(Topic ID: 202014)

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Pin

By pcprogrammer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“He-Man and the Masters of the Universe”

• This theme rocks - take my money now! 104 votes
      62%
    • I don't care about the theme but still might be interested if it's fun to play. 31 votes
      18%
    • Terrible idea for a pinball machine! 34 votes
      20%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside.0b964de3596fc332f376ea78dc3b4ea03639faae (resized).jpg
    MV5BNzE0NzY2NDEtNGYxNS00OWU4LWEzNjAtNmNmM2FkYTcyOGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3OTEyODI1._V1_ (resized).jpg
    CFBFB499-3EAE-4EFA-A0AD-4B4A6167E7EA (resized).jpeg
    theboys.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7032F8A9-A4B6-481B-A259-499D82B8A9C4 (resized).jpeg
    2B79F45D-CB47-41E8-AE23-EE8703374BF0 (resized).jpeg
    6FFBFA95-7A30-4852-A2BA-C6AFB568C87C (resized).jpeg
    5C38D45C-E31C-4B37-AE06-700E48A30892 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    DRbUHiAX0AAOJKp (resized).jpg
    33868881555_aa4e7e437f_o-1-674x1024 (resized).png
    Battle-Cat-Artbook-Max-1024x605 (resized).png
    Castle-Grayskull-highest-resolution-cleaned-up-color-edit2-1024x683 (resized).jpg
    F1466F4E-A827-4254-986E-48B4476A8069 (resized).jpeg
    FD912586-5331-4F4A-A0AE-F0D8763D4472 (resized).jpeg

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m good with Stern making this. I wait patiently. If this never comes to fruition, Godzilla is my fall back.

Same

#102 1 year ago

Slime Pit Ball Lock.

7032F8A9-A4B6-481B-A259-499D82B8A9C4 (resized).jpeg7032F8A9-A4B6-481B-A259-499D82B8A9C4 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #103 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #104 1 year ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

People must be crazy that want toy story pin nsteed of a Masters pin. I would pay alot for a masters pin if it isthw 80s version.
    Here is a picture of some of my motu collection.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from TouchingEvil:

People must be crazy that want toy story pin nsteed of a Masters pin. I would pay alot for a masters pin if it isthw 80s version.
    Here is a picture of some of my motu collection.
    [quoted image]

Nice! While I don't love the origins versions they are still great. Classics were so good. I actually like the super 7 versions 2nd and then besides vintage the origins. Saying that if they did a modern pin I'd still buy day one, but imagine they'd do classic which 99% would prefer.

#105 1 year ago

While I didn't watch he-man fantatically, I did watch a few episodes. The artwork was pretty incredible. I can see how the nostalgia would get a lot of people excited, same if they made a thundercats or duck tales pinball. I do wonder if they would use existing cartoon footage, create new animation from scratch, or do some sort of live action?

#106 1 year ago

This is an automatic buy. 80’s cartoon versions of He Man, GI Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, Superfriends (need DC pins, enough Marvel already) are nostalgia bombs. Gimme gimme gimme

#107 1 year ago

- no comment -

theboys.jpgtheboys.jpg
    3 weeks later
    #108 1 year ago

I know I’m fishing, but to keep the convo going and hope alive,

CFBFB499-3EAE-4EFA-A0AD-4B4A6167E7EA (resized).jpegCFBFB499-3EAE-4EFA-A0AD-4B4A6167E7EA (resized).jpeg
    #109 1 year ago

It’s confirmed!!! Zombieyeti on art!

#110 1 year ago

People am to want this theme, so it’ll never happen. They’re make more Disney groomer schlock.

#111 1 year ago

MooButt, did your dog type that?

#112 1 year ago

It’s 5’oclock somewhere

#113 1 year ago

Jack…Jeremy…..

1 week later
    #114 1 year ago

I wasn’t even drinking.

#115 1 year ago

What if......instead of Masters of the Universe....we instead got The New Adventures.....

Anyone else remember seeing this one

MV5BNzE0NzY2NDEtNGYxNS00OWU4LWEzNjAtNmNmM2FkYTcyOGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3OTEyODI1._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNzE0NzY2NDEtNGYxNS00OWU4LWEzNjAtNmNmM2FkYTcyOGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3OTEyODI1._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #116 1 year ago

I like my he-mam without a mullet/ponytail

1 week later
    #118 1 year ago

I hope this happens in 2023 for the sake of my wallet.

