(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png
    There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
    #651 5 years ago

Sorry everyone no podcast this week. Nothing to do with the above

#652 5 years ago
    Quoted from Martymainframe:

Bummer! Hope all is well. I'll start looking forward to next Monday right now.

#653 5 years ago

What! How do you expect me to make it through the week now? Going to be a long week.

#654 5 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Chris reached out to me the day after the episode dropped, called me a moron and to fuck off and accused me of having a vendetta against him because I unfriended him on Facebook. I responded that I would discuss his talking points on the next episode and left it at that. H2H chose to call him up at 4am, purportedly out of the blue, to stir the pot and here we are.

It is not “discussing” if it’s just you and Tommy on your podcast in a vacuum. a discussion is a conversation. Invite him on the podcast and actually discuss the matter!

#655 5 years ago

You dudes are still probably trying to come up with a counter-meme it's okay we all get it

#656 5 years ago

Did you guys put the BMW into a ditch again? LOL

#657 5 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

What! How do you expect me to make it through the week now? Going to be a long week.

You can always go through their back catalogue.

I recommend episode 8 when Homepin was introduced to an international audience and see how much the narrative at the time meets the reality of 2019.

#658 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

You can always go through their back catalogue.
    I recommend episode 8 when Homepin was introduced to an international audience and see how much the narrative at the time meets the reality of 2019.

I did not even need to revisit to realise you win
    Troll of the year award ass clown

#659 5 years ago

what? no one to call at 4am.

#660 5 years ago

The rise and inevitable fall of banana republicanism.

One step away from falsely claimed perfection to one step away from genuine insolvency.

#661 5 years ago

Episode 78 - News News News!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/02/04/episode-78-news-news-news/

Jersey Jack – 2 machines this year
    Heighway Pinball failed pinball pitch
    Dutch pinball update
    Code updates
    Dirty Donny Joins Suncoast Pinball
    Multimorphic Cosmic Cart Racing ready to ship
    The “other” Butch Patrick TV show
    Beatles has arrived in Oz
    Stern 007 rumour
    Munsters code backlash
    Social Media Watch
    Danni Peck is even more awesome
    Polar Vortex
    Mafia stream
    EM pickup

#662 5 years ago

The Borg collective is assimilating....... Resistance is futile

#663 5 years ago

Hi Martin (and Stacey),

I just finished listening to the latest episode and it was nice to hear you discussing the P3 in a more positive light. You were discussing how much of the playfield is taken up by the upper playfield module and I wanted to add some more details:

The length of the P3 playfield from the trough to the back panel at the far end of the game is a little under 45 inches. The length of the upper playfield module from its front edge to the back panel is a little over 15 inches. So the length of the upper module is just over a third of the length of the visible playfield area. If you measure from the tips of the flippers (when lowered) to the back panel (i.e. the playable area), it's about 41 1/2 inches. Using this measurement, you could say the length of the upper module accounts for about 2/5 of the length of the playable area. Of course, if you include the walls and scoops which are located in front of the upper playfield module as part of the module it would account for even more of the playing area.

Also remember that the design of the P3 allows for physical and mechanical elements to be placed in the mid-playfield area in future games and I believe the next game that Multimorphic is working on will take advantage of this.

#664 5 years ago

If Bandai Namco is now a major JJP distributor, that second JJP machine could turn out to be Pac-Man. Namco has wanted a new one out by somebody for years.

#665 5 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

If Bandai Namco is now a major JJP distributor, that second JJP machine could turn out to be Pac-Man. Namco has wanted a new one out by somebody for years.

I could get behind a new Pac-Man pin! Waka-waka

#666 5 years ago

Episode 79 – Orange Is The New Black

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/02/11/episode-79-orange-is-the-new-black/

Jeff Teolis from Pinball Profile co-hosts the show
    Haggis Pinball Wraith update + Celts
    Joe Kaminkow EKG Hall of Fame
    Twipys
    Munsters is here
    Buy Sell market
    Stern of the Union
    Stern Pro Circuit Championship
    Steve Ritchie next game
    Pinslam the Top 100
    Pinball videos
    Beatles impressions / stream
    Australian Championship Series

#667 5 years ago

Geez guys. I've listened to your concerns and talked to you guys in private several times about the public criticism you've made about the TWIPYs. But come on, this is like beating a dead horse now.

