we need some suggestions for Thursday afternoon and Evening, and Friday afternoon before the concert.

We took our kids to see them Wednesday. It was ****ing awesome.

IMG_6523 (resized).JPGIMG_6523 (resized).JPG
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I was there for work and have a buddy that plays there regularly I met up with. Good beer selection, some bar appetizers available, huge selection of pins all well maintained - would definitely recommend and go back.
    While cliché, the buffalo wings at Anchor and Duff's do live up to the hype if wings are your jam.

Nice, thanks for the wing recommendation. I do enjoy hot wings so I think we can hit up either one of those.

#7 4 years ago

What were the prices for pins at pocketeers? Are they typical prices, 50 cents for older and 1.00 for new ones?

#8 4 years ago

Yes, older games are 50 cents and newer games are $1. Most new Stern games are premium machines. They have great beer prices and specials. Pocketeer has all 5 JJP games, all Chicago remakes, both American Pins and great selection otherwise. Jurassic Park may even be there by the end of the week. You can probably catch me/us streaming from there on the weekends. It is by far the best place to play pinball in Western New York.

#9 4 years ago

Pocketeer is well worth going to.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

Definitely check out Pocketeer! You won't be sorry! Make sure you hit Mighty taco for some eats. There's a few locations around town.

#11 4 years ago

I'm also heading up to Buffalo on vacation next week. First time for me
    So far on the list I have...
    -Corning Glass Museum (On our way up)
    -Niagra Falls
    -Pocketeers
    -Duffs
    -Food Truck Tuesday
    -Buffalo River Harbor Cruise
    -Canalside

Any other recommendations for things to do?
    Any good Breweries or Restaurants for a nice sunset?

#12 4 years ago

Though I have little to contribute to the "what to do in Buffalo part", I will say the KISS shows don't disappoint. Took my son to his first/last/only at Mohegan Sun in CT, and then a few days later went to Boston. Don't listen to Eddie Trunk or any of those guys on XM/YouTube. Just enjoy the last time you'll see one of the greatest stage shows ever.

KISS1 (resized).jpgKISS1 (resized).jpg
    KISS2 (resized).jpgKISS2 (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago

I saw them in March at Madison Square Garden and last week at Prudential Center.

They are just amazing in concert.

Little tip, they don't go on stage until 8:45pm...I'm assuming your tickets say 7:30pm.
    IMG_9884 (resized).JPGIMG_9884 (resized).JPG

IMG_0172 (resized).JPGIMG_0172 (resized).JPG
    #14 4 years ago

Your pics are great. I am super stoked, first kiss concert and first time to buffalo. I was curious is there some good merch, good posters. Generally the wife and I try to do a different concert in a different city every year and try to get a good poster. We really like the peal jam ones so I was hoping for some great art on the posters.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

-Niagra Falls
    -Pocketeers
    -Duffs
    -Food Truck Tuesday
    -Canalside

The few times I've been up there for work we have gone to Pearl Street Brewery, the beer and food has been pretty good. I wouldn't call it a life changing experience or go way out of your way if it's not convenient, but it was good overall!

#16 4 years ago

Happy wife = happy life. Jump the border into Niagara wine country. No joke, it's 3 mins from the border and there are a couple of breweries along the way.....all at a 30% discount on the US dollar.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Happy wife = happy life. Jump the border into Niagara wine country. No joke, it's 3 mins from the border and there are a couple of breweries along the way.....all at a 30% discount on the US dollar.

I am glad you brought that up as I totally forgot, we are going to the canada side of Niagra on the Saturday night. We are both fans of breweries. Is there any brewery with good food and a view of the falls or is that just too much to ask. I am game for any breweries with good food on the canada side.

Also, do I need to convert money or can I use my debit/credit card.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

I am glad you brought that up as I totally forgot, we are going to the canada side of Niagra on the Saturday night. We are both fans of breweries. Is there any brewery with good food and a view of the falls or is that just too much to ask. I am game for any breweries with good food on the canada side.

Don't forget your passports to get back into the country.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

Credit card is the way to go.
    Diner, brewery and a falls view = too much
    https://oasthousebrewers.com/ and https://exchangebrewery.com/ are the closest breweries with wineries on the way there and between them.

Bring a change of clothes and do this beforehand
    https://www.whirlpooljet.com/

#20 4 years ago

No Ace Frehley, no Peter Criss....no KISS.