The art style decision could be the one aspect that can make or break this pin for me. There is only one series this can be based on, so that is a no brainer. If it’s decided to go this new gen MOTU, it could be Stern’s TS4 vs TS1 decision. Not sure I could see myself looking past that to ever own one.

#119 1 year ago

Have you guys actually watched any original MOTU episodes lately? Used to love it like any child of the '80s, but I played a couple clips for my kid recently, straight garbage. Just a bad show by any non-nostalgic measure. Glorified toy commercial. I could see Stern sidestepping dated low-res animation the same way they did with TMNT. Although of course we old dudes are the market, and I would enjoy the retro cheese.

1 week later
    #120 1 year ago

Hey all! I'm signing up for this forum just to stay in the loop on a potential MOTU pin. I LOVE pinball ad am a massive MOTU fan but I don't know much about the community. I frequent any nearby bar or pinball museum (shoutout to pinball perfection in Pittsburgh!) I can to play some pinball.

I really hope this rumor turns out to be true. I'm already saving my money. Are professional machines usually hard to get brand new? Do you buy directly from Stern or do you need to by from some sort of dealer? I'm totally new to all of this but I want to be ready!

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:Have you guys actually watched any original MOTU episodes lately? Used to love it like any child of the '80s, but I played a couple clips for my kid recently, straight garbage. Just a bad show by any non-nostalgic measure. Glorified toy commercial. I could see Stern sidestepping dated low-res animation the same way they did with TMNT. Although of course we old dudes are the market, and I would enjoy the retro cheese.

Filmation was notoriously CHEAP as hell, pumping out episodes as quickly as possible with a minimum of animation cost. Pretty funny to see the same scenes over and over again in different episodes.

The new one on Netflix is actually really damn good, I sat and watched the whole thing in one sitting, couldn’t believe I did that!

#122 1 year ago

I just don't see Zombie Yeti art working for MOTU

#123 1 year ago

An art package for this game just screams for classic massive fight scene with all of the characters (beast man, merman, battlecat and panthor, trap jaw, man-e-faces, Orko, man-at-arms, stratos, skeletor and he-man)…just all drastically different and vibrant colors…it seems right in yeti’s wheelhouse to me

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChuckRock:

Hey all! I'm signing up for this forum just to stay in the loop on a potential MOTU pin. I LOVE pinball ad am a massive MOTU fan but I don't know much about the community. I frequent any nearby bar or pinball museum (shoutout to pinball perfection in Pittsburgh!) I can to play some pinball.
    I really hope this rumor turns out to be true. I'm already saving my money. Are professional machines usually hard to get brand new? Do you buy directly from Stern or do you need to by from some sort of dealer? I'm totally new to all of this but I want to be ready!

Not hard unless you're trying to get an LE. Find a dealer here: https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/

#125 1 year ago

Thanks for answering my questions!

As a general rule of thumb, are the differences between Premium and LE strictly cosmetic? Nothing mechanical? I know there are usually a couple extra features compared to the Pro. It would take a lot for me to stretch to LE considering the price.

As far as MOTU specific, I feel the pin has to have a grayskull model in it! Maybe some letter targets for P-O-W-E-R. A snake mountain area would also be cool but I think it may crowd the machine. I also think there has to be some mechanic for you to turn from Adam to He-Man but it has to be easy to achieve. Would be a bummer to play games and struggle to even transform into He-Man. Defend grayskull missions would be a must. Rescuing specific people or role-playing as others (like Star Wars) would be cool too.

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChuckRock:

Thanks for answering my questions!
    As a general rule of thumb, are the differences between Premium and LE strictly cosmetic? Nothing mechanical? I know there are usually a couple extra features compared to the Pro. It would take a lot for me to stretch to LE considering the price.
    As far as MOTU specific, I feel the pin has to have a grayskull model in it! Maybe some letter targets for P-O-W-E-R. A snake mountain area would also be cool but I think it may crowd the machine. I also think there has to be some mechanic for you to turn from Adam to He-Man but it has to be easy to achieve. Would be a bummer to play games and struggle to even transform into He-Man. Defend grayskull missions would be a must. Rescuing specific people or role-playing as others (like Star Wars) would be cool too.