The options on the table right now for the TWIPYs are the either do them as they are as like a "People's Choice" awards, OR, have a panel that chooses the winners without input from the pinball community, OR, not do the TWIPYs at all. We've considered all three options and think that the first option is the best option for now. We will listen to the criticism and make changes to make it better each year.

Not sure what else to say about it that we haven't discussed privately. I think you've made your point.

#668 5 years ago

I like this thing where your latest guest shits all over the previous guest, please keep it going.

Teolis knocks the twipys for making the non-winners feel like losers *on the show that brought you the twerpys*. Well done.

#669 5 years ago

All I know is that I'm only going to listen to whatever podcast wins the TWIPY and immediately buy the pinball machine that wins the most categories. Unfortunately I did the same thing with the twerpys as I got confused on the concept. (just to make sure, the TWIPY is the good ones right?).

**love the podcast guys (I also think the TWIPYs are fun too, so good job TWIPY overlords).

#670 5 years ago

You guys are taking this TWIPY thing all too seriously. It's pinball, it's supposed to be fun. The TWIPYs are supposed to be fun. Lets keep it fun! Like with anything else, once it stops being fun, then it'll stop happening.

#671 5 years ago

You guys have gotten your panties in so much of a wad over Kaneda, it's kind of disturbing. I certainly know your conversation wasn't about the fact that voters might not have played every game on the ballot.

Kaneda is flawed... but aren't we all in our own ways?

There's a ton of fun pinball content out there – he just happens to have a singularly unique approach/style/spin. It's like Simon on those talent shows - people appreciate brutal honesty and it just so happens that Chris has the personality to pull that off. That's probably why he's deserving of some recognition. It's just a slice of really unique entertainment. Emphasis: entertainment.

I've never been a big fan of groups collectively deciding to shun someone. It's a real turnoff. It would be way easier if you take the opposite approach and extend a friendly hand – all of you (including Jeff). It's the right thing to do. This kind of vibe you have going isn't good for anyone, no matter what the past is. It's much easier to forgive and forget... take away from that and try to forge something positive. You can keep someone at arm's length and still be friendly, btw. That's a way better option than the path all of you have chosen to take.

#672 5 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

All I know is that I'm only going to listen to whatever podcast wins the TWIPY and immediately buy the pinball machine that wins the most categories. Unfortunately I did the same thing with the twerpys as I got confused on the
    concept. (just to make sure, the TWIPY is the good ones right?) ...

lol

So ... how you liking your new Thunderbirds?

#673 5 years ago

I felt so bad for last week's guest host while listening this week. I thought he was great!

#674 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I felt so bad for last week's guest host while listening this week. I thought he was great!

You do realize it was a joke...and Stacey loved it and knew of it in advance. Stacey is awesome. Like making when I make fun of Ryan C, or Josh Sharpe...all in fun...and because I really like them as people. They know it, and I think everyone listening does too.

#675 5 years ago

Everybody loves a light roast, you just took the comedy rule of 3s and cubed it.

#676 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeLoveScott:

Stacey B here, thanks for that, I really enjoy filling in on H2H when I get the call up.

And Jeff, sure, he has a great voice, is well versed in all things pinball, and has a wonderful arsenal of characters to call on, but at the end of the day, he's still a ginger.

Seriously, I was not fussed by the ribbing, it's clearly all in good spirits!

#677 5 years ago

Episode 80 with Bruce from the Slam Tilt podcast.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/02/18/episode-80-they-call-me-bruce/

Bruce from Slam Tilt cohosts
    Buy / Sell market deep dive
    NIB Stern vs the rest
    Bruce loves Houdini
    Is The Shadow still a B title?
    CGC impact on Bally/Williams prices
    Beatles vs Seawitch
    American Pinball trademarks
    Australian Championship Series Recap
    Scores – Qualifying Stream – Finals Stream
    Surf Champ love
    Gottlieb Hate
    Pinslam the top 100
    Robin Hood?

