(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png
    There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
    #301 5 years ago

I think there is some anger and resentment built up when people say things like “Forced to buy”, or “Missing Out”...

NOBODY is forced to buy anything.

I bought the BM66SLE

I bought Supreme

Nobody forced me

I didn’t buy GOT, KISS, WWE, SW, Aero etc etc. I bought the pins I wanted to own. I paid what I felt comfortable paying for them. Nobody forced me to do it.

I’m not a sucker. I’m not an idiot.

If I want a Beatles pin, I will buy it. I will only buy it if it seems like a pin I’ll want to play a lot.

Value propositions are arbitrary.

#302 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If I want a Beatles pin, I will buy it. I will only buy it if it seems like a pin I’ll want to play a lot.

What if they are all sold out buy the time you figure out you will want to play it a lot? Send $$$ now = )

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think there is some anger and resentment built up when people say things like “Forced to buy”, or “Missing Out”..

For some people, sure. For me, it’s more like disappointment that that’s how the hobby is going.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Value propositions are arbitrary

Of course they are. If the value is there for you, that’s your decision.

I was offered a BM66SLE. By the time the NZ distributor took his massive slice, it was $25,000 NZD. The value wasn’t there for me. So I got a premium for $10,000 NZD.

At the end of the day, I’m a tightass.

rd

#304 5 years ago

I’d like a Beatles pin too. Sounds like it’s Joe K. Last pinball project

I agree with Maple in that value props are most def arbitrary

I buy what I like. No other reason. Mainly on theme

That’s why an AlienLE is coming my way.

I’m not a sucker either for sure, but the jury is still out on whether or not I’m an idiot!

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think there is some anger and resentment built up when people say things like “Forced to buy”, or “Missing Out”...
    NOBODY is forced to buy anything.
    I bought the BM66SLE
    I bought Supreme
    Nobody forced me
    I didn’t buy GOT, KISS, WWE, SW, Aero etc etc. I bought the pins I wanted to own. I paid what I felt comfortable paying for them. Nobody forced me to do it.
    Value propositions are arbitrary.

you can't say you bought a supreme and your not a sucker in the same post........ That my friend, is an oxymoron.

unless you got that pin for less then 2k, your both a sucker and idiot. you might as well got the Spiderman HE........ if I'm wrong prove it.

#306 5 years ago

#307 5 years ago

right..... so buying a supreme, just to play it......... Makes him smart????? for that price you can get 2 "real/full" pins. no one ever said Spiderman HE was a good pin, they said it was surprisingly good for an HE. The Supreme pin is not for pinballers, its for Rich Suckers/Idiots who think they can advance there position in life with BRANDS. or they try to justify there self imposed level of importance in life with over paying for simple objects like handbags, watches, sun glasses, rebranded HE pins, ect. lets be honest, most people who got a Supreme have never played pinball.

#308 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

The Supreme pin is not for pinballers, its for Rich Suckers/Idiots who think they can advance there position in life with BRANDS. or they try to justify there self imposed level of importance in life with over paying for simple objects like handbags, watches, sun glasses, rebranded HE pins, ect.

I believe Supreme functions like any other Stern pinball machine.
    He chose a brand he identifies with to play vs the others Stern offers.
    For that right he paid a premium.

Why is that wrong again?

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

For that right he paid a large premium.
    Why is that wrong again?

I never said being a sucker/idiot was wrong. and supreme is NOT A theme, its a word, with a red border. how fun can that world under glass be???? how can anyone with a sane mind, look at one word with a red border and relate to it? how can anyone identify with a "theme" that is only a single word, and nothing more? are the game modes fun? is there a "wait in line for a 400$ Tshirt to resell it to a sucker multiball?" or a "my shit cost more then your shit wizard mode?" are the call outs good???? are you impressed with the simple art???? Is it a better pin then the spiderman HE???? no... its not. so other then bragging rights or ego boost, why would any "real" pinhead pay that price? just because you spent more money then me, doesn't make you supreme. sorry to burst your bubble. the guys at H2H got it right, buy a spiderman HE, paint it white and slap a sticker on it, and sell it to some dumbass American who will take more selfie's with it then actually play it. that table isn't for playing, its for instagram use only.....

