(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#471 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Gotta say, martymainframe, was refreshing to hear your honest take on Iron Maiden. For me, that’s the biggest drawback on that game. I couldn’t have that in my home. Would drive me to crazy town

Perhaps the problem is that you're not embracing the music enough. Instead of avoiding the music, crank it up a notch!

Try Adjustments->Game->Music Attenuation = -25
    This rocks and gets rid of the annoying tendency at stock levels for the callouts to dampen the music.

If that doesn't work for you after a solid try then Music Attenuation = 60 will remove the music from the equation whilst keeping the callouts and sound effects.

It's got be loud too, like volume: 40 with an external sub loud.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Appreciate the sentiments, but you're obviously are missing the point. My ears say the band sucks. I literally want them out of ears.

You don't listen to Maiden through your "ears", you feel them in your bones. It's meant to be loud. You know the old saying "If you can't play good, as least play loud" right?

2 months later
    #573 5 years ago

Great episode!

Excellent interview, it was really interesting to "get inside" Lyman's head regarding how he approaches the monumental task of coding brilliant games. He has certainly had an incredibly positive impact on pinball over the years.

I also really enjoyed hearing from Chantel(?) too - hilarious! Claims not to be a pinhead but is far more familiar with the big names and even games than many collectors. She certainly keeps you grounded, doesn't she? lol. Ryan you two are a force of nature, I see where your daughter gets her character from.

Thanks again, I enjoyed every minute of that one.

4 weeks later
    #592 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

G'day mates! Just listened to the latest episode. Marty's 2018 show recap, while impressive, smacked of obvious TWIPY campaigning as pointed out by noneless than Ryan C. himself.
    Head2Head does a great job, and as such, is one of my go to pinball podcasts. However, until you guys get off your high horse and acknowledge Kaneda's podcast (as well as any of numerous compliments sent to you via Pinside.), my TWIPY vote will continue to go to Chris for podcast of the year. Thanks!

Poor Special K neeeeeeds the validation. If Kaneda does a podcast 3 times a week and no other podcasts mention him, is it real?

“So the drama!”

1 week later
    #606 5 years ago

That was a top-notch interview guys, maybe one of your best.

Thanks for asking the questions on everyone's mind and thanks to Dwight for his candid answers and overall enthusiasm for his craft.

1 week later
    #633 5 years ago

Well if one definition of "art" is a creative work intended to evoke an emotional response, I'd say this one succeeded!

I can see where Franchi might take exception if he feels like he's being accussed of plagerizing work (which apparently is not the case at all). But in the end I actually wish there was more of a credible "art criticism" discussion opportunity in pinball. I really enjoy the educated opinions of various guys but anytime you try to have a pure art discussion it immeditaly breaks down into name calling and "that art sucks", etc.

Would be nice if Pinside would allow moderated forums as an option so meaningful discussion could take place with reasonable ground rules to prevent every thread from becoming a wasteland of insult and hate...

Maybe there's an art forum somewhere that this type of discussion could take place without attracting the riff-raff?

#646 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Like this? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts/page/2#post-4725948
    At the end of the day, you're getting the attention you want, but you can't always turn around and deflect as if you're totally middle ground. As for Franchi... you guys should have helped the guy out and told him it wasn't a great idea to air that bit. That's not censorship, it's actually more like friendship. Would have certainly been doing him a professional favor.

I would have to agree with this sentiment. If you really called him out of bed at 4am without any prior notice and let him rant off the top of his newly awakened head you should have at least given him a 2nd chance a day later and offered to edit it out. This came off as setting him up in a way and this kind of thing really belongs on a "different" podcast, if you get my drift.

1 month later
    #707 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Pretty sure I explained it was because Martin gave me full blown AIDS.

Come back to us Ryan C.! You're the milk on my cereal, the jam on my toast, the the dbl-playfield multiplier on my Sparky multiball...

...without you Martin comes off as a bit of old cranky dude.

1 month later
    #754 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Holy shit that made me spit out my breakfast balt

Yeah I've had mine for 3 years and the last 2 i haven't played more than a 100 or so games on it.
    I know it is amazing but its hard to beat TWD for me. Maybe 10 years from now the answer will be different.
    Also I feel bad for AC/DC as I didn't make a point about how bloody cool the Song Jackpot is and that it makes up for a lot of the shortcomings we talked about. Also AC/DC multiplier shot and rule i think is the best multiplier rule in pinball. Simple to understand. Risky shot. Doesn't last too long....
    I've found a website that does bracket style votes, instead of a facebook vote for the final 2 we might open up an entire 32 game bracket and each round has 24 hours of voting.

That type of system is how the pinside top 100 should be done as well.

Also, f*ck Facebook.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.