LE is mostly always cosmetic with a number and a shaker and sometimes speakers. Rarely is it any new toys or mechs. The shaker motor is about $100 to add to any machine. Sound can be upgraded way better than any LE package for less. Rush came with expression lights which you can't get yet so thats a plus but had they been available (and they will be eventually), it still wouldn't be worth the cost personally. Pro and Premium can be a tougher decision as you are usually missing out on mechs and toys but the same basic gameplay. I'm usually a Pro buyer but will drop the money for a premium when the right one comes along.

4 weeks later
    #127 1 year ago

I saw some pics of an alleged James Bond pinball machine by Stern. Does this mean probably no Stern MOTU machine in the works?

#128 1 year ago

By the power of Greyskull, He-Man should have the power in 2023!!

(one hopes)

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChuckRock:

Does this mean probably no Stern MOTU machine in the works?

Not h
    Not just this pin, but probably the 20 after this also man no MOTU

3 weeks later
    #130 1 year ago

+1 vote for a MOTU pin in 2023, nostalgia city for me

2 months later
    #131 1 year ago

Man, as an 80s kid, a potential He-Man table really, really strikes a chord.

And as a pinball adult, the aesthetics of the show are tailor made for pinball greatness and killer light shows, whether you go with the Original show or the 2021 Masters of the Universe: Revelation sequel.

Not to mention Castle Grayskull as one of the most iconic and perfect pinball sculpts of all time. As a focal point I can't imagine anything better suited.

That said, I'm casting my vote to theme the table on Revelation. To say it's vastly more interesting and sophisticated than the 80s cartoon is an understatement. And it scratches the nostalgia itch -- it leaves nothing out that you want to see from the Original.

Not to mention it was made in 2021. Easy availability of high-rez digital art, video, and voice assets, and the writing is vastly superior too (Kevin Smith of Clerks fame). The show has a ton of cheeky and funny zingers perfect for pinball.

Music by Bear McCreary (Battlestar Gallactica, the Amazon LOTR, Call of Duty and God of War).

And the choices available for callouts and clips are just wild too. The voice cast for Revelation includes Mark Hamil as Skeletor (!), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) as Teela (!), Stephen Root (King of the Hill) as Cringer, and Liam Cunningham and Lena Headey from Game of Thrones (as Man at Arms and Evil-Lyn). It's a crazy cast with killer callouts.

Plot wise Revelation is also a ridiculously perfect setup for a pinball table. I won't drop spoilers, but suffice it to say that there's a four-way struggle for control of Castle Grayskull. For starters this perfectly sets up why Grayskull (the protagonist) would be the central target on the table, not Snake Mountain (the antagonist). Secondly, the game rules could really run with a TMNT approach of selecting from different lead characters to play, with different impacts / implementations on scoring, light shows, enemies and end-game (or string them all together for a truly epic final wizard mode). And of course all the fights with the hilarious MOTU villains could be implemented like Dead Pool, which was a very satisfying setup.

My goodness it would be an amazing table.

And if DeadFlip is on this... OH MY. The table could be one for... all Eternia!

#132 1 year ago

OG MOTU: I’m in.

Revelations: I’m out.

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Man, as an 80s kid, a potential He-Man table really, really strikes a chord.
    And as a pinball adult, the aesthetics of the show are tailor made for pinball greatness and killer light shows, whether you go with the Original show or the 2021 Masters of the Universe: Revelation sequel.
    Not to mention Castle Grayskull as one of the most iconic and perfect pinball sculpts of all time. As a focal point I can't imagine anything better suited.
    That said, I'm casting my vote to theme the table on Revelation. To say it's vastly more interesting and sophisticated than the 80s cartoon is an understatement. And it scratches the nostalgia itch -- it leaves nothing out that you want to see from the Original.
    Not to mention it was made in 2021. Easy availability of high-rez digital art, video, and voice assets, and the writing is vastly superior too (Kevin Smith of Clerks fame). The show has a ton of cheeky and funny zingers perfect for pinball.
    Music by Bear McCreary (Battlestar Gallactica, the Amazon LOTR, Call of Duty and God of War).
    And the choices available for callouts and clips are just wild too. The voice cast for Revelation includes Mark Hamil as Skeletor (!), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) as Teela (!), Stephen Root (King of the Hill) as Cringer, and Liam Cunningham and Lena Headey from Game of Thrones (as Man at Arms and Evil-Lyn). It's a crazy cast with killer callouts.
    Plot wise Revelation is also a ridiculously perfect setup for a pinball table. I won't drop spoilers, but suffice it to say that there's a four-way struggle for control of Castle Grayskull. For starters this perfectly sets up why Grayskull (the protagonist) would be the central target on the table, not Snake Mountain (the antagonist). Secondly, the game rules could really run with a TMNT approach of selecting from different lead characters to play, with different impacts / implementations on scoring, light shows, enemies and end-game (or string them all together for a truly epic final wizard mode). And of course all the fights with the hilarious MOTU villains could be implemented like Dead Pool, which was a very satisfying setup.
    My goodness it would be an amazing table.
    And if DeadFlip is on this... OH MY. The table could be one for... all Eternia!

