Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BENETNATH
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

werkbank (resized).JPG
    router (resized).jpg
    hotairgun (resized).jpg
    drillingmachine (resized).jpg
    grinder (resized).jpg
    circlesaw (resized).jpg
    Tragespuren (resized).jpg
    Schrank (resized).jpg
    Aufgeräumt (resized).jpg
    NeuerRaum (resized).JPG
    20200128_182253 (resized).jpg
    20200128_182237 (resized).jpg
    20200128_182206 (resized).jpg
    Engel2 (resized).jpg
    Dämon (resized).jpg
    Lackieren (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norftok.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

Hi there,

I will try to give your some more information, what we are doing on this machine in the future.

At the Moment we are solving just little things:

First we have a new place to build this machine. It is a cellar with 70 m². So that is so much space that I am thinking of buying a new machine just for playing

We changed also some cables in the cabinet and connected the lights of the start button.

To avoid that the ball can lie down between both playfields, I created a kind of barrier. This is made within a few steps:

1. Create a CAD:
    Barriere (resized).JPGBarriere (resized).JPG

2. Print it on paper to see if it fits.

3. Use a online service to laser it:
    BarriereRL (resized).JPGBarriereRL (resized).JPG

4. Install it:
    BarriereEingebaut (resized).JPGBarriereEingebaut (resized).JPG

I guess it look pretty nice, because it is so clear that you nearly don't recognize it.

I hope some of you are interested. Best regards
    Philipp
    BarriereEingebaut (resized).JPGBarriereEingebaut (resized).JPGBarriereEingebaut (resized).JPGBarriereEingebaut (resized).JPG

8 months later
    #18 4 years ago

Hey,

José del Nido made some illustration for us.

I created now new graphics for our cabinet and new scorecards too.

If you want to know more about José, please have a look at his site: http://josedelnido.com/

I really love his artwork and it was fun to work with him.

It was really a long time since I wrote here, but I want to do better in the future

KabinettGvE (resized).JPGKabinettGvE (resized).JPGScoreCards (resized).JPGScoreCards (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #19 4 years ago

We move forward slowly

We want to pimp our playfield a little. At the moment they have a sticker only.

So two cans of paint and silicone remover are bought.

By now I was at my print shop of trust. They also print directly on wood, so I think about approaching it as follows:

1. Only remove the parts of the playfields and sand them again (sandpaper and a grinder are now also bought)
    2. Then print directly on wood. For this I will do a trial print in advance. Then we can see if the quality is good enough or if we have to prime or have to paint before
    3. Then paint with the cans or, depending on the price, give it to a paint shop.

Hopefully some more news before next year

Lackieren (resized).JPGLackieren (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #20 4 years ago

Jason Rowlett (http://www.jrowlettdesign.com/) creates action figures. Here is his try to convert our pixel graphics in real action figures.

Dämon (resized).jpgDämon (resized).jpgEngel2 (resized).jpgEngel2 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #21 4 years ago

Now we printed directly on wood without priming or sanding. The result is acceptable, but I hope for better result for the final version. Then we will prime and sand the wood before printing.

20200128_182206 (resized).jpg20200128_182206 (resized).jpg20200128_182237 (resized).jpg20200128_182237 (resized).jpg20200128_182253 (resized).jpg20200128_182253 (resized).jpg
    5 months later
    #32 3 years ago

Wow, it's been a long time since the last update

I've moved to another flat. The pinball got a new home as well. The rented cellar is gone, but the GvE is now directly in my apartment. Unfortunately, we are reducing from 65 m² to 12 m². Everything has to be a bit more compact, but no rent and bad air of the cellar anymore.

Corona and the contact ban also let the project fall asleep. Oh yes, and the new room still serves as a storage room for moving boxes !!!

Next there is a small project that I want to finish first. Doesn't really have anything to do with our hobby, but I will report when I'm ready.

BUT: Then we will continue !!!

Stay healthy and best regards
    norftok

NeuerRaum (resized).JPGNeuerRaum (resized).JPG
    #33 3 years ago

@jaytrem:
    I really like your idea. I'm comfortable with the Diamond Head and Metallica music. But the Handel's Messiah is very exhausting when I listen to it for a while.

Sound and DMD graphics will be a lot of work. And Jan and I are not the most enthusiastic ones for that. So in the end this will be a stopgap solution

#34 3 years ago

I cleaned up a bit:

Aufgeräumt (resized).jpgAufgeräumt (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #35 3 years ago

We really have a lot of small stuff to store. That's why I bought a 130 kilogram board.

My brother helped me, but unfortunately the transport left its mark.

BR
    norfi

Schrank (resized).jpgSchrank (resized).jpgTragespuren (resized).jpgTragespuren (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #36 3 years ago

I bought a workbench and some stuff for future woodworks

circlesaw (resized).jpgcirclesaw (resized).jpgdrillingmachine (resized).jpgdrillingmachine (resized).jpggrinder (resized).jpggrinder (resized).jpghotairgun (resized).jpghotairgun (resized).jpgrouter (resized).jpgrouter (resized).jpgwerkbank (resized).JPGwerkbank (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norftok.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head2head-custom-pinball-machine-good-vs-evil?tu=norftok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.