Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by ChuckRock
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“He-Man and the Masters of the Universe”

• This theme rocks - take my money now! 106 votes
      61%
    • I don't care about the theme but still might be interested if it's fun to play. 34 votes
      20%
    • Terrible idea for a pinball machine! 34 votes
      20%

(174 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1968 (resized).jpeg
    pinside.0b964de3596fc332f376ea78dc3b4ea03639faae (resized).jpg
    MV5BNzE0NzY2NDEtNGYxNS00OWU4LWEzNjAtNmNmM2FkYTcyOGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3OTEyODI1._V1_ (resized).jpg
    CFBFB499-3EAE-4EFA-A0AD-4B4A6167E7EA (resized).jpeg
    theboys.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7032F8A9-A4B6-481B-A259-499D82B8A9C4 (resized).jpeg
    2B79F45D-CB47-41E8-AE23-EE8703374BF0 (resized).jpeg
    6FFBFA95-7A30-4852-A2BA-C6AFB568C87C (resized).jpeg
    5C38D45C-E31C-4B37-AE06-700E48A30892 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    DRbUHiAX0AAOJKp (resized).jpg
    33868881555_aa4e7e437f_o-1-674x1024 (resized).png
    Battle-Cat-Artbook-Max-1024x605 (resized).png
    Castle-Grayskull-highest-resolution-cleaned-up-color-edit2-1024x683 (resized).jpg
    F1466F4E-A827-4254-986E-48B4476A8069 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

From what we gather, Mattel is guarding the license like some coveted jewel. Hopefully Stern or JJP can provide a compelling reason (and $$) to obtain the license from them (fingers always crossed).

Mattel has few product lines that were as successful as He-Man, and they are currently pumping MOTU to adults who had the toys as kids, but at $100 price points for “ultimate” versions. Same with Transformers and Hasbro. Well, the transformers are $200...

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Might get some attention when the Masters of the Universe movie finally comes out, whenever that is. It's been in development hell for over a decade, but last I heard David Goyer (The Nolan Batman Triolgy) was doing a rewrite. I still haven't heard any casting news, so I'm sure this is still a ways off. Casting He-Man would be incredibly difficult IMO. Get a guy who actually looks the part, not The Rock if you know what I mean.
    There are some pretty cool fan movies on YouTube though. And Super7 actually has the rights to make MOTU toys, not Mattel. They are currently doing preorders for an updated vintage 5.5 inch figure line on card backs. Incredibly fricking cool. Hope they release all the fan favorites eventually.
    https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/current-pre-order

LOL I would 100% see that movie starring the Rock in a crazy blonde wig

Edit: I didn’t realise they had closed MattyCollector. That had some awesome stuff going for a while! The Greyskull was INCREDIBLE

3 years later
    #50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

I have a huge collection of figures and vehicles. I still collect the new ones today

I caught the new series on Netflix, which was REALLY good. Watched the whole thing in one sitting. There is also another new one aimed at little kids but haven't taken the time on that one. My kid had a big box of the original figures and playsets when he was smaller. Now he's 12 and into the Oculus headset thing for video games. craziness

10 months later
    #121 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:Have you guys actually watched any original MOTU episodes lately? Used to love it like any child of the '80s, but I played a couple clips for my kid recently, straight garbage. Just a bad show by any non-nostalgic measure. Glorified toy commercial. I could see Stern sidestepping dated low-res animation the same way they did with TMNT. Although of course we old dudes are the market, and I would enjoy the retro cheese.

Filmation was notoriously CHEAP as hell, pumping out episodes as quickly as possible with a minimum of animation cost. Pretty funny to see the same scenes over and over again in different episodes.

The new one on Netflix is actually really damn good, I sat and watched the whole thing in one sitting, couldn’t believe I did that!

4 months later
    #134 1 year ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Man, as an 80s kid, a potential He-Man table really, really strikes a chord.
    And as a pinball adult, the aesthetics of the show are tailor made for pinball greatness and killer light shows, whether you go with the Original show or the 2021 Masters of the Universe: Revelation sequel.
    Not to mention Castle Grayskull as one of the most iconic and perfect pinball sculpts of all time. As a focal point I can't imagine anything better suited.
    That said, I'm casting my vote to theme the table on Revelation. To say it's vastly more interesting and sophisticated than the 80s cartoon is an understatement. And it scratches the nostalgia itch -- it leaves nothing out that you want to see from the Original.
    Not to mention it was made in 2021. Easy availability of high-rez digital art, video, and voice assets, and the writing is vastly superior too (Kevin Smith of Clerks fame). The show has a ton of cheeky and funny zingers perfect for pinball.
    Music by Bear McCreary (Battlestar Gallactica, the Amazon LOTR, Call of Duty and God of War).
    And the choices available for callouts and clips are just wild too. The voice cast for Revelation includes Mark Hamil as Skeletor (!), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) as Teela (!), Stephen Root (King of the Hill) as Cringer, and Liam Cunningham and Lena Headey from Game of Thrones (as Man at Arms and Evil-Lyn). It's a crazy cast with killer callouts.
    Plot wise Revelation is also a ridiculously perfect setup for a pinball table. I won't drop spoilers, but suffice it to say that there's a four-way struggle for control of Castle Grayskull. For starters this perfectly sets up why Grayskull (the protagonist) would be the central target on the table, not Snake Mountain (the antagonist). Secondly, the game rules could really run with a TMNT approach of selecting from different lead characters to play, with different impacts / implementations on scoring, light shows, enemies and end-game (or string them all together for a truly epic final wizard mode). And of course all the fights with the hilarious MOTU villains could be implemented like Dead Pool, which was a very satisfying setup.
    My goodness it would be an amazing table.
    And if DeadFlip is on this... OH MY. The table could be one for... all Eternia!

Agree with all of this. That show was surprisingly great, especially season 2 where everything got crazy and picked up steam. The crybabies doing all their handwringing about the plot crack me up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-pin?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.