(Topic ID: 194246)

Head2Head Podcast - **New episodes every Year**

By FalconPunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15278909-E480-408B-88DB-129D599C0A36 (resized).jpeg
    5D76AC6B-56E9-4076-96EA-7A311C4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    Ep 124 - Xmas 2 (resized).jpg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    Ep 123 Xmas Cheer (resized).png
    IMG_0400 (resized).jpg
    H2Hfinal-1024x576 (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Ep122sm (resized).png
    Episode 121sm (resized).png
    ep120sm (resized).png
    ep119sm (resized).png
    ep118sm (resized).png
    ep117sm (resized).png
    ep116sm (resized).png
    Ep 115sm (resized).png
    There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
    #451 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Do we want NDA Ned to come back?
    He told me he has some more secrets that he may or may not tell me. Depending on how much I beg.

I think he should come back, but I'm not going to beg. I have dignity over here.

#452 5 years ago

We managed to give you a 2 hour episode in a week with 0 news

Episode 60!

Dennis Kriesel from Eclectic Gamers Podcast joins us to chat pinball
    http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/09/17/episode-60-dennis-kriesel-is-a-cheap-bastard/

Dennis Intro
    Eclectic Gamers podcast
    Deadpool plastics
    Collecting Pinballs on the cheap
    Street level Gottliebs
    Top 5 WUG
    Collection machines with significant others
    Toy hall of fame
    Dennis Trends
    Slam the top 100
    Lower level playfields
    Jeff Teolis LIVE Pinball Profile
    Dead Flip Williams reveal
    Deadpool update
    Toy Story Vs Wonka release
    Keith Vs Zach
    Papa Championship video
    Flipper rebuild comp
    This week

#453 5 years ago

Thanks for having me on, it was fun. Sorry to any Champion Pub fans, I was probably a bit harsh on that one.

#454 5 years ago

Thanks for coming on!!

#455 5 years ago

The ACDC gimmick is Elvis rehash. If stuff is not ball interacting, it is not toys to me. But gimmicks.

Worse toy ever - by a landslide - Rescue 911.

#456 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Thanks for having me on, it was fun. Sorry to any Champion Pub fans, I was probably a bit harsh on that one.

All good Dennis

Thanks H2H for teeing up another champion of Pinball

I really appreciate relaxed, fun, incitive and open talk about pinball.

10/10

Really cool

Keep rockin' it guys

#457 5 years ago

Gotta say, @martymainframe, was refreshing to hear your honest take on Iron Maiden. For me, that’s the biggest drawback on that game. I couldn’t have that in my home. Would drive me to crazy town

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Gotta say, martymainframe, was refreshing to hear your honest take on Iron Maiden. For me, that’s the biggest drawback on that game. I couldn’t have that in my home. Would drive me to crazy town

Marty doesn’t like the music?!?! Grab your pitchforks!!!!! Oh wait, wrong show haha.

Love that Dennis was on this episode. Very entertaining and love tuning in every Monday.

#459 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Marty doesn’t like the music?!?! Grab your pitchforks!!!!! Oh wait, wrong show haha.
    Love that Dennis was on this episode. Very entertaining and love tuning in every Monday.

Martin waited 1~2 months for all of the hate to dissipate. You can take all the heat and we can just slide in the opinions late.

Coming in about 2 months from now is our 2 out of 5 star Deadpool review.

Quoted from soren:

The ACDC gimmick is Elvis rehash. If stuff is not ball interacting, it is not toys to me. But gimmicks.
    Worse toy ever - by a landslide - Rescue 911.

How about something like Woz spinning house?
    No interaction but surely its more of a toy than a gimmick?

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Yeah, that definitely made me wanna smack you. Champion Pub is an excellent and fun game, a nice change of pace from the flow-hoe tourney-nerd math-chess zero-features boredom of new games. I've been thinking of whittling down my collection & not buying any more pins, and just the other day someone offered me a Champ Pub and I'm really thinking about it. It's Punch-Out: The Pinball. Very cool, very unique, excellent features and design.

#461 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that definitely made me wanna smack you. Champion Pub is an excellent and fun game, a nice change of pace from the flow-hoe tourney-nerd math-chess zero-features boredom of new games. I've been thinking of whittling down my collection & not buying any more pins, and just the other day someone offered me a Champ Pub and I'm really thinking about it. It's Punch-Out: The Pinball. Very cool, very unique, excellent features and design.

Sure....
    but those C grade call outs.....
    and the rules....
    The repetitive nature of the game....
    and the in your face DS light show....

#462 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that definitely made me wanna smack you. Champion Pub is an excellent and fun game, a nice change of pace from the flow-hoe tourney-nerd math-chess zero-features boredom of new games.

