(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 5 years ago

Oh my! The hype!

But will It really be The Beatles? That would be disappointing right? Are we really waiting for that all our lives? And would that specific license be that expensive?!

He was also really specific pointing out that Munsters will have their anniversary in January and the new game will be shown in January. Might that be a coincidence?

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Wow. Angry response! I’m shocked.
    Here’s the thing. It ISN’T a painted SMhe
    The Supreme pin is in a regular Pro cab. It has a coin door and service rails. A regular DMD, and a unique sound package.
    I’m not a Supreme nut. I have one of their Public Ememy T-Shirts. That’s the extent of my engagement with the brand. My son loves the brand and collects the skate decks. We pay retail for them. They cost about what other decks cost. Within 10 bucks anyway.
    If I’d paid 13K for a Monster Bash, nobody would bat an eye. I beat MB the FIRST time I played it. I don’t want one.
    I paid 11K for Supreme. I love it. It’s a great early 80s layout with a cool sound package, and interesting rules. It kicks my ass, and it’s really fun.
    I bought it cause I wanted to play it. I knew my son would be in to it Etc Etc.
    For the 100th time... this is supposed to be fun. I’m having LOTS of fun.
    It sits on the same wall as my 1976 Fast Draw. Across from my TNA and my BSD. I buy the pins I want to play. I sell the ones I’m not enjoying. I’m not selling Supreme. I think it’s a great machine.

First of all I think you’re right and others gave you too much of a hard time for it.

But I am curious on how you acquired it for retail price since this was sold out in seconds and other people were paying other people for a spot in line. Just wondering how “real” Supreme fans (like your son) buy these items without massively overpaying for them?

1 week later
    #324 5 years ago

Who’s that ‘Pinside Petey’ guy everybody is mentioning lately? ...

#326 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

We had an episode when iron maiden was number 1 in pinside. I had a whinge saying that the pinside crew would down vote the game. Pinside petey was born and he messaged into the show with an audio clip.
    Every once in a while he calls in to make fun of us.
    He has started to appear on other podcasts and also make fun of everyone on Facebook too

I did hear those phone calls! But I though it was an imitation of a real person... Haha.

Great show guys! Always great forward to the next episode!

The Japanese toilet situation was hilarious!

2 weeks later
    #352 5 years ago

I’m looking forward to a future episode with Kaneda as a background laugh track!

Hilarious. I was on your side by the way on the bobblehead bet.

#356 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

In his dreams he would ever be allowed back on the show
    Would just be one constant beep

So the bet about the Deadpool bobblehead wasn’t real?

5 months later
    #596 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Please vote for whoever you want as the award means nothing to me. The Twipys are an internet popularity contest that has no bearing on quality and happiness of the hobby to me.

I really can’t understand why you would say something like this...
    Of course you don’t make the podcasts purely for receiving a plastic piece of a trophy. But that trophy represents the acknowledgment of your listereners for all the hard work you put into this.
    You had my vote because I imagined this would be a great achievement and recognition for all the hard work you guys put into this last year, but I made the effort to change my vote.

I think other podcasters would be proud to receive a TWIPY award so I went and changed my vote. I was already a bit on the fence voting for either you guys or the guys over at Special when Lit and now I hope they will win and also appreciate receiving the award.

#599 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

But now you have put a condition on it

I think that's normal. When you have several favorites of something (bands, artists, movies, TV-shows, ...) and HAVE to pick just one as the very best, you have to put criteria into the mix. Otherwise you can never pick just one. And yes; if I know that my #1 doesn't appreciate the award at all, I'd might rather give it to my #2.

Quoted from FalconPunch:

I appreciate anyone who listens. I can see the numbers, I get the emails.

Fair point, I wasn't really aware of this. Do all podcasts apps get the content from the same source file?
    Also I do understand your point now that an awards can be popularity over quality. But I still wouldn't mind receiving an award as a compliment if I were you.

Quoted from FalconPunch:

I am only speaking for myself. Martin is gagging for any awards he can stick on his massive trophy shelf.

Well then I hope that if you win a TWIPY you won't throw it away in the trash and let Martin put it up on his shelf then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast?tu=koos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.