(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shastings.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

I "imagine" they don't post on Pinside because they don't need the angst from the same 20 idiots that are intent on derailing every positive thread here.
    If "they" actually bothered to ship games with finished code there would be no need to update anything - get it yet?

I don't see anyone particularly trying to derail things (apart from Pinsanity who obviously wants to troll you and who you likely have on ignore anyway). It's more legitimate (imo) concerns about the ability to update code, with feedback given in a relatively respectful way. It's your first table - as you admit yourself in the interview, not everything will be perfect. If I were a betting man I would bet a lot of money your future titles will have easier software updates. My main gripe is with location machines where the code hasn't been updated by lazy operators. If they aren't even going to update with a simple USB stick, there's no way they're going to go to the trouble of sending the board off and putting their machine out of action. I get that you say the code will be 90%+ complete, but bugs/scoring exploits will inevitably appear, making it less attractive to players.
    The funny thing is, Australians are also known for their thick skins. Yours seems to be as thin as paper!
    Anyway, it was a really good interview, with good questions and no fluffy answers. Good luck.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shastings.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast?tu=Shastings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.