I'm partial though, i used to play Ace in a KISS tribute band. My buddies all said the show was great too though. I've seen them probably 10 times and sat this one out. You will have a blast.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

-Niagra Falls
    -Pocketeers
    -Duffs
    -Food Truck Tuesday
    -Canalside

Remove Duff's and go to Barbill Tavern in East Aurora

#22 4 years ago

Look up Steve's pig and ox roast , not a far drive from pocketeer (5miles) and very near the Basilica worth a gander and open to view.
    It is an amazing church.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/CpTWtU4ZKPkrdbtx6

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Look up Steve's pig and ox roast , not a far drive from pocketeer (5miles) and very near the Basilica worth a gander and open to view.
    It is an amazing church.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/CpTWtU4ZKPkrdbtx6

Both of these places look awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

#24 4 years ago

Oh and I know a local dive bar in Orchard Park that has 10¢ wings on Wednesday and Saturday but you have to have two drinks. Lol 12 wings and drinks will run you $7.20 and they have an Elvis pin.
    Pappas bar and grill

And a neighboring pizza place Nino's has great pizza.

#25 4 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions, really looking forward to Buffalo!!
    Also, I was on Pocketeers Facebook page, apparently they have 4 games set on Free Play on Tuesday's
    Looks like Tuesday is a good day for beer, wings and pinball

#26 4 years ago

I'd argue barbill is super overrated. They're good, but not that good, and over priced, and the place is cramped. Do yourself a favor and go to Duffs. Pocketeer is great. Most games are a buck a play. Some are 2 bucks for 3 or 50c tho. Anything new will be a buck each. All the games are extremely well maintained, and the owners are friendly people. League night is this Thursday the 22nd. It'll be packed from about 630 - 9p. You can come "clean up" though all the value plays at the end of the night that people leave behind lol. I've never been to Steve's - but bring cash unless you want to pay to use the ATM.

I'm not a fan of Misuta Chows. Was there a few times. Games are not well maintained at all. TWD had a sticking right flipper, plunger spring on Maiden was shot, ball lock on Aerosmith was not working properly, and the tilt bob on Metallica couldn't have possibly been tighter. Plus the drinks are absurdly overpriced.

Breweries are popping up all over the place here. Best beer in my opinion - 42 north in East Aurora. Best atmosphere / patio - easily Hamburg Brewing.

#27 4 years ago

FYI. Landed tonight at Pocketeer

MVIMG_20190820_192605 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190820_192605 (resized).jpg
    #28 4 years ago

U can’t miss this.

194BFC9C-D466-41CB-851C-6343847144BC (resized).jpeg194BFC9C-D466-41CB-851C-6343847144BC (resized).jpeg
    #29 4 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

I'd argue barbill is super overrated. They're good, but not that good, and over priced, and the place is cramped.

There is a reason why they are cramped, it’s because they are the best wings and also Beef in the area, winning that award every year. You don’t like cramped? They have a takeout section in the back strictly for that reason. The Bar Bill is the best, hands down! Do people really complain about wings being overpriced?

#30 4 years ago

Go to the takeout behind the BarBill main building if you don’t like being cramped. WNY’s best wings and Beef for years. Do people really complain about wings being overpriced???

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

U can’t miss this.[quoted image]

WHAT. How did I not know this existed in buffalo. Where at?

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

I was going to recommend the Canadian side of the falls too, far better view... more people to wade through though. I can't help with food and drink opinions, but the Maid of the Mist on the US side or the Hornblower on the Canadian side is worth the money, amazing opportunity to get up close and personal with the power of mother nature.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

I was going to recommend the Canadian side of the falls too, far better view... more people to wade through though. I can't help with food and drink opinions, but the Maid of the Mist on the US side or the Hornblower on the Canadian side is worth the money, amazing opportunity to get up close and personal with the power of mother nature.

I think we are definitely going to do one of the boat rides to the falls. Can't miss that opportunity for sure.

#34 4 years ago

Recently visited Buffalo myself and the Barrel Factory and Misuta Chow's were awesome. Hip places with good food and drink options and well maintained games. Looks like the selection recently added to Resurgence Brewing is great as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heading-to-buffalo-for-a-kiss-concert-and-long-weekend?hl=canadianpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.