#678 5 years ago
    Quoted from DrCurlytek:

Stacey B here, thanks for that, I really enjoy filling in on H2H when I get the call up.
    And Jeff, sure, he has a great voice, is well versed in all things pinball, and has a wonderful arsenal of characters to call on, but at the end of the day, he's still a ginger.
    Seriously, I was not fussed by the ribbing, it's clearly all in good spirits!

Stacy, you were a very good guest host - twice, right? Took me awhile to learn how to translate but once I did I found your points of view to be refreshing. You provided a solid flow of dialog and a quick wit. Would like to hear you again but with a little more aggressive & authoritative tone (channel your inner Dennis Kreisel ... oh never mind). Try drinking a pitcher of 1/2 Red Bull and 1/2 vodka to limber up and Marty can drink along with a bottle of gin - all before the show begins taping of course.

H2H is creative and has many good recurring segments. The one I wish they’d drop is top 100, it is pointless because people don’t vote on what you say to talk a game up that they already know is bad. They will vote according to how the pin really is and regardless of what gets argued.

Most H2H segments are great, as are the interviews of course. It goes without saying that H2H is the exclusive pr agent for Pinside Petey. That’s good because when he’s on, I forget all about Ryan and Marty and their problems for a few minutes of the day. Petey can solve anyone’s problems and really quickly before leaving them with a healthy - fuckoff!

66D02C2E-AE5B-4D8B-8C4E-0710BD1DE3D3 (resized).jpeg66D02C2E-AE5B-4D8B-8C4E-0710BD1DE3D3 (resized).jpeg

#679 5 years ago

Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated and Stacey makes a great co-host and is a great mate.

Pinslam is pretty much for guests as for some reason they still want to play it. However, it can still be a bit of fun especially when the guest host gets their fave machine picked - couldn't have scripted it better.

#680 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would like to hear you again but with a little more aggressive & authoritative tone (channel your inner Dennis Kreisel ... oh never mind).

Some say I'm the kindest person in pinball...

#681 5 years ago
    Quoted from drredness:

You do realize it was a joke...and Stacey loved it and knew of it in advance. Stacey is awesome. Like making when I make fun of Ryan C, or Josh Sharpe...all in fun...and because I really like them as people. They know it, and I think everyone listening does too.

Many of the posts in this and other podcast threads give me the impression that a large percentage of pinsiders actually can’t identify when someone is joking or being sarcastic. That dynamic actually makes the jokes funnier because I get a laugh out of them while listening, and then a follow up laugh reading angry comments written by those who completely missed the jokes!

#682 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgonzola:

Many of the posts in this and other podcast threads give me the impression that a large percentage of pinsiders actually can’t identify when someone is joking or being sarcastic. That dynamic actually makes the jokes funnier because I get a laugh out of them while listening, and then a follow up laugh reading angry comments written by those who completely missed the jokes!

Well said... as for me, I'm just waiting for Ryan to get out of Jail so we can get to the bottom of why he's been gone for so long.

#683 5 years ago

It's hard to not get annoyed when Bruce hates on EVERYTHING that's not modern Sterns or Stern Electronics. I get that you can have your biases, esp if you have friends that work for that company but man, give the games a chance! I always tell my kids to try all the foods that are offered to them, because they will never know what their next favorite is if they don't try it. Do that same with pinball! Don't discount games or hate games just for the sake of hating them! And that bit about JJP and rerunning editions of games, as if Stern hasn't done the exact same thing, or worse. Pshhhhhhhh!!

Ok, off my soapbox. Keep up the great show guys! And tell FalconPunch to get is ass back on the show, if it's not too sore from all this jail time he's serving

#684 5 years ago

Episode 81 - Richard Rhodes Australian Championship Series winner!!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/02/26/richard-rhodes/

RGR pinball history
    RGR in the media
    Pinburgh sells out
    Betting on pinball
    Space cadet real pinball
    Zaccaria pinball app
    Stern Pro Circuit on ESPN
    Belles and Chimes Melbourne
    JJP future title rumor
    Drunk pinball
    Todd Tuckey on Counter Culture
    More Munsters impressions
    Mini playfields
    Marty loves cookie cutters

#685 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Not sure what else to say about it that we haven't discussed privately. I think you've made your point.

They should put their money where their mouth is and opt out of Twipy.

