(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ra77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from Martymainframe:

Yes unfortunately it recorded the audio from my webcam not my headset mic. Only realised after we had finished recording, I was gutted when I started editing. Mistake never to be made again.

Marty, I thought you were unwell and recording from the dunny

Great show guys,
    Love your work

Top call on the QS Ryza, Played that one alot, super cool
    Nice one

3 months later
    #440 5 years ago

Another great podcast, Thanks Guys.

Tims GF Britney was classic !

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg
    #442 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's Britnay. Get it right!

Haha,

of course, my bad

Oops I did it again

1 week later
    #456 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Thanks for having me on, it was fun. Sorry to any Champion Pub fans, I was probably a bit harsh on that one.

All good Dennis

Thanks H2H for teeing up another champion of Pinball

I really appreciate relaxed, fun, incitive and open talk about pinball.

10/10

Really cool

Keep rockin' it guys

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Speaking of toys. Do you guys find it a little weird that the coolest interactive/mechanical features on a pinball machine are called “toys?”
    Sounds so odd if you think about it. Even odder when you use that lingo with a non-pinhead. There’s gotta be a better term!!

Good point.................................................

My vote is for Gimcrack ! WTF is that, lol

whimwham is fun

toy Synonyms
    toy
    n.

Something designed for amusement

game, plaything, pastime; see doll, game 1.

Toys include: dolls, games, teddy bears, stuffed animals, rattles, puppets, kites, balls, toy weapons, blocks, puzzles, jacks, yo-yos, tops, skipping ropes, model cars, trains, planes, etc., bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, ice skates, rollerblades, marbles, skateboards, hobby horses, Legos (trademark), jack-in-the-box, hula hoop, Frisbee (trademark).

Anything trivial

foolishness, trifle, frippery, plaything, trinket, gadget, trumpery, stuff, triviality, bauble, knicknack, gimcrack*, whimwham*, gewgaw*; see also trinket.

#468 5 years ago

Marty, I promise to get a haircut okay

#469 5 years ago

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/music/

Allrightythen, excuse me for being a little pissy again !

sacrilege

will follow up with Slayer later

2 months later
    #578 5 years ago

Aw poor Virgil

20181219_103739 (resized).jpg20181219_103739 (resized).jpg
    #581 5 years ago

Yeah the outcome is disappointing. Certainly exaggerated by poor PR.

I thought the game played quite well apart from the center ramp.and I did not like the flipper buttons'

Mostly I appreciated the build quality.
    All the hardware and electronics are sound and well designed .

With the new center ramp and some improved code the game could be really good.

Oh and I take offense to what you named the photo,, Knob jockey !

3 weeks later
    #612 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

That TWIPY dismissal was weird, gentlemen.
    “What they’re meant to do is celebrate pinball... but like everything in life, that’s not always what happens.”
    How did that not happen last year? That TWIPY show was a super entertaining celebration of pinball.... the SDTM guys rocked it and TWIP deserves hats off for pulling together a fantastic idea.
    I don’t get the dismissive stance. Kind of awkward for category winners that actually win and take some pride in it. As far as I can tell, last year’s awards were spot on across the board. It was nice to see the community have a chance to recognize and thank those that bring top-notch entertainment to the space.

Have to agree here,

I and many others appreciate what H2H brings to the table ( pinball scene).
    You guys are great and always genuine.

It was a shot to the heart of myself and maybe some other fans when there was mention of no care for award.

Your efforts are very much appreciated and its is great you guys are modest and have integrity.

But yeah, let your fans know that their ongoing appreciation is worthy of your recognition of any award you guys might receive.

I certainly greatly appreciate the time and effort you guys put into making a cool pinball podcast.

Thank you for the fun and for arranging great interviews with the Stars of pinball !

Keep up the good work !

Cheers,
    Ando

1 week later
    #658 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

You can always go through their back catalogue.
    I recommend episode 8 when Homepin was introduced to an international audience and see how much the narrative at the time meets the reality of 2019.