Agree with all of this. That show was surprisingly great, especially season 2 where everything got crazy and picked up steam. The crybabies doing all their handwringing about the plot crack me up.

1 month later
    #135 1 year ago

Well, with Foo Fighters being announced, when is our next shot for a MOTU announcement from Stern? Fall timeframe? Is there even any concrete rumors or just wishful thinking on our part?

1 week later
    #136 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChuckRock:

Well, with Foo Fighters being announced, when is our next shot for a MOTU announcement from Stern? Fall timeframe? Is there even any concrete rumors or just wishful thinking on our part?

Honestly the Foo Fighters announcement made it more obvious to me that MOTU doesn't have the wide appeal Stern consistently banks on. As much as I'd hate to be wrong.

Like the last 7 years of Stern releases are:

• Spider-Man
    • Ghostbusters
    • Batman '66
    • Aerosmith (2017)
    • Star Wars
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Iron Maiden
    • Deadpool
    • The Beatles
    • The Munsters
    • Black Knight: Sword of Rage
    • Star Wars Pin
    • Jurassic Park
    • Elvira's House of Horrors
    • Stranger Things
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    • Avengers: Infinity Quest
    • Led Zeppelin
    • The Mandalorian
    • Godzilla
    • Jurassic Park Pin
    • Rush
    • James Bond
    • Foo Fighters

Munsters and Black Knight are the least of them, arguably Elvira is pretty niche too. But the rest are all mass appeal blockbuster franchises.

And when you figure the new He-Man on Netflix was well received but didn't exactly go stratospheric, well... I'm not seeing Stern go for it.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChuckRock:

Well, with Foo Fighters being announced, when is our next shot for a MOTU announcement from Stern? Fall timeframe?

Not a chance.

3 months later
    #138 8 months ago

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-has-the-power-masters-of-the-universe-coming-soon

Whoever writes for this page wrote up this article where they just quote a pinside member. Apparently, said member is accurate at predicting future Stern pins? Thoughts from everyone?

#139 8 months ago
    Quoted from ChuckRock:

Apparently, said member is accurate at predicting future Stern pins? Thoughts from everyone?

Tbiguths are its a very strange & lame theme (unoess its super homo erotic, like more thwn its usual 125%)....but MNPinball always has the inside track.

#140 8 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Tbiguths are its a very strange & lame theme (unoess its super homo erotic, like more thwn its usual 125%)....but MNPinball always has the inside track.

Huh, I already moved on emotionally and now want a Back to the Future remake

#141 8 months ago

I’m excited if this is true. This and GI Joe are my dream themes. I just worry they would do what they did with TMNT and not use classic cartoon. If they did that, it wouldn’t feel like “my” MOTU.

#142 8 months ago

I think the best move would be to use the classic artwork on the toy packaging. Someone else owns the rights to the filmation cartoon. Mattel owns the rights to the rest of the IP. Revelations-type artwork would be decent but I really think they'll go with the vintage style and not any sort of animation style.

#143 8 months ago

Someone said on the JP Pin Club 6month ago that He-Man would be a home pin tho

#144 8 months ago

A figure exclusive to the pinball machine would be cool as well. So many ways they could go with this machine. Pro: Castle Grayskull, Pre: Snake Mountain, LE: Eternia

5 months later
    #145 3 months ago

What does everyone think of this? Is it a clue to his next project?

pinside.0b964de3596fc332f376ea78dc3b4ea03639faae (resized).jpgpinside.0b964de3596fc332f376ea78dc3b4ea03639faae (resized).jpg
    #146 3 months ago
    Quoted from ChuckRock:

What does everyone think of this? Is it a clue to his next project?
    [quoted image]

Hope so. I've got space for this theme or WILL make space. I think it would translate into an absolutely killer pin.

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-pin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.