My EGP co-host Tony likes Champion Pub quite a bit. I might put in a mouth-guard before we next record... just in case.

FHTNMCZFB would be a great acronym for describing tactically intense scoring strategy games, though I'd really need to buy a vowel or two in order to pronounce it.

#463 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Sure....
    but those C grade call outs.....
    and the rules....
    The repetitive nature of the game....
    and the in your face DS light show....

Call outs are perfect for the theme.
    Rules are perfect for the theme and layout (train & fight).
    All games can be repetitive...a pinball box is finite - but if it's unique & addicting & fun, that's all I want out of a great pinball machine.
    Why is there a Nintendo DS in your Champ pub?

#464 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Call outs are perfect for the theme.
    Rules are perfect for the theme and layout (train & fight).
    All games can be repetitive...a pinball box is finite - but if it's unique & addicting & fun, that's all I want out of a great pinball machine.
    Why is there a Nintendo DS in your Champ pub?

Can’t agree more with this!

#465 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

How about something like Woz spinning house?
    No interaction but surely its more of a toy than a gimmick?

The spinning house, and the witch for that matter, are toys. So is Sparky. Not sure about the Cross om Met, though. And what is the conceptual difference between the witch and the cross? Hmm. The cross seems or like mechanical special effects.

#466 5 years ago

Speaking of toys. Do you guys find it a little weird that the coolest interactive/mechanical features on a pinball machine are called “toys?”

Sounds so odd if you think about it. Even odder when you use that lingo with a non-pinhead. There’s gotta be a better term!!

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Speaking of toys. Do you guys find it a little weird that the coolest interactive/mechanical features on a pinball machine are called “toys?”
    Sounds so odd if you think about it. Even odder when you use that lingo with a non-pinhead. There’s gotta be a better term!!

Good point.................................................

My vote is for Gimcrack ! WTF is that, lol

whimwham is fun

toy Synonyms
    toy
    n.

Something designed for amusement

game, plaything, pastime; see doll, game 1.

Toys include: dolls, games, teddy bears, stuffed animals, rattles, puppets, kites, balls, toy weapons, blocks, puzzles, jacks, yo-yos, tops, skipping ropes, model cars, trains, planes, etc., bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, ice skates, rollerblades, marbles, skateboards, hobby horses, Legos (trademark), jack-in-the-box, hula hoop, Frisbee (trademark).

Anything trivial

foolishness, trifle, frippery, plaything, trinket, gadget, trumpery, stuff, triviality, bauble, knicknack, gimcrack*, whimwham*, gewgaw*; see also trinket.

#468 5 years ago

Marty, I promise to get a haircut okay

#469 5 years ago

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/music/

Allrightythen, excuse me for being a little pissy again !

sacrilege

will follow up with Slayer later

#470 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Good point.................................................
    My vote is for Gimcrack ! WTF is that, lol
    whimwham is fun
    toy Synonyms
    toy
    n.
    Something designed for amusement
    game, plaything, pastime; see doll, game 1.
    Toys include: dolls, games, teddy bears, stuffed animals, rattles, puppets, kites, balls, toy weapons, blocks, puzzles, jacks, yo-yos, tops, skipping ropes, model cars, trains, planes, etc., bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, ice skates, rollerblades, marbles, skateboards, hobby horses, Legos (trademark), jack-in-the-box, hula hoop, Frisbee (trademark).
    Anything trivial
    foolishness, trifle, frippery, plaything, trinket, gadget, trumpery, stuff, triviality, bauble, knicknack, gimcrack*, whimwham*, gewgaw*; see also trinket.

Seems like "Mech" is a much cooler alternative.

#471 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Gotta say, martymainframe, was refreshing to hear your honest take on Iron Maiden. For me, that’s the biggest drawback on that game. I couldn’t have that in my home. Would drive me to crazy town

Perhaps the problem is that you're not embracing the music enough. Instead of avoiding the music, crank it up a notch!

Try Adjustments->Game->Music Attenuation = -25
    This rocks and gets rid of the annoying tendency at stock levels for the callouts to dampen the music.

If that doesn't work for you after a solid try then Music Attenuation = 60 will remove the music from the equation whilst keeping the callouts and sound effects.

It's got be loud too, like volume: 40 with an external sub loud.

#472 5 years ago

Enjoyed listening to Dennis’s take on market trends. It was well written and delivered with a heavy hand of sarcasm. I could listen to that on a recurring basis.

