(Topic ID: 202014)

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Pin

By pcprogrammer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“He-Man and the Masters of the Universe”

• This theme rocks - take my money now! 104 votes
      62%
    • I don't care about the theme but still might be interested if it's fun to play. 31 votes
      18%
    • Terrible idea for a pinball machine! 34 votes
      20%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside.0b964de3596fc332f376ea78dc3b4ea03639faae (resized).jpg
    MV5BNzE0NzY2NDEtNGYxNS00OWU4LWEzNjAtNmNmM2FkYTcyOGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3OTEyODI1._V1_ (resized).jpg
    CFBFB499-3EAE-4EFA-A0AD-4B4A6167E7EA (resized).jpeg
    theboys.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7032F8A9-A4B6-481B-A259-499D82B8A9C4 (resized).jpeg
    2B79F45D-CB47-41E8-AE23-EE8703374BF0 (resized).jpeg
    6FFBFA95-7A30-4852-A2BA-C6AFB568C87C (resized).jpeg
    5C38D45C-E31C-4B37-AE06-700E48A30892 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    DRbUHiAX0AAOJKp (resized).jpg
    33868881555_aa4e7e437f_o-1-674x1024 (resized).png
    Battle-Cat-Artbook-Max-1024x605 (resized).png
    Castle-Grayskull-highest-resolution-cleaned-up-color-edit2-1024x683 (resized).jpg
    F1466F4E-A827-4254-986E-48B4476A8069 (resized).jpeg
    FD912586-5331-4F4A-A0AE-F0D8763D4472 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago

What do Orko, Cousin Oliver and the great Gazoo have in common?

p (resized).jpgp (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Crazy, I just got these out of the attic yesterday! Gonna give them to my 80s - obsessed nephew. I could get into a He Man pin for sure!

Some of those toys came out before the character hit the show. Trap-Jaw, Man-e-faces and beelzeboob 's favorite - FISTO

p (resized).jpgp (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

He-Man was a show designed specifically to sell a line of toys.

Total market show. And there is no real creativity. The damn names alone - He-Man, Battle Cat, Skeletor, Man-At-Arm . . . come-on.

At the end of the shows Prince Adam would stand there and tell you what he learned that day. I feel it was the inspiration for Kyle giving those speeches at the end of South Park episodes.

What I can't figure is why I saw this show. I was an adult already, well, kind of.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Your way over analyzing things, just like everything on pinside gets over analyzed. They were toys, I was a kid, I had fun with them, I used my imagination. Every toy that ever gets created gets marketed, they want to sell it. The shows were ok, the toys were better.

And as a life long programmer, I over analyze everything. But that is just it, why did I see this and remember this show? I did not collect the toys. Even since youth my brother and I did not "play with dolls" (as my father called them). So I had no interest in that kind of toy or "action figures" in general. Not even the G.I. Joe stuff from my era.

When this show came out I had an associates degree, working on my Bachelors, and was working in VLSI chip design with ITT. Yet I remember 80s cartoons like He-Man, Thundercats, Danger Mouse, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck . . .

When I was reading this thread last night the girlfriend sees the thread and shouts "She-Ra".

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sorry.....but I had to post this. lol
    » YouTube video

Never saw this before. Freaking funny. People can be so creative. It is a lot more creative that the Gieco commercial.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-pin?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.