jaws (resized).JPG
1513101488739.gif
IMG_9457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9702 (resized).jpeg
20230718_105530 (resized).jpg
download.gif
IMG_0556 (resized).png
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 1 year ago

Rumor has it that He-Man pinball is coming soon!
Was this a big nostalgic in demand theme for you?
Maybe so!
I do know it was rebooted a few times since the 80’s so maybe it is a hot license again.
What are your thoughts?
B4AC9742-A3EF-46ED-A7D2-1638231B405B (resized).jpegB4AC9742-A3EF-46ED-A7D2-1638231B405B (resized).jpegF2463F33-F208-405F-AD6C-F70F2F9A2748 (resized).jpegF2463F33-F208-405F-AD6C-F70F2F9A2748 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

I hope the unbearable shame of creating such a ridiculous pin becomes clear to everyone very quickly… so I don’t have to keep hearing about it.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I hope the unbearable shame of creating such a ridiculous pin becomes clear to everyone very quickly… so I don’t have to keep hearing about it.

Maybe a new gen of rabid He-Man fans exist?
If I recall a kid down the block had the the whole castle thing and a Man-E -Faces.
That’s all I remember.

205A7B49-DE5A-4F09-8E15-A9C19D5D0A00 (resized).jpeg205A7B49-DE5A-4F09-8E15-A9C19D5D0A00 (resized).jpeg

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

He-Man Pinball - Are you in or out?

Out.

Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man has no appeal whatsoever as a pinball game theme for me.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe a new gen of rabid He-Man fans exist?
[quoted image]

Good gods I hope not… the humanity…

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Myaaah to you

#7 1 year ago

I'm a MOTU fan and the theme has huge potential

Shame some others can't be more positive. Perhaps they want another pin based on some geriatric gits farting on a snare drum

#8 1 year ago

Meh. I loved He-Man as a kid. As a 42 year old man, next month, pass.

A really cool theme would be "Let's get prices under control so there's a solid balance of price paid for fun had."

I'd buy at least 3.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Perhaps they want another pin based on some geriatric gits farting on a snare drum

Nice perspective!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I'm a MOTU fan and the theme has huge potential
Shame some others can't be more positive. Perhaps they want another pin based on some geriatric gits farting on a snare drum

Pink Floyd will sell millions! BILLIONS

#12 1 year ago

52 here, totally NOT into He-Man as a kid (Transformers fan all the way)... but I totally think the theme could be super cool.

Rumor has it that it lines up with Borg's spot in the rotation. Given he tends to recycle his own designs, here's my spitball prediction;

MOTU layout similar to Walking Dead, with Castle Greyskull instead of the barn. I'd enjoy it wayyyy more than the drab theme of TWD.

Bring on the cheesy fun!

Later,
EV

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Pink Floyd will sell millions! BILLIONS

Hopefully prices have hit The Wall!

#14 1 year ago

Lol I guess your sarcasm detector is on the fritz today

I've owned multiple band related pins

#15 1 year ago

I'll buy almost any machine that plays great.

But possibly top 3 worst Stern theme. I can't decide whether it would edge TMNT out...but i actually liked He Man
Edit: when i was like 6

#16 1 year ago

I think He Man would be a cool theme and something other than a music band is good. Can think of other themes like Jaws, ET, The Goonies, Die Hard prob a bunch of others

#17 1 year ago

For me, He Man is one of the three iconic cartoons from when I was a kid. (He Man, GI Joe, and Transformers). Very excited!

#18 1 year ago

A He-Man / Fish Tales mashup would do well.

Master Baiters of the Universe

#19 1 year ago

I just can't get into these themes that are meant to appeal to 8 year old Crazy Levi.

This, TMNT, Scooby Doo comes to mind...I'd be frankly embarrassed to display something like this in 48-year old Crazy Levi's home.

Yeah yeah yeah, I understand that I have to own all the rock bands I loved as a teenager pins, but that's just a little different. I think it's fair to establish a line at before and after puberty when it comes to my tolerance for childish themes.