#473 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Perhaps the problem is that you're not embracing the music enough. Instead of avoiding the music, crank it up a notch!
    Try Adjustments->Game->Music Attenuation = -25
    This rocks and gets rid of the annoying tendency at stock levels for the callouts to dampen the music.
    If that doesn't work for you after a solid try then Music Attenuation = 60 will remove the music from the equation whilst keeping the callouts and sound effects.
    It's got be loud too, like volume: 40 with an external sub loud.

Appreciate the sentiments, but you're obviously are missing the point. My ears say the band sucks. I literally want them out of ears.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Appreciate the sentiments, but you're obviously are missing the point. My ears say the band sucks. I literally want them out of ears.

You don't listen to Maiden through your "ears", you feel them in your bones. It's meant to be loud. You know the old saying "If you can't play good, as least play loud" right?

#475 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:Enjoyed listening to Dennis’s take on market trends. It was well written and delivered with a heavy hand of sarcasm. I could listen to that on a recurring basis.

Are you saying we should permanently steal that segment?

Jeff would love that

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Jeff would love that

I had to LOL at Dennis’ pickup that some Pinsiders said TNAs value had crashed and it wasn’t popular anymore because it is now advertised for $5900 - $6000 - the same price you can buy a new one for ....

Ohhhh Pinside

rd

#477 5 years ago

Champion Pub is hilarious. It's not perfect but those late W/B games knew how to do humor spot on.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Been saying this for years; it's awfull.

#478 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Jeff would love that

Instead of market trends.... how about market trends with attitude?

Quoted from rotordave:

I had to LOL at Dennis’ pickup that some Pinsiders said TNAs value had crashed and it wasn’t popular anymore because it is now advertised for $5900 - $6000 - the same price you can buy a new one for ....
    Ohhhh Pinside
    rd

... constant complaints by preorder flippers of wood screws being used where there should be machine screws. very subtle, but once you catch the humor it leaves you grinning.

#479 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Ohhhh Pinside
    rd

Pinside is my only touchstone for current-event relevance in pinball. I had no choice but to exploit the words it provided. No choice!

#480 5 years ago

Episode 61 -

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/09/24/episode-61-bags-of-news-pinstadium/

New WOZ version
    Monkey mod coming
    Scott from Pinstadium
    Pinstadium origins
    Orion’s belt
    Pincadia is back
    Expo will be big
    NDA Ned returns
    Head2Head Patreon
    Twerpys are coming
    Social Media watch
    Slam the top 100
    Big Game
    Tournament fail
    Whilrwind GI issues
    Martin plays Deadpool
    BattlePin + Airplane
    Mailbag

We have a Patreon now if you want to be apart of that - https://www.patreon.com/head2headpinball

Website - http://www.head2headpinball.com/
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/head2headpinball
    Insta - https://www.instagram.com/head2headpinball/
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/melbournesilverballleague
    ITunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/head2head-pinball/id1263342244
    Email - [email protected]

1 week later
    #481 5 years ago

Episode 62 - http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/10/01/episode-62-roger-sharpe/

Pinball in the 70s
    The progression of females in pinball
    Why did pinball go away?
    Pinball trends and TNA
    Resurgence of original themes
    Pin2000: Desperation and necessity
    Pre-order business model
    Progression of pinball and P3
    Getting kids into pinball
    Batman 0.95 Code
    Haggis Pinball
    Pinball Expo Roving reporter
    Head2Head Patreon
    Chrisco hampers!
    Melbourne Matchplay
    Gritty - Brian Allen
    Keith Vs Zach
    Best gameroom ever
    PinSlam
    Battle Pin - Modern day  Joust
    Paragon destroys everyone
    How do you make Addams fun?
    Martins buys a machine!!!!
    Martin's voice on Houdini Stream
    Slam Tilt rip off

We have a Patreon now if you want to be apart of that - https://www.patreon.com/head2headpinball

Roger Sharpe (resized).jpgRoger Sharpe (resized).jpg
    #482 5 years ago

I get an error when I go to link. Also not showing up on main page

#483 5 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I get an error when I go to link. Also not showing up on main page

All good now, I uploaded the post a little before Martin had uploaded the podcast

#484 5 years ago

Love the artwork for this one!! Hahaha, that is great.

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

All good now, I uploaded the post a little before Martin had uploaded the podcast

Listening now. Love the show. Thanks!

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Love the artwork for this one!! Hahaha, that is great.

I can't take credit for it, it was on Keith Elwins facebook page a couple of years ago and I asked him permission.
    Would look great on a Tshirt!

#487 5 years ago

Joel is on here under the Lastgamer pinside account. Most pinsiders would be very interested to hear a livestream from his place.

Other "forums" not so much.....

xxx (resized).pngxxx (resized).png

I'm sure Chrisco subscribers and ozbargain users would overlap very well in a Venn diagram though I doubt a $7000 pinball machine would.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/360251

Paying retail is not a bargain and paying over retail is a chump's game.