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

For that right he paid a large premium.
    Why is that wrong again?

ummmmmm no. supreme functions like half a stern pin, due to the fact its not a real pin. its a HOME EDITION. that means its a toy. its just a small step up from a zizzel. "I like that home edition more then that actually pinball machine" said by - No One Ever!

#311 5 years ago

I will wait to see what the price is before I decide how much of a cash grab it is. Limited offers some value as it can help a game hold it's price.

However, if a game doesn't have enough inherent value based on how it compares to other machines in the market place, I'm not buying. No Supremes for me.

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

I will wait to see what the price is before I deciding how much of a cash grab it is. Limited offers some value as it can help a game hold it's price.
    However, if a game doesn't have enough inherent value based on how it compares to other machines in the market place, I'm not buying. No Supremes for me.

Supreme as a brand is nothing but a cash grab.

#313 5 years ago

Wow. Angry response! I’m shocked.

Here’s the thing. It ISN’T a painted SMhe

The Supreme pin is in a regular Pro cab. It has a coin door and service rails. A regular DMD, and a unique sound package.

I’m not a Supreme nut. I have one of their Public Ememy T-Shirts. That’s the extent of my engagement with the brand. My son loves the brand and collects the skate decks. We pay retail for them. They cost about what other decks cost. Within 10 bucks anyway.

If I’d paid 13K for a Monster Bash, nobody would bat an eye. I beat MB the FIRST time I played it. I don’t want one.

I paid 11K for Supreme. I love it. It’s a great early 80s layout with a cool sound package, and interesting rules. It kicks my ass, and it’s really fun.

I bought it cause I wanted to play it. I knew my son would be in to it Etc Etc.

For the 100th time... this is supposed to be fun. I’m having LOTS of fun.

It sits on the same wall as my 1976 Fast Draw. Across from my TNA and my BSD. I buy the pins I want to play. I sell the ones I’m not enjoying. I’m not selling Supreme. I think it’s a great machine.

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Wow. Angry response! I’m shocked.
    Here’s the thing. It ISN’T a painted SMhe
    The Supreme pin is in a regular Pro cab. It has a coin door and service rails. A regular DMD, and a unique sound package.
    I’m not a Supreme nut. I have one of their Public Ememy T-Shirts. That’s the extent of my engagement with the brand. My son loves the brand and collects the skate decks. We pay retail for them. They cost about what other decks cost. Within 10 bucks anyway.
    If I’d paid 13K for a Monster Bash, nobody would bat an eye. I beat MB the FIRST time I played it. I don’t want one.
    I paid 11K for Supreme. I love it. It’s a great early 80s layout with a cool sound package, and interesting rules. It kicks my ass, and it’s really fun.
    I bought it cause I wanted to play it. I knew my son would be in to it Etc Etc.
    For the 100th time... this is supposed to be fun. I’m having LOTS of fun.
    It sits on the same wall as my 1976 Fast Draw. Across from my TNA and my BSD. I buy the pins I want to play. I sell the ones I’m not enjoying. I’m not selling Supreme. I think it’s a great machine.

First of all I think you’re right and others gave you too much of a hard time for it.

But I am curious on how you acquired it for retail price since this was sold out in seconds and other people were paying other people for a spot in line. Just wondering how “real” Supreme fans (like your son) buy these items without massively overpaying for them?

#315 5 years ago

You can imagine if they charged $4k for Family Guy, and $11k for Shrek, it would be hard not to argue that Shrek was overpriced.

#316 5 years ago

Now imagine that you don’t want Family guy, but you DO want Shrek.

Family guy is in a home cab with no coin door.

Shrek is in a Pro Cab with Coin door and Service Rails... and there are perhaps 80-100 (?!) of them.

I was merely trying to point out that there are other possibilities. Beyond the “Sucker” or “Idiot” explaination. I can guarantee you I’m neither!

I’ve been collecting pins since ‘98. I’ve bought and sold many. I have a great reputation locally, and in the broader community.

If I ever decide to sell this pin, I’m pretty sure I’ll do ok... so, why am I a sucker?! Why am I an idiot?! Because I could have bought something I DIDN’T want for less money?!

#317 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If I ever decide to sell this pin, I’m pretty sure I’ll do ok... so, why am I a sucker?! Why am I an idiot?!

Since you can probably turn around and sell your Supreme for over $20k, you could argue that anyone who had the opportunity to buy one at $11k and didn't was an idiot.

Then again, if the current market price is $40k, you could argue that anyone who has the opportunity to buy one at $20k and doesn't is an idiot. Such is the collector market.

From what I gather, you are a little unusual if you're buying the Supreme because of the fun value and not for speculation or status.

Plenty of other people who base their pinball purchases on fun, not how much is packed into a game. If you really like and want a game you have to pay the price of entry. Bonus if you're not going to lose much on resale.

I like to see where my money is being spent in the form of stuff in a game so there are lots of games I won't buy even if they're fun, hence my comment "no Supremes for me." I wouldn't have bought one at $11k even knowing I could turn around and sell it for a hefty profit, so I'm probably an idiot.

#318 5 years ago

Jimmy and Lambo from Brisbane (in Q L D Josh) join us to talk about Australia's biggest tournament. I'm joined this week with exclusive co-host Stacey and boy do we make a lot of stuff up!! Enjoy.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/07/10/episode-51-brisbane-masters-jimmy-lambo-plus-major-rumor/

H2H Ringer Stacey
    Stacey’s background and favourite machines
    Cohost auditions
    Jimmy and Lambo talk Brisbane Masters tournament
    Growth of pinball in QLD
    Machine list
    Code Code Code!!!!
    Steve Bowden is rooting for Pinburgh
    Will Marty get his Stern book?
    Flipout Pinball event in Melbourne
    Pinball Streaming
    OMG video game streaming!!!
    Slam the Top 100 – the big guns!
    Pinball Wars
    TNA / Star Trek Streams
    T-shirt competition

ep51 (resized).jpgep51 (resized).jpg
    #319 5 years ago

Spot the difference competition!!! Send us an email [email protected] with the differences you see in the 2nd picture. You can list them or circle them with a fancy pants image editing program. 3 winners will receive H2H t-shirts which will be randomly drawn on episode 52 next week if there are more than 3 people that get them right!

Good luck.

comppic (resized).jpgcomppic (resized).jpg
    #320 5 years ago
    Quoted from Martymainframe:

Spot the difference competition!!! Send us an email [email protected] with the differences you see in the 2nd picture. You can list them or circle them with a fancy pants image editing program. 3 winners will receive H2H t-shirts which will be randomly drawn on episode 52 next week if there are more than 3 people that get them right!
    Good luck.

Love the chandelier.

#321 5 years ago

****Episode 52****

Colin MacAlpine joins us to talk about how to win Pinburgh!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/07/16/episode-52-how-to-win-pinburgh-with-colin-macalpine

Pinball in Texas
    Steve Bowden Marathon 
    Winning Pinburgh 2017
    Pinburgh tips
    The Spreadsheet
    Game strategies
    Bounty Hunter
    Plunging technics
    ANALCRAP
    Special when lit Podcast
    Beatles pinball
    Silver Ball Planet Osaka
    Deadpool release?
    Slapping Dutch in the face
    Slam the top 100
    LOTR stream
    Japan
    Tshirt comp
    Mailbag

#322 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone for entering the competition. The winners were Anthony W, Dejan and Colin MacAlpine whom was on the episode. I promise it wasn't rigged.

#323 5 years ago

“Hot poo”

Gold

rd

#324 5 years ago

Who’s that ‘Pinside Petey’ guy everybody is mentioning lately? ...

#325 5 years ago
    Quoted from Koos:

Who’s that ‘Pinside Petey’ guy everybody is mentioning lately? ...

We had an episode when iron maiden was number 1 in pinside. I had a whinge saying that the pinside crew would down vote the game. Pinside petey was born and he messaged into the show with an audio clip.
    Every once in a while he calls in to make fun of us.

He has started to appear on other podcasts and also make fun of everyone on Facebook too

#326 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

We had an episode when iron maiden was number 1 in pinside. I had a whinge saying that the pinside crew would down vote the game. Pinside petey was born and he messaged into the show with an audio clip.
    Every once in a while he calls in to make fun of us.
    He has started to appear on other podcasts and also make fun of everyone on Facebook too

I did hear those phone calls! But I though it was an imitation of a real person... Haha.

Great show guys! Always great forward to the next episode!

The Japanese toilet situation was hilarious!

#327 5 years ago

I think it's time you guys consider a daily show... two hours...perhaps around 9AM Eastern Standard Time?

Fans demand more!

#328 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I think it's time you guys consider a daily show... two hours...perhaps around 9AM Eastern Standard Time?
    Fans demand more!

images (28) (resized).jpegimages (28) (resized).jpeg
    #329 5 years ago

2A4A6ADD-B386-4B38-A2C4-C440E1F5DA54 (resized).jpeg2A4A6ADD-B386-4B38-A2C4-C440E1F5DA54 (resized).jpeg

#330 5 years ago

Starting a Facebook group to follow Martin's progress through Pinburgh. We'll post updates for every game and try to have a man on the ground to report on a per-ball basis.

We're watching, Marty. We're always watching.

#331 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Starting a Facebook group to follow Martin's progress through Pinburgh. We'll post updates for every game and try to have a man on the ground to report on a per-ball basis.

No pressure ...

rd

#332 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

No pressure ...
    rd

Nope, just casual observation. No pressure!

#333 5 years ago

LOL!!!! Maybe that's actually what I wanted.

#334 5 years ago

****Episode 53****

Ben Heck joins us (well me) to talk honestly about pinball, movies, money-grubbing, and future pinball machines.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/07/23/episode-53-ben-heck-is-a-heartless-money-grubbing-bastard

Ben's origins
    AMH / RZ / ACNC
    Mafia Pinball hardware
    Nostalgia
    Future titles
    Good cop bad cop
    Brisbane Masters results
    Iron Maiden unboxing
    There and back again v2
    Slam the top 100
    Win free pinstadium lights
    IMDN stream / Bug?
    Mailbag

#335 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

If the stalker thing doesn't work out, his live player page will be a good bit of info to drool over, including a pretty graph of going down in flames (or possibly not)

#336 5 years ago

So yes. We are giving away a set of brand new pinstadium lights. Huge giveaway and very easy entry.

Email us @ [email protected]

Let us know 4 name you think will be in thr Pinburgh final 4.
    Order doesnt matter.

If your guesses happen to make it in you get
    4 points if they come 1st
    3 points for 2nd
    2 for 3rd
    1 for 4th

Highest total wins. If there is a draw we will generate a number.
    Pinstadium will ship them anywhere in the world!

If you need some inspiration.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/overall.php

#337 5 years ago

Pinburgh starts in 45 minutes any entries after this time are not valid

Lots of entries. This will be fun. This is just a last-minute bump

#338 5 years ago

Did anybody take Martin?

#339 5 years ago

Man you can never lose with a Ben Heck interview, that guy is awesome.

#340 5 years ago

Going back to the Joe interview. He mentioned that pinball was easy just slap this and that together and Bam you have a flipping game.

