(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monte.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#618 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Can someone send me CF’s address so I can mail him a box of tissues? The guy is constantly bitching and crying about one critique or another. It’s a total downer listening to his interviews... geesh.
    How about privately reaching out to Taylor and explain your process to him. He’s a solid guy. If he doesn’t understand, help him understand.

Franchi doesn’t have to explain shit. If Taylor has his degree in art, he knows exactly how it’s done. What he can’t rap his stunad mind issue around is from too much stage diving and listening to the DC scene.

commercial art vs art.

#623 5 years ago

Unbelievable, let’s make opinions based on one view without hearing the other view. No it’s not chocolate vs vanilla. This is a persons livelihood.

Taylor was lambasting on about how Franchi uses other art to create his art and it’s not a Dirty Donnie or a Yeti style of creativity. Franchi was explaining why he does this to support his style of art. How the fuck is that wrong? There is nothing wrong about it. Franchi should not have to explain, justify or reason why he chose his style. If Taylor doesn’t like it, end of story. He doesn’t need to explain, tear down or justify anything to the listener. Even Tommy was to a point, whatever, let’s move on.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Save your time. It's not worth listening to... at what point it was deemed worthy of broadcasting out to the world? I don't understand why it was considered a good idea to post.
    But, yes, it's Taylor Reese, who has a great reputation. Frankly, his opinion is spot-on.

You are perpetuating your one way narrative. It’s pine Taylor and resent Franchi. Now, you’re insinuating Chris has no reputation? I sense jealousy or a disgruntled artist. Which is it?

#627 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Ehh... Taylor doesn’t control franchise livelihood so no, it’s not that. It was personal opinion on published work

No, he doesn’t. Yes, it was personal by both Taylor and Chris. Published work for the exchange of money = livelihood

Quoted from flynnibus:

It would take another listen... but I’m pretty sure he didn’t discredit his creativity... he talked about the style and how they felt about it... it was about preference, not judging ability.

Really? He was on and on about referencing and copied other art. He posted on Sterns Facebook page with a sideways sling. He was obviously vexed about his personal work being copied and was annoyed / irritated by the fact that ideas are borrowed and no credit is given. Even at the end of his tirade he was about to say “ripped off”. Retracted then goes on again with commentary about appropriation or how other pinball artist draw and don’t rely on photoshop for reference. I can’t fathom why Chris would have not felt it was a personal attack.

Quoted from flynnibus:

And When did someone require him to respond to the comments? You,re acting like someone making comments is dragging them in the streets requiring some retort? It was fucking simple commentary - not some roast.

This is really fucking simple to understand,He felt that his work was mishandled via Taylor’s commentary. You’re insinuating someone making a judgement to defend themselves on the H2H podcast is misguided. It’s not.

#629 5 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Look, it wasn’t personal, but in saying that I certainly understand why it was taken that way. He had permission to use Tweeterhead’s work and used it, I didn’t know that nor did people I contacted to find out if they were aware of It

Taylor, above is exactly why this was heated. From his response on head2head and starting with post #615, the derisive response was a one way street again his response to the perceived frustration you were having of his craft. It should have never been debated about it’s merits or investigated to that level.

You could have reached out to Chris to discuss your matter of contention with how he conducts his professional illustration process or work relationship with any of his clients when he uses any media as a reference.

I have listened to your podcast since the beginning. I like your podcast. You and Tommy are interesting and intelligent people. I found your rant about this one issue was fine at inception and then took a turn in the wrongful direction. Even if that was not your intention.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monte.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast?tu=Monte and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.