It was fun being a little kid sometimes, from what I remember...but those days are long, long, long gone. Do I really want to get nostalgic for a time when I showered maybe once a week and took a school bus to "work" every day, and my "pay" (allowance) was $5 a week? I'd like to think I've moved past that stuff.

Let's establish some standards here folks! For the good of the community and our own mental well-being! I don't need a Speed Racer game in my house, and neither do you!

#20 1 year ago

The ceo of Mattel wants to do a live action He-man movie , as well as others. If the Barbie movie makes a big profit, He-man could happen. You never know after that with regards to pinball machine.

#21 1 year ago

Please no. Even as a kid in the 80's it felt like this cartoon was just a lame commercial. Far better 80's nostalgia options are out there than this.

#22 1 year ago

I vote for Pee Wee’s Playhouse.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I vote for Pee Wee’s Playhouse.

There was a leaked picture which confirms that this is coming from JJP

#24 1 year ago

If it leaned into being super cheesy like the original cartoon, then yes. The music in the cartoon was amazing. Lean into that Filmation cheese - it could be super hilarious and fun. If it takes itself too seriously like the versions that came later, not so much.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

The ceo of Mattel wants to do a live action He-man movie , as well as others. If the Barbie movie makes a big profit, He-man could happen. You never know after that with regards to pinball machine.

That CEO needs to go. And if we ever see a Barbie machine, the pinball CEO needs to go too

#26 1 year ago

No, but I’m in on Sesame Street or Teletubbies.

#27 1 year ago

When I was young I had a phase where I was really into He-man. I had a ton of the toys, castle greyskull, ect. I kinda outgrew that and never really had a bunch of nostalgia for it. I think its a decent theme though, just not an instant buy on theme alone. My excitement for the game will largely depend on if they include the He-man version of "whats going on" or not.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just can't get into these themes that are meant to appeal to 8 year old Crazy Levi.
This, TMNT, Scooby Doo comes to mind...I'd be frankly embarrassed to display something like this in 48-year old Crazy Levi's home.
Yeah yeah yeah, I understand that I have to own all the rock bands I loved as a teenager pins, but that's just a little different. I think it's fair to establish a line at before and after puberty when it comes to my tolerance for childish themes.
It was fun being a little kid sometimes, from what I remember...but those days are long, long, long gone. Do I really want to get nostalgic for a time when I showered maybe once a week and took a school bus to "work" every day, and my "pay" (allowance) was $5 a week? I'd like to think I've moved past that stuff.
Let's establish some standards here folks! For the good of the community and our own mental well-being! I don't need a Speed Racer game in my house, and neither do you!

Totally agree! I personally would be embarrassed to have some these immature titles on display at home. Most of us stopped watching cartoons at age 10 and never looked back.

#29 1 year ago

out.
It´s a kiddie theme and a bad one at that.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Totally agree! I personally would be embarrassed to have some these immature titles on display at home. Most of us stopped watching cartoons at age 10 and never looked back.

So manly

#31 1 year ago
7su0mr (resized).jpg7su0mr (resized).jpg
#32 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

55D983FE-97B3-4B6D-A655-B515EC8C76C0.gif55D983FE-97B3-4B6D-A655-B515EC8C76C0.gif

#33 1 year ago

I hope they have a Fisto shooter knob

#34 1 year ago

lol

7su1z6 (resized).jpg7su1z6 (resized).jpg
#35 1 year ago

Fisto fisting multiball!

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

lol
[quoted image]

Naw. No interest in Harry Potter either.

#37 1 year ago

You can't meme your way into convincing me a He-Man game belongs in an adult man's house.

Every theme gets its own consideration and the whataboutism doesn't really sway me on this one.

But hey, if you want a Go-bots, He-Man, or Teddy Ruxpin pin in your home, knock yourselves out. It's a free hobby!

Lace up your velcro shoes, throw on your OP shorts, have your mom pack up your Fall Guy lunchbox, and take the school bus to your distro and make it happen!

