Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by ChuckRock
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“He-Man and the Masters of the Universe”

• This theme rocks - take my money now! 107 votes
      61%
    • I don't care about the theme but still might be interested if it's fun to play. 34 votes
      19%
    • Terrible idea for a pinball machine! 34 votes
      19%

(175 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1968 (resized).jpeg
    pinside.0b964de3596fc332f376ea78dc3b4ea03639faae (resized).jpg
    MV5BNzE0NzY2NDEtNGYxNS00OWU4LWEzNjAtNmNmM2FkYTcyOGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3OTEyODI1._V1_ (resized).jpg
    CFBFB499-3EAE-4EFA-A0AD-4B4A6167E7EA (resized).jpeg
    theboys.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7032F8A9-A4B6-481B-A259-499D82B8A9C4 (resized).jpeg
    2B79F45D-CB47-41E8-AE23-EE8703374BF0 (resized).jpeg
    6FFBFA95-7A30-4852-A2BA-C6AFB568C87C (resized).jpeg
    5C38D45C-E31C-4B37-AE06-700E48A30892 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    DRbUHiAX0AAOJKp (resized).jpg
    33868881555_aa4e7e437f_o-1-674x1024 (resized).png
    Battle-Cat-Artbook-Max-1024x605 (resized).png
    Castle-Grayskull-highest-resolution-cleaned-up-color-edit2-1024x683 (resized).jpg
    F1466F4E-A827-4254-986E-48B4476A8069 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Am I alone in this? This would be a take my money now theme. I was obsessed with these toys as a kid, I was and 80s child and had all the action figures and the cans of slime. Any chance this would ever become a pinball machine, not homebrew, a machine by Stern, JJP, Spooky or maybe even American Pinball?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Loved watching it as a kid, remember getting in trouble for calling the He-man and She-ra hotline and charging up the phone bill
    Would make an awesome pin, still not sure how i feel about the Geico commercials though.

Funny. I saw the Geico commercial then I posted this thread. Actually been thinking about this over the past few years, such a great theme for pinball - IMHO.

#8 6 years ago

Put castle Grayskull in the back just like in MM. I am torturing myself just thinking about this... Stern or JJP, please make this!

grayskull (resized).jpggrayskull (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Loved it as a kid but tried to rewatch it as a young adult and found it dull. I thought Thundercats held up better, but maybe I just chose some poor episoded to research. Still it could be made into an interesting game. Lots of characters to work with.

The show wasn't what made this special to me. Kids purchased all these toys in the 80s, then you set it all up and made your own adventures. This was back when us kids used to use our imaginations instead of relying on TV, tablets and computers.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

most people have been around enough to know that theme alone cannot make or break any game. So planning something you have never seen or played is the #1 rule in bad decisions in pinball. There can be themes you would find interesting and think it might be a good idea, but there is no way it's 100% guarantee it's going to be awesome. I've seen plenty of themes I wanted to see, just turned to shit.

True enough. But... I've also learned that an awesome, fun shooting game with a great ruleset isn't enough for me. The theme must be great also or I get sick of it. Theme comes first for me.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Totally agree. I scoured garage sales and thrift shops to find the toys. My favorite was that slim pit, despite never actually buying any slime.

I purchased so many cans of that slime as a kid. So awesome.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Had to Google this one...

Must of been an American thing?

#19 6 years ago

Anyone outside the U.S. have childhood memories of He-Man?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I do. Loved the show and agree with you it would be a great idea for a theme. The options for playfield toys would be endless. (Castle grey skull , cringer the battle cat, skeletor, orko, etc)

We would need the castle for sure. Then He-Man, Skelator, Battle Cat and Man-at-Arms.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

One of my Halloween costumes this year...what perfect timing!

Super cool.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Total market show. And there is no real creativity. The damn names alone - He-Man, Battle Cat, Skeletor, Man-At-Arm . . . come-on.
    At the end of the shows Prince Adam would stand there and tell you what he learned that day. I feel it was the inspiration for Kyle giving those speeches at the end of South Park episodes.
    What I can't figure is why I saw this show. I was an adult already, well, kind of.

Your way over analyzing things, just like everything on pinside gets over analyzed. They were toys, I was a kid, I had fun with them, I used my imagination. Every toy that ever gets created gets marketed, they want to sell it. The shows were ok, the toys were better.

8 months later
    #42 5 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Absolutely! Back in 1982/83 it was He-Man and Skeletor that caught my eye on the shelf at our local toy store. I even recall the price, $8.99, which soon became $15.99 once they proved very popular. The MOTU action figures were popular here in Australia till about 1986/87.
    We recently held a poll for a dream theme and guess what came out on top????
    Link to dream theme poll -> http://www.ausretrogamer.com/results-are-in-for-your-dream-pinball-theme/

Good to hear!

Of ALL the rumored pins that are supposed to come out in the next few years none of the themes interest me. It is very disappointing not a single company can do a Masters of the Universe pin.

3 years later
    #54 2 years ago

Theme-wise there are so many cool instant buys that never see the light of day. I don't understand why no companies have ever made a MOTU.

2 months later
    #66 2 years ago

So is this the new Kaneda rumor for a future Stern release? Does this have any credibility to it?

4 months later
    #73 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

This rumor has gone flat. Hoping it is still on the horizon from Stern.
    I just worry if they (Stern) do produce it, MOTU will get the TMNT treatment without the original cartoon/package art assets.

Kaneda has mentioned it a couple of times. One can only hope it gets made.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

Come to think of it, isn't Jack Danger working on his own unannounced game at Stern currently? If he was "what if'ing" MOTU 6 months ago.. uhhhh, I'm not saying this is it at all. But I would say that logically it COULD be on the table.
    I'm waiting on a Godzilla Premium, no plans to change that at all. But if Stern and/or JD announced a MOTU game and we had zombieyeti on the artwork I might need to see a doctor to cool me off. I would almost instantly buy this, assuming the geometry looked solid and we had some more details on the rest of the design team.
    edit. Also, not going to lie I think if you used Medievil Madness as a spirit for this game, the castle and played into that with some modern features that made it different that would be rad. Imagine a 2023 MOTU themed MM style game, castle with modern features and some different geometry. Oh my

I think the current rumor is that Jack is working on this. No evidence yet but I hope he is!

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

People must be crazy that want toy story pin nsteed of a Masters pin. I would pay alot for a masters pin if it isthw 80s version.
    Here is a picture of some of my motu collection.
    [quoted image]

I think I'd be more happy if Stern made it anyway. 9k Stern Premium is much more appealing then a 12k JJP LE considering JJP doesn't pack their pins any longer, just look under the playfield on toy story, it looks like a Stern premium now. Just lifted my Hobbit and Wonka playfields today and they are heavy and packed. If Stern could make it as fun as Godzilla I'd be very happy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-pin?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.