This obvious butthurt jealousy is a bad look.

#686 5 years ago

Love the podcast guys(best out there IMO, and there's a lot of good competition too). Good job holding down the fort without Ryan! Anyway, appreciate all the hard work that you guys do to entertain us for free.

#687 5 years ago

Another great episode. Loved RGR being on for the entire podcast.

#688 5 years ago

RGR was a great chat. I've had ALOT of discussions with him about various pinball topics and as a top player in Australia for many years knew there would be plenty more.

#689 5 years ago

With the impending release of Deeproot down under I would love to hear you guys do some live market research. Stand on any busy corner and ask everyone who walks near, "Would you like a Deeproot?"

Could get some valuable feedback...

#690 5 years ago

In the name of research of course

#691 5 years ago

Another great co host on the show Colin MacAlpine. Enjoy!!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/03/04/episode-82-colin-macalpine-is-bigger-than-texas/

Tournament at TPF
    How to play pinball with Colin
    Triggers on Demo Man
    Texas Pinball Festival
    10 days of the Brisbane Masters
    Haggis Pinball update
    Legends of Valhalla by Riot Pinball
    Kinetically pleasing pinball
    CGC next 2 games!!
    Deadpool code – stacks!
    Black Widow ramp
    Bayside Stream
    Farfalla is naughty

1 week later
    #692 5 years ago

Neil McRae joins the show this week and we have a great chat!!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2019/03/11/episode-83-neil-mcraes-bright-pinball-future/

Neil McRae co-hosts the show
    UK pinball scene and prices
    UK tournaments
    Pinburgh
    Heighway vs Homepin
    Team Pinball
    Stern Pro Circuit Final
    Michael Jordan / Kill Bill pins
    Pinball FX3 next 3 tables
    Munsters vs Deadpool code – again!
    “Correct” flipper angles
    Stern Insider Program
    Even more pinball betting
    Mini Pinstadiums
    Steve Ritchie secrets
    Cosmic Cart Racing by Multimorphic stream
    5 days of pinball / UK Pinfest

#693 5 years ago

Neil was good value. Andy needs to dress as a minion next time or leave that shit at home.

#694 5 years ago

Most people outside of the two local Australian forums (i.e. 95% of the Aussie pinball community) knew Homepin was going to implode at some stage and screw over any preorder people in the process years ago so this whole shocked and surprised that it failed narrative currently being played out to the global community is disingenuous.

It barely requires repeating at this late stage but for the record he had previous non-pinball related business ventures doing the exact same thing of taking preorder money, creating excuses as to why the end product can't be completed, then ignoring original preorders and chasing new money in order to stay afloat. Those businesses ultimately folded. Everyone I have spoken to within the local pinball community who have no local forum loyalty ties knew of this information years ago.

That's why TBAG only received such a miniscule amount of overall preorders to begin with with nearly all of them being AussieArcade sycophants whilst being fed what was obviously a bullshit narrative at the time to protect a commercial sponsor.

Contrary to what was suggested in the podcast but it isn't jingoism that is the problem with the online Australian pinball community. It's toadyism or more specifically parroting everything the local forum purple circle tells them to swallow and automatically regurgitate without using their own common sense.

If anything the whole saga surrounding Homepin is a long overdue wake up call.

#695 5 years ago

I had to look up the meaning of several of those words....

#696 5 years ago

Makes jokes about headlamp, says being able to see "adds 1 percent". Then once again Tells us all to go buy over priced (300$ or more) led lights that can be made for less then 30.

#697 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Neil was good value.

Complete agree. Neil, if you're reading this, I think you would make a great ongoing co-host on a podcast someday. I mean, everyone's doing it right? I seriously loved your insight and perspective. You would need a slapstick partner to interject a bit of the lighter side... but could definitely work!!

#698 5 years ago

Yep, great hearing our very own Neil McRae on the podcast. He is a great ambassador for UK Pinball and a genuine nice bloke. Also nice to hear someone new filling in while Ryan C is still in prison.

#699 5 years ago

How long of a stretch is Ryan C doing?

#700 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

How long of a stretch is Ryan C doing?

As long as it takes!!

There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast/page/14?hl=twoheartedmale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.