#38 1 year ago

Fall Guy lunch box...lol

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can't meme your way into convincing me a He-Man game belongs in an adult man's house.
Every theme gets its own consideration and the whataboutism doesn't really sway me on this one.
But hey, if you want a Go-bots, He-Man, or Teddy Ruxpin pin in your home, knock yourselves out. It's a free hobby!
Lace up your velcro shoes, throw on your OP shorts, have your mom pack up your Fall Guy lunchbox, and take the school bus to your distro and make it happen!

I'm sure you will get your Gratetful Dead pin soon

#40 1 year ago

I'm sure you will get your Gratetful Dead pin soon

It's all about what you are nostalgic for.

Are you nostalgic for the days when you discovering partying, dating, driving, and freedom, while also dipping your toes into the many responsibilities of adulthood?

Or do you more fondly pine for the days when you had a parental enforced bedtime, still played with dolls, and maybe even had a "blankey?"

Or do you have zero use for living in the past at all, and are desperately waiting on that Rhianna pin?

Nostalgia means different things for different folks.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's all about what you are nostalgic for.
Are you nostalgic for the days when you discovering partying, dating, driving, and freedom, while also dipping your toes into the many responsibilities of adulthood?
Or do you more fondly pine for the days when you had a parental enforced bedtime, still played with dolls, and maybe even had a "blankey?"
Or do you have zero use for living in the past at all, and are desperately waiting on that Rhianna pin?
Nostalgia means different things for different folks.

I never stopped playing with dolls

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just cause you hit puberty and were getting stiffies at the Winger concert doesn't make it acceptable to own every rock band pin either

iJ7-Gs3Y_400x400 (resized).jpgiJ7-Gs3Y_400x400 (resized).jpg
#43 1 year ago

I never stopped playing with dolls

That's adorable!

I remember when my mom told me she'd given all my star wars toys to the 8 year old next door. I had pangs of sadness, but also realized I was 16, hadn't touched those things in years, and had a license so I could drive our 10 year old brown Malibu station wagon (we named it The Turd) to Waxie Maxie's and go buy the new Ozzy CD.

WHERE'S MY OZZY PIN!?!?!?

#44 1 year ago

Another B grade theme?

feeabee9-270d-48ff-a6df-4c53cb5990e9_text.giffeeabee9-270d-48ff-a6df-4c53cb5990e9_text.gif

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He Man - no . But I’d be in on Speed Racer if it was done well !

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another B grade theme?
[quoted image]

This is the Next Stern thread wanting the Ghostbusters VE

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

The ceo of Mattel wants to do a live action He-man

This movie had a soft start a year and a half ago in ABQ,NM. They had space at the Netflix Studios there an Art Department and other Production staff. It was folded and shelved after 2 months.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Just cause you hit puberty and were getting stiffies at the Winger concert doesn't make it acceptable to own every rock band pin either [quoted image]

Rock pins are a bit different. I don't really associate them with the same kind of nostalgia that say a He-Man pin would bring. He-Man, GI-Joe, and quite frankly Star Wars is a certain time, say ages 7-10 in one's life. Rock music, at least for me, is an ever present force that I like just as much as an adult as I did as a kid. And there's so much of it, that even when it gets "old" to you, you just leave it for a while. You'll circle back sooner or later. Beatles and Stones are the foundation. Currently in a Yes phase, and probably Black Sabbath next (knowing my pattern). Even though I "discovered" all these bands as a kid, they're not "kiddie" bands, per se. And the enjoyment can last a lifetime with no embarrassment.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Fall Guy lunch box...lol

ive got one in my lb collection..hahaha

#50 1 year ago

You guys ever go back and watch these old Saturday morning cartoons? They're terrible. The absolute worst. This sort of thing just needs to be left in the past. How can you even begin to compare He-Man to Harry Potter? I'm not a fan of either but Harry Potter has a whole series of extremely popular books, blockbuster movies, theme parks, merchandise, and all that. Just look at TMNT. They had movies and plenty of merchandizing. Pin had good talent and was fun to play. It still sold poorly both new and used. Why in the world would you even consider doing a pin with less appeal?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.