(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago

What's with the gratuitous and awful chick pic? We don't need or want that.

9 months later
    #265 5 years ago

It would be cool to get the next announcement soon so we could hope for something at Pinball Expo. If it doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks, I doubt timing will work out well for that.

1 week later
    #275 5 years ago

I really, really hate this "we're not going to make enough for everybody" tactic. I feel like Stern has been building up good will lately, but this is a total dick move. Artificial scarcity is something we could probably do without in pinball.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

but if someone values that fake scarcity and pays, then it's worth pursing. A company would be foolish not to... it's not an operator's market anymore. They have to get creative and buyers have shown time and time again they're willing to pay. Like it or not, this is the market that buyers have supported.

I prefer that companies don't be dicks to their customers, but that's JUST ME, apparently. KaPow sucks. Get them out of here. The moment Joe K. returned to pinball many people saw some sort of shenanigans coming. I think it took all of 30 seconds for some industry vets to weigh in with some sideways comments about the guy. Artificial scarcity is a total jerking around of customers. Joe made it very clear in the interview that the game's scarcity will be intentional, and he's actually happy and proud about that. What a guy!

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Didn’t you buy a GBLE????

There's a difference between the different trim levels on a game and just making the game overall scarce on purpose. You can buy an LE, but it doesn't give you anything more than the premium other than art and finish. With the Beatles, they're just going to make fewer of everything, just to cause a constraint. The LE over a pro or premium stuff is opt in by choice, because you can always buy the premium on the open-ended run, but limiting the run to create a collectible aspect to it is toying with consumers. They're essentially forcing you to buy it right away or miss out.

And why do they care about an inflated secondary market? It's purely an ego thing so Joe can thump his chest and say, "well MY game goes for $2,000 more than MSRP a year later. Isn't that neat?"

The SLE was pretty dumb with Batman, but the LE and Premium were there, so it was still an opt in luxury choice. Doesn't seem like there's any option for the common collector here. I would hope they would reverse that an offer a premium model that has reasonable access to it.

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Spooky made AMH scarce on purpose... it drove sales. same with RZ and now Alice. I don’t see anyone bitching about them.

Their production numbers are totally dependent on what they can make and deliver within the time period they're aiming for. They don't want people waiting beyond a certain amount of time to get their games. TNA is their only open ended run game, but I have to imagine they'll start putting holds on taking orders when the queue gets longer than they're comfortable with.

Quoted from 27dnast:

And when it comes to Stern LE’s... there are many instances where it sells out before even being seen. Why? Because it’s limited by numbers. People want the “special one” even if it’s really not that special.

We, the consumer, have allowed the market to develop like this. Every time there’s a mad dash for LEs, SLEs, and games that are otherwise limited or unique, it only has the marketing folks searching for dollars in more aggressive ways....and I can guarantee that Stern’s limited game release (this year) will sell out. It’s going to happen, I’m sure every distributer has waiting lists right now.

This is all still different than LE/SLE stuff. Joe's comments make it clear that they're artificially constraining the availability of the game as a whole. That's lame. The SLE on B66 was sort of dumb, but it didn't put anybody out. This inevitably will.

1 week later
    #330 5 years ago

Starting a Facebook group to follow Martin's progress through Pinburgh. We'll post updates for every game and try to have a man on the ground to report on a per-ball basis.

We're watching, Marty. We're always watching.

#332 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

No pressure ...
    rd

Nope, just casual observation. No pressure!

1 week later
    #338 5 years ago

Did anybody take Martin?

#343 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Lol nope. I think only a couple of people didn't have Keith, he was the most popular by far.
    I might link it up as a google doc for fun

Dude is crushing it though. Martin is doing amazingly well. I mean, wait, we all expected this.

#345 5 years ago

This won't go to his head, will it? Is it going to be a thing now where he introduces himself as "Martin, Pinburgh A Division Player" now? I mean, I would, be he shouldn't.

#347 5 years ago

Thanks for doing this. I know all too well how much work tallying open voting actually is. I actually did have Jim Belsito and overthought things and switched him out at the last moment.

1 month later
    #451 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Do we want NDA Ned to come back?
    He told me he has some more secrets that he may or may not tell me. Depending on how much I beg.

I think he should come back, but I'm not going to beg. I have dignity over here.

7 months later
    #720 5 years ago

Enjoyed that one with the LoserKid guys. Guys scooped announcing my Wonka LE purchase on your show before I could even mention it on my own. Haha.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.