I did not even need to revisit to realise you win
    Troll of the year award ass clown

8 months later
    #828 4 years ago

Thanks for another great podcast Marty and Ryza, it made my 2 1/2 hour drive this morning bearable... Appreciate the news and the banter, nice to have a breather from the tourney stuff , was fun to hear Petey take the piss out of Ryza, lol

Edit, Another Classic Episode poster Need to get that one blown up and framed for Ryza's game room, Haha
    The way you tie the elements of each podcast to its poster is heaps of fun.

Quoted from screaminr:

Will try to get to moon dog over the weekend , eager to try JP , but could be tricky with Bathurst on.

Wow, Place looks sensational !

https://moondogbrewing.com.au/world/

The Great Race on a big screen there and some pinball would be an awesome mix ! Wish I was closer.

Looking forward to someone posting some pics of the lineup.

3 months later
    #854 4 years ago

H2H too modest to post here.

Guys, your podcast was awesome ! The good humour, incredible efforts and stellar enthusiasm for pinball was always appreciated.

Enjoy the time out and hope you can come back occasionally for a special return every now and then.

Best wishes in 2020 and beyond to Martin, Ryan and Joe.

Gonna miss you guys,

Announcement – Head2Head Pinball comes to an end

by Head2Head Pinball

Head2Head won’t be returning after 2 and a half amazing years of providing pinball podcast content.

It’s been an awesome journey and we never thought that a podcast originally produced for the Australian scene would grow to be the world wide phenomena it became. We got to speak to the biggest names in pinball, saw some of the best new pinball releases in pinball history, covered tournaments from around the world and generally just had a laugh.

None of it would have been possible without the support of a highly supportive and loyal
    following and understand Monday nights / Tuesday mornings won’t be the same
    without the show but it’s time to rest it as Martin and Joe move onto other
    things.

Other things you say? Well nothing confirmed but I doubt this will be the last you hear from Martin, Joe and Ryan!!! (You can always catch Martin twice a week streaming at twitch.tv/melbournesilverball)

It’s one
    thing to make a pinball show but the best part of it is meeting so many people
    we can now call friends. Thanks again to everyone for all your support and hope
    to see you at a pinball event soon.

Martin, Joe
    and Ryan C

Joe: “Head2Head was always my podcast long before I was ever part of it myself. It was the first pinball podcast I ever listened and the fact it is going away is going to leave a void in my pinball life. Being asked to join the show by Martin was one of the best things to happen to me in pinball and my weekly talks with him were always a highlight. Thank you Martin for all the work you did to bring this podcast to life and I completely understand why it was time to let it go. You will always be one of my best pinball friends and I look forward to seeing you soon! ❤”

Ryan: "I never knew doing a pinball podcast would open so many doors. The most surprising was the door to Jeff Teolis's bedroom. I've made great friends with listeners and shared many laughs along the way.
    I did the podcast to make Marty laugh and have a good time. Everything else was a pleasant surprise and a bonus. Thank you all for listening (even Pinside Petey)”

Martin: “Wow! End of an era. What a ride it’s been. Thanks to all the guests and hosts that joined over the years, you helped make something really special. Huge thanks to Ryan C for pushing us to be bigger and better and arranging some of the most epic interviews in podcast history. And to Joe, thanks you so much for coming on board when I didn’t know what to do after Ryan left, you’ve been amazing and can’t wait to see what you do next!! Thanks mostly to all the people that have listened, have reached out and have come said hi at events. Big difference from when I first went to my first pinball event in the US (INDISC in 2016) when no one knew me to only a couple of years later announcing an award at the TWIPYs.

There are so many amazing pinball podcasts out there and the amount of work put into these shows is incredible and I want to show my appreciation to everything the creators do. I know the effort required and now look forward to spending more time as a listener.”
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).pngH2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ra77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast?tu=ra77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.