#488 5 years ago

I understand that financing certain purchases attracts a higher rate/surcharge - still can't get my head around the Xmas hamper + pinball concept.

#489 5 years ago

Random information on Chrisco ...

It was founded in the UK in the late 70s, but the owners moved to NZ in 1980 and started it up here.

Do you guys have Christmas Clubs at the supermarkets in aussie? Where you give the supermarket $10 a week and then you have $500 saved up for Xmas?

Chrisco was sorta like that - except you got the hamper of stuff delivered.

Chrisco was critisised because they targeted the vulnerable bottom end of the market ... when you worked out the cost of the items in the hamper, they could have been bought for half the price at the supermarket.

However - the business was very successful, as witnessed by the Chrisco founders house, which sold recently for $32,500,000 NZD.

The Chrisco founders now live in Sydney.

rd

A459FED7-5534-4F2B-993A-5381A7817685 (resized).jpegA459FED7-5534-4F2B-993A-5381A7817685 (resized).jpeg
    #490 5 years ago

Interesting history on the Coatesville mansion above -

Kim Dotcom ran his mega download website operations from there for a number of years leasing it from the Chrisco founders until he got raided and arrested by the NZ constabulary for piracy and copyright infringement at the behest of the US Government.

Now owned by the Mowbray siblings of the Zuru toys empire.

RD - have to be up there as one of NZ's most expensive private residences?

#491 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

RD - have to be up there as one of NZ's most expensive private residences?

Yes, it is the most expensive residence.

Dotcom lived there after he fled Europe when the feds were chasing him. He’s still here, he lives in an apartment not far from me. We see him around every now and again.

rd

#492 5 years ago
    Quoted from Martymainframe:

I understand that financing certain purchases attracts a higher rate/surcharge - still can't get my head around the Xmas hamper + pinball concept.

Free pinball machine with a $7,000 hamper with gin in it?

#493 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Free pinball machine with a $7,000 hamper with gin in it?

Now THAT I get.

#494 5 years ago

Episode 63 - http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/10/08/episode-63-roger-sharpe-tried-to-save-pinball-twice

Roger on Pinball licensing
    Williams 90's Beatles machine
    Sigourney Weaver absence on Alien
    CGC and remake possibilities
    Original themes in modern pinball
    Pinball market trends
    Roger tried to save pinball TWICE
    Monster Bash topper
    Deeproot Tour
    Oktoberfest - Nirmal Interview
    Beatles Pinball rumours 
    Stern of the Union
    Pinball Magazine #5
    Custom Pinball Machine
    Patreon Giveaway
    PinSlam 
    Super Secret Comp
    Martin gets LOTR
    Quicksilver progress
    Cutting your own playfield protector
    Melbourne Matchplay this weekend
    Mailbag

Roger Sharpe - Episode 63 (resized).jpgRoger Sharpe - Episode 63 (resized).jpg

#495 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Episode 63 - http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/10/08/episode-63-roger-sharpe-tried-to-save-pinball-twice
    Roger on Pinball licensing
    Williams 90's Beatles machine
    Sigourney Weaver absence on Alien
    CGC and remake possibilities
    Original themes in modern pinball
    Pinball market trends
    Roger tried to save pinball TWICE
    Monster Bash topper
    Deeproot Tour
    Oktoberfest - Nirmal Interview
    Beatles Pinball rumours 
    Stern of the Union
    Pinball Magazine #5
    Custom Pinball Machine
    Patreon Giveaway
    PinSlam 
    Super Secret Comp
    Martin gets LOTR
    Quicksilver progress
    Cutting your own playfield protector
    Melbourne Matchplay this weekend
    Mailbag
    [quoted image]

Your two part Roger Sharp interview was soooo loooong. How long was it? Long enough for Marty to fall asleep for an hour.

And I enjoyed every minute. He shared some really good knowledge and many good stories.

#496 5 years ago

I enjoyed listening back to the hour I missed.

#497 5 years ago

The price I was told to buy the entire rights from wms was 10 million.

I am sure they would still be interested today, but you would only be buying the rights to use Williams branding now

#498 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

The price I was told to buy the entire rights from wms was 10 million.
    I am sure they would still be interested today, but you would only be buying the rights to use Williams branding now

I guess what made Williams pinball was the people. Unless you can get them all back a rewind the clock.....

#499 5 years ago

Great discussion with Roger, guys. Really enjoyed the episode.

#500 5 years ago

Very very good Roger Sharpe interview!

There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-pinball-podcast-new-australian-podcast/page/10?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.