(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#628 5 years ago

I don’t understand why people are so heated about this.

My post on Stern’s page was because a post was made that said “it all starts with a painting” at which time I posted a pic of the Tweeterhead figures saying it would make a good topper. Was I trolling Stern? Ummm...yeah. I do that from time to time. Franchi at the time said that he used the sculpts for his work. Fine.

I later compared the translite to the layout Tweeterhead had used for their toys in 2014 and was shocked at closely the composition was. I talked about how I didnt like the fact he had copied it and I related it to a personal experience I had, that’s what I do on my podcast.

Look, it wasn’t personal, but in saying that I certainly understand why it was taken that way. He had permission to use Tweeterhead’s work and used it, I didn’t know that nor did people I contacted to find out if they were aware of It. It’s a misunderstanding and something I’ll bring up on the next show.

I also don’t see how I affect his livelihood as a commercial artist if what he did is a known part of the process, still trying to sort that out.

Game looks fun.

#631 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

Taylor, above is exactly why this was heated. From his response on head2head and starting with post #615, the derisive response was a one way street again his response to the perceived frustration you were having of his craft. It should have never been debated about it’s merits or investigated to that level.
    You could have reached out to Chris to discuss your matter of contention with how he conducts his professional illustration process or work relationship with any of his clients when he uses any media as a reference.
    I have listened to your podcast since the beginning. I like your podcast. You and Tommy are interesting and intelligent people. I found your rant about this one issue was fine at inception and then took a turn in the wrongful direction. Even if that was not your intention.

Chris reached out to me the day after the episode dropped, called me a moron and to fuck off and accused me of having a vendetta against him because I unfriended him on Facebook. I responded that I would discuss his talking points on the next episode and left it at that. H2H chose to call him up at 4am, purportedly out of the blue, to stir the pot and here we are.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.