9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by advans13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Hello!

My wife and I are headed to Portland, OR this weekend to play some pinball and see the city. We are going to use the pinball map to find locations. it looks like there are a lot of places to play in town. We will be walking and taking a Lyft around the city. Any suggestions on great places to play that are relatively close together? Any great food places that are a must have when it Portland or sites that we need to see? It will be our first time in Portland!

#2 9 months ago

Next level pinball in hillsboro

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Next level pinball in hillsboro

+1

Next Level should be on your "must visit" list while in the Portland area. If you don't have a car or don't want to take Uber, there is a light rail station (Fair Complex/Hillsboro Airport MAX Station) near by that is within walking distance.

#4 9 months ago

My vote is next level as well. It is literally hours and hundreds of dollars away for me but still a trip I would make multiple times a year if I could. 2 times this year so far is not bad though...

#5 9 months ago

Next Level (100+ games) is a great choice but it is at least 20 minutes away from downtown. Pinball map will show you Ground Kontrol and Quarterworld have a ton of games (30+) and are more Lyft friendly to each other. If you want to walk around, maybe Belmont street or Alberta where there are smaller places with 3-5 pins. Best bet for good pins AND good food is either Wedgehead (20+) or C-Bar (15).

#6 9 months ago

Another vote for wedgehead.

#7 9 months ago

Thank You for the advice!

#8 9 months ago

Next level has basically everything and more of pinball than all the others mentioned. (However no beverages or food). Ground Kontrol rules all when it comes to video games (and serves alcohol) Honestly downtown PDX is a raging shithole at night so unless you're packing do that stop during the daytime. And if you like Thai food one of my favorite places is right down the street from next level. Thai princess. For screwing around the Hawthorne district is pretty fun. Bunch of dive bars, restaurants and shops.

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Next level has basically everything and more of pinball than all the others mentioned. (However no beverages or food). Ground Kontrol rules all when it comes to video games (and serves alcohol) Honestly downtown PDX is a raging shithole at night so unless you're packing do that stop during the daytime. And if you like Thai food one of my favorite places is right down the street from next level. Thai princess. For screwing around the Hawthorne district is pretty fun. Bunch of dive bars, restaurants and shops.

I agree downtown sucks. Ground Kontrol also does not have the best examples of pins. They run them into the ground and if the coin slot works its good to go.

Quarterworld is also a good place and they seem to give a shit about their machines and actively have techs working on games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 1,248.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball
    € 9.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 200.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 299.00
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside