(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png
    There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
    #751 4 years ago

Oh hell no. Too much love for Star Trek. Not enough for LOTR. LOL. Another great episode, guys!

#752 4 years ago
    thumbs up (resized).jpgthumbs up (resized).jpg
    #753 4 years ago

Holy shit that made me spit out my breakfast balt

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh hell no. Too much love for Star Trek. Not enough for LOTR. LOL. Another great episode, guys!

Yeah I've had mine for 3 years and the last 2 i haven't played more than a 100 or so games on it.
    I know it is amazing but its hard to beat TWD for me. Maybe 10 years from now the answer will be different.
    Also I feel bad for AC/DC as I didn't make a point about how bloody cool the Song Jackpot is and that it makes up for a lot of the shortcomings we talked about. Also AC/DC multiplier shot and rule i think is the best multiplier rule in pinball. Simple to understand. Risky shot. Doesn't last too long....

I've found a website that does bracket style votes, instead of a facebook vote for the final 2 we might open up an entire 32 game bracket and each round has 24 hours of voting.

#754 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Holy shit that made me spit out my breakfast balt

Yeah I've had mine for 3 years and the last 2 i haven't played more than a 100 or so games on it.
    I know it is amazing but its hard to beat TWD for me. Maybe 10 years from now the answer will be different.
    Also I feel bad for AC/DC as I didn't make a point about how bloody cool the Song Jackpot is and that it makes up for a lot of the shortcomings we talked about. Also AC/DC multiplier shot and rule i think is the best multiplier rule in pinball. Simple to understand. Risky shot. Doesn't last too long....
    I've found a website that does bracket style votes, instead of a facebook vote for the final 2 we might open up an entire 32 game bracket and each round has 24 hours of voting.

That type of system is how the pinside top 100 should be done as well.

Also, f*ck Facebook.

#755 4 years ago

Love the new merch! It makes Head2Head Pinball... wait for it...a global lifestyle brand!

#756 4 years ago

Thanks to Supreme for paving the way

Screenshot_2019-04-30-16-03-24-356_com.facebook.katana (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-04-30-16-03-24-356_com.facebook.katana (resized).png
    #757 4 years ago

Online bracket is up if you want to vote in the 32 pin elimination bracket

https://www.polltab.com/bracket-poll/yLp5S_LFN

I might give it is own thread as it took me at least 45 minutes to find a website that supports this.
    Every 24 hours it ticks over to the next stage

#758 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Thanks to Supreme for paving the way
    [quoted image]

Kudos to you Ryan C for playing pinball despite your apparent severe finger deformities. Bravo - yet another untold story of pinhead courage and determination!

#759 4 years ago

Episode 91 with Rotordave is now ready!!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/05/06/episode-91-rotordave-returns/

David Peck cohosts the show
    Stern Battle Royale results
    Pincade recap
    Led Zeppelin retheme
    Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championship
    Evel Knievel restoration
    Thrilla in Sternilla 2
    Alice in Wonderland layout
    The Bushwhackers
    Aussies are thieves
    Pinball hall of Fame plans
    Music theme suggestions
    Infected Mushroom
    The B-52s
    Nine Inch Nails
    King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
    Muse – yes!!!
    Pinball “unmet need”
    Coop modes
    Head2Head merch store

ep91sm (resized).pngep91sm (resized).png
    #760 4 years ago

I haven't even listened to the episode yet. But I can tell you, Infected Mushroom is one of my "goto" sounds for earbuds when playing pinball. Most of it just fits pinball so well!

1 week later
    #761 4 years ago

Sorry all. No podcast this week. Just needed the day off.

h2hdayoff (resized).pngh2hdayoff (resized).png
    1 week later
    #762 4 years ago

We're back this week with Jimmy Nails joining to talk about the Brisbane Masters in August.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/05/20/episode-92-from-a-land-down-under/

Jimmy Nails joins the show
    Brisbane Pinball and Arcade Collective
    10 days of pinball!!
    Steve Ritchie and Bowen Kerins coming
    How many pinball shirts do you have?
    EKKA Royal Queensland Show
    Kong Off Oz Style
    Brisbane Masters
    Batman 66 impressions years later
    The Aussie dollar is rubbish
    Mobile streaming
    Netherworld
    Tournament commentary

ep92sm (resized).pngep92sm (resized).png
    #763 4 years ago

Never thought after 9 years that Darksoul's plodcast record would be broken.

#764 4 years ago

Awesome. Glad you enjoyed it!

#765 4 years ago

No, I skipped it based on the content cue sheet.

#766 4 years ago

Joe Lemire joins us again to cover alot of pinball news!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/05/27/episode-93-joe-lemire-and-the-prisoner-of-pinball/

Joe Lemire cohosts fresh from the NYCPC
    Haggis Pinball gets an artist
    Changes to Cosmic Carnival
    Chris Franchi and Dead Flip pinball concepts
    Munsters Color Premium
    Supreme not as dumb as you thought
    Seawitch remake coming
    Space Cadet real machine
    Harry Potter virtual pin
    Flipper Mechanic game
    Stern book update
    Head2Deals
    NYCPC roundup
    Mailbag

ep93med (resized).pngep93med (resized).png
    1 week later
    #767 4 years ago

Continuing our trend of deep philosophical pinball discussions, this week we deep dive into Deeproot and the state of pinball. Enjoy.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/06/03/episode-94-going-deep/

Deeproot latest announcement
    When is Fall?
    Assembling machines is easy
    Moon craters
    Politics
    Zidware goodwill
    Next Level Pinball
    Multimorphic musings
    Madonna Pinball vs Lady Gaga pinball
    Todd Tuckey is ok
    IFPA World Championships
    Joe missed it
    Jason Lambert won’t and is everywhere!
    Black Knight code + Joe’s thoughts
    Austin Powers colordmd
    The Rolling Stones are awesome (at releasing compilations)
    Wonka gameplay impressions

ep94sm (resized).pngep94sm (resized).png
    #768 4 years ago

Agree. Headshaking announcement by Deeproot. I ask myself, what is really wrong with pinball, when people are still playing the older games with enjoyment. And buying the current ones as well.

Do people really want innovation? People want a great game first. And second, quality and beauty. With the latter including theme integration.

And here is the bad news, that should scare any company. Even successful designers with decades of experience do not make a great game each time around.

Quality product and beauty - and playfield stuff - money can buy, yes. But here is my advise. As for the long lasting stabillity of the game as a whole, and the individual parts, just wait and see. Before a large sample of field tests and end-user experience is showing an improvement over competitors, maybe it is best to keep the mouth shut.

As for the H2H hosts and opinions from all around, I am likewise shaking my head at the "there has been no innovation in pinball since...". You got to axknowledge the smaller stuff.

Willy Wonka might be the best playfield ever designed. Not only is it bloddy interesting and brilliant. But the Gobstopper lock is never seen before. That is innovation "enough" for me. A step forward. So is the flail on Black Knight.

Also, it looks like the Wonkavator lock trough is having non-contact ball sensors, that works from just the one side of the ball. I am super curious about this. Is it a new reflective beam design? This is innovation on the technical side. And the possibilities it provides, may lead to innovation on the playfield side.

#769 4 years ago

Thanks Soren - very well put.

#771 4 years ago

It's really hard to listen to Joe when it's obvious that he is rooting for Stern and that Stern can "do no wrong." I don't understand the need to put down any other manufacturer, since there's really no benefit to it. If JJP puts out a game, I am just as excited as when Spooky puts out a game, or when CGC announces a remake. P3 is the biggest step in innovation pinball has seen since the move from EM to SS. There's no need to put down Gerry and his work with that platform. I had a really hard time listening to the last 2 episodes, and unfortunately, didn't finish them, because it was all "Stern is the best at this that and that other thing," while everyone else is not as good. I really hope that perspective changes in the next couple episodes. I do agree with some things that Joe says, but it's hard to listen to someone that only backs one manufacturer.

As far as DR goes, the only people that have a horse in the race, are the ones that got burned by Zidware. Everyone else would be better off taking a back seat and waiting to see what they come out with and not adding to the drama or speculation game. Also, DR should speak with their product, not with their forum posts or newsletters. There's nothing more off-putting than someone that is overly conceited, but has nothing to show for it. Let your products make your statement.

Thanks for your hard work in still going on with H2H, Marty. I'm hoping you and Joe will find your stride.

#772 4 years ago

I didn't hear the negativity you did Panda. I heard honest opinions intended to be critical about things Joe felt should be better and praise when he thought it was warranted.

They're just opinions. I'm glad we have another reasonable voice to listen to even if I don't agree with everything that voice says.

Keep up the good work Joe.

Edit: seasons change on the solstices. March 21st, June 21st, September 21st, December 21st. All of November is fall.

#773 4 years ago

Yeah I didn't hear the negativity either - in fact Joe takes a few swipes at Stern in the last episode. Someone also called out that I was saying manufacturers shouldn't make a Madonna or Lady GaGa machine which is absolutely not what I was saying. I can assure you Joe and I don't have any allegiances to any manufacturer and will try to present as many sides of an argument we feel we can contribute to. If you disagree please continue the conversation as I like to hear more to have an informed opinion and I have said sometimes previously on the podcast that I don't have enough information on some topics to comment - as a podcaster this kills me!!

#774 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Edit: seasons change on the solstices. March 21st, June 21st, September 21st, December 21st. All of November is fall.

Yep - not sure where Joe lives, but summer has always been considered to be June, July, & August and fall is Sept, Oct, Nov in the US.

Also - Flintstones, Family Guy, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Popeye, and Bugs Bunny are other cartoon themes used for games

#775 4 years ago

Loved the episode and addition of Joe to the mix. I love the game insight and tournament talk. Was awesome to listen to him talk about Pinmasters of Rhode Island and how he thought he'd finish while all the time I knew the outcome already (watched the twitch stream). Congratulations on your performance Joe... well done indeed!!

I didn't see over the top negativity nor fanboy-ism, but I might have missed it. I know we all have our trigger points and for me it was very difficult to listen to the words "Idea" and "Ideas" be pronounced with an "R". But hey, I can get over that I'm sure!!

#776 4 years ago

It wasn't blatant negativity or obvious swipes. I heard a lot of implied meaning but maybe I'm reading into too deeply. I'll continue to listen for a time at least and give him a fair chance.

#777 4 years ago

I like Joe’s participation, he offers a different perspective then Marty. Time to fire up the printing presses and remove Ryan C’s mug from h2h T-shirts.

#778 4 years ago
    FD494D9E-F588-4649-BCC4-02A34497B5C5 (resized).jpegFD494D9E-F588-4649-BCC4-02A34497B5C5 (resized).jpeg
    #779 4 years ago

Episode 6 of The Great Weekend:
    https://7plus.com.au/the-great-weekend

ACC31F18-8C2F-470A-AFD4-684A24A963A9 (resized).jpegACC31F18-8C2F-470A-AFD4-684A24A963A9 (resized).jpegE1915B98-9A67-4064-88E8-79184F3A4E1C (resized).jpegE1915B98-9A67-4064-88E8-79184F3A4E1C (resized).jpegFBF9F3D1-51B9-4C1A-A7A4-AF87E7B3AF88 (resized).pngFBF9F3D1-51B9-4C1A-A7A4-AF87E7B3AF88 (resized).png
    #780 4 years ago

Episode 95 is now ready and it's time for a competition!!!!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/06/10/episode-95-multiple-jackpots/

Balanced discussions vs drama
    Art standards: Metallica vs Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters code? – Joe’s wishlist
    Pro vs Premium/LE machines
    Risky Business and Pricing models
    The Addams Family Effect
    Elvira 3 coming this October
    Pinmasters RI / IFPA 16 World Championship
    Metroid Pinball homebrew
    Pinstadium new mounting system
    Joe Tips the Top 100
    Southern Hemisphere Pinball Championship
    Competition to win a set of Pinstadiums

ep95sm (resized).pngep95sm (resized).png
    1 week later
    #781 4 years ago

Gary Stern joins the show for an interview this week on episode 96 - enjoy!!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/06/17/episode-96-gary-stern/

Gary Stern interview
    Conquering Asia
    Lifestyle brand or manufacturer?
    Pinball connectivity
    Supreme success / private label machines
    The Pin
    Is making pinball hard?
    Stern makes money!!
    Vault machines
    LOTR or Matrix?
    Pinball hits and misses
    The tale of Orbitor 1
    Vodka/Gin
    Australia
    Willy Wonka Karl DeAngelo stream
    Joe’s Thoughts
    Joe Tips the Top 100 – Game of Thrones
    Leia strat works
    Pinstadium competition round 2

ep96sm (resized).pngep96sm (resized).png
    #782 4 years ago

Great interview with Gary Stern. Connectivity (from Stern) is coming end of this year or early 2020. Well done Marto!

#783 4 years ago

And TRON VE too!!!

... at least not a definite no anyway

1 week later
    #784 4 years ago

Episode 97 is now available!!! Poll for best Ritchie of the modern era coming to FB soon.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/06/24/episode-97-shut-up-and-take-my-money/

Black Knight SOR code update and physical changes
    Steve Ritchie
    Best of the modern era
    Spider-man vault vs original
    Spider-man vs Superman
    Cosmic Carnival production update
    Deeproot not shipping internationally
    Wonka production?
    Monster bash remake arrival imminent
    Next remake speculation
    Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle code update
    Awesome hologram topper
    Lady Gaga and pinball again!!
    New England Pinball League
    Pinstadium competition round 3 – this one is easy!!
    Star Trek stream with Fusions!!!

ep97sm (resized).pngep97sm (resized).png
    #785 4 years ago

Cool Freudian slip at 20:50 ...

Would have been interesting if Jenna Jameson had done the Spider-Man callouts ... gives a lightly different meaning to “the power of the sun ... in the palm of my hand!”

rd

BA32ABC0-5889-45E3-8969-F537FB23172E (resized).jpegBA32ABC0-5889-45E3-8969-F537FB23172E (resized).jpeg
    #786 4 years ago

We had a good laugh about this after. I had no idea who Jenna or Jonah were.

#787 4 years ago
    Quoted from Martymainframe:

I had no idea who Jenna or Jonah were.

Hint: they are quite different.

rd

#788 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Cool Freudian slip at 20:50 ...
    Would have been interesting if Jenna Jameson had done the Spider-Man callouts ... gives a lightly different meaning to “the power of the sun ... in the palm of my hand!”
    rd[quoted image]

Ha! I thought I heard that wrong but I was on a treadmill and didn't want to stop and back it up.

#789 4 years ago

Talk about Lady Gaga overload, check out her pachinko machine.

#790 4 years ago

Wow. Pachinko has come along way since I last saw one.

#791 4 years ago

Continuing our trend of deep philosophical pinball discussions, this week we deep dive into Deeproot and the state of pinball. Enjoy.
    http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/06/03/episode-94-going-deep/

Todd Tuckey is ok

Glad I made the list!! Yes...improving every day! Todd

#792 4 years ago

Did you say you wanted more podcasters all at the same time? Pretty sure I heard someone say it somewhere.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/07/01/episode-98-ripextrahead2slammrspinballplayersprofile/

The pinball podcast panelists at Pinstastic join the show
    Before and after podcasting
    Hobby vs media
    Franchi returns
    Machines of 2019
    Willy
    Munsters code
    Superman missed opportunity?
    Themes for females
    Pinball innovation
    Pinball connectivity
    Pinball on TV
    Next lifestyle brand speculation
    More giveaways

ep98 sm (resized).pngep98 sm (resized).png
    #793 4 years ago

RE: ep 97 Lexy on location- I know of one at Buffalo Billiards in Austin Texas. I was told Helicon Brewing near Pittsburgh had one but it's not on their Pinball Map listing.

I want some Jenna Jameson callouts put into Spiderman for Joe.

#794 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I want some Jenna Jameson callouts put into Spiderman for Joe.

That’d be next level cool.

rd

#795 4 years ago

Gary Stern joins the show for an interview this week on episode 96 - enjoy!!
    http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/06/17/episode-96-gary-stern/
    Gary Stern interview
    Conquering Asia
    Lifestyle brand or manufacturer?
    Pinball connectivity
    Supreme success / private label machines
    The Pin
    Is making pinball hard?
    Stern makes money!!
    Vault machines
    LOTR or Matrix?
    Pinball hits and misses
    The tale of Orbitor 1
    Vodka/Gin
    Australia
    Willy Wonka Karl DeAngelo stream
    Joe’s Thoughts
    Joe Tips the Top 100 – Game of Thrones
    Leia strat works
    Pinstadium competition round 2[quoted image]

Late in commenting, but this picture is clearly your worst Photoshop job ever

#796 4 years ago

Ahaha!!!

#797 4 years ago

Episode 99 - Hot Garbage is now ready for you.

The next Battle Royale is live, this time Bally / Williams of the 90s. Vote here: https://www.polltab.com/bracket-poll/-NhZoXdzC

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/07/08/episode-99-hot-garbage/

Pintastic final roundup
    Joe ain’t trash
    Deeproot update / tour
    Brisbane Masters sellout
    National Pinball day
    Thunderbirds is better than Magic Girl
    Jurassic Park?
    Black Knight mini review
    Alice Cooper in Oz / TWIP deep dive
    Dutch Pinball update
    Bally/Williams Battle Royale – vote now!
    Joe Tips the Top 100 – Cactus Canyon
    Final Pinstadium competition week
    Marty fixes something
    Dialed In / Game of Thrones stream

ep99 sm (resized).pngep99 sm (resized).png
    #798 4 years ago

Thunderbirds is better than Magic Girl
    [quoted image]

That must be why so many of the six year old Aussie preorders are dumping them for a loss on ebay AU recently after only having them for a few weeks of ownership.

The global pinball community has spoken and spoken truly - this machine is the rock bottom worst of the worst.

I understand that Mister 100 machines a week is now desperately chasing greenbacks to stay afloat but no amount of local propaganda is going to induce people to take another bite of that shit sandwich by trying to convince them it's a down under version of a PBJ.

#799 4 years ago

had a laugh about the TB review and glad I was not the only one that thought the flipper buttons were weird especially when they are your sensory connection to playing the game

#800 4 years ago

Re: Cactus - Quickdraws (lit with side targets, activated on an inlane, no ball hold to start) advance bad guys toward showdown and light bounty if beaten, not gunfights. Gunfights light when you defeat a bart brother. They hold the ball at start and do the 4 target dance before release. Winning those increases rank, which raises the value of future quickdraws.

/nobody really cares

There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast/page/16?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.