This is what I dislike the most about new games. Tired of seeing the same thing reused over and over. The same pop bumpers in the back corner with no real purpose for example. I think this is what we get when someone makes a pinball just because they can, not because they are passionate.

#341 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Did anybody take Martin?

Lol nope. I think only a couple of people didn't have Keith, he was the most popular by far.
    I might link it up as a google doc for fun

#342 5 years ago
    Quoted from gorgar007:

Going back to the Joe interview. He mentioned that pinball was easy just slap this and that together and Bam you have a flipping game.
    This is what I dislike the most about new games. Tired of seeing the same thing reused over and over. The same pop bumpers in the back corner with no real purpose for example. I think this is what we get when someone makes a pinball just because they can, not because they are passionate.

?? Plenty of companies throughout the history of pinball have reused layout elements. That ain’t nothing new!

#343 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Lol nope. I think only a couple of people didn't have Keith, he was the most popular by far.
    I might link it up as a google doc for fun

Dude is crushing it though. Martin is doing amazingly well. I mean, wait, we all expected this.

#344 5 years ago

Same amount of points as Colin, but without the spreadsheet

#345 5 years ago

This won't go to his head, will it? Is it going to be a thing now where he introduces himself as "Martin, Pinburgh A Division Player" now? I mean, I would, be he shouldn't.

#346 5 years ago

hehe, plenty of work to do tomorrow.

Here is the Spreedsheet of all the guesses

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YFEGl2LBFxtbTn-d0h_psppRTigfOKSlFcDCqnT77I8/edit?usp=sharing

Not sure if there was a better way to lay out it. When the final 4 come in I just need to quickly edit 4 columns and it should auto tally the results.

44 Entries
    ---

40 Picked Keith
    27 Picked Raymond
    25 Picked Zach Sharpe
    19 Picked Josh Sharpe

Only 1 person picked Jim Belsito who is currently 2nd

#347 5 years ago

Thanks for doing this. I know all too well how much work tallying open voting actually is. I actually did have Jim Belsito and overthought things and switched him out at the last moment.

#348 5 years ago

Episode 54 – 70% Skill. 20% Luck. 10% H2H shirt

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/07/30/episode-54-70-skill-20-luck-10-h2h-shirt/

MBR announced
    Godzilla Pinball
    Octo Assembly
    Pirates on the line
    Thunderbirds comprehensive review
    Alice Cooper
    3 x Stern updates
    Slam the Top 100 unedited
    Ancient mariner mood
    Pinburgh 2018
    Bank by Bank
    Finals
    The power of the shirt
    Trash talker
    Intergalactic
    Pinstadium comp results

Martinwins (resized).jpgMartinwins (resized).jpg
    #349 5 years ago

Legendary pinball designer Dennis Nordman will join us on episode 55 next Monday! He talks about his amazing career, Elvira 3, exciting things at deeproot and more!

#350 5 years ago

Boom!
    Dennis Nordman joins us for Episode 55!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/08/06/episode-55-dennis-nordman-and-the-curse-of-elvira/

Cameos from
    Mrs. Pin’s Pinball Podcast
    Gene X Hwang
    Petey Pinsider

---------------

Dennis the Cabinet man
    Designing 80s games
    White Water break through
    Making shots theme orientated
    Demolition man stories
    POTC comeback
    WOF bottom
    Big juicy melons
    Alien pinball
    Elvira 3 pinball
    Dennis Nordman original Deeproot machine
    Deadpool
    Gazza at Pinfest
    PHOF closing down click bait!
    Karl saves Alice Cooper
    Godzilla Pinball
    Slam the top 100
    GOTG doesn’t suck
    Stern Tour
    US Flip frenzy @ Logan
    Gene X mini interview
    Mini Pinburgh at SHPC – email [email protected]
    EP55 - DENNIS NORDMAN (resized).jpgEP55 - DENNIS NORDMAN (resized).jpg

There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.