Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by ChanceKJ
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_7429446_7 (resized).png
    17 (resized).png
    16 (resized).png
    15 (resized).png
    14 (resized).png
    13 (resized).png
    13a (resized).png
    12 (resized).png
    11a (resized).png
    11 (resized).png
    10 (resized).png
    09 (resized).png
    08b (resized).png
    08a (resized).png
    08 (resized).png
    07 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago

I assume it's a licensing thing for why they do chimes and why they rerecorded the voice callout.

It was a good episode of a good show (I won't get into how the video game part of this was different, but suffice to say...they didn't find a bunch of mint arcade machines that had sat in an arcade for twenty years)

Do another zombie game. Sure why not. TWD is excellent, but we can use another. It's been 10 years and it's the only other zombie game.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kinda agree; smarter people than me may come up with super innovative ideas for gameplay, but until I see something compelling I agree there's not much new to offer. I would totally go for a re-themed TWD re-release though!

Season one/the first game is basically a road trip story. So have a map and progress across America, like Jurassic Park. Have stops in Boston, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Wyoming, Colorado, Washington (season two will probably be in and around Seattle).

Without getting too spoilery for the game and what they'd do for season two, it is more of a revenge story and chasing someone around.

They could reuse the drop target concept from TWD as the game, and the show to a minor extent, is about scavenging for supplies/weapons.

Have an infected bash toy

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I mean, guns don't even sounds like they do in movies/tv, we expect pinball machines to be accurate?

you're trying to tell me gun silencers aren't magical devices that make a gunshot whisper quiet?

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They don't want CRTs. It's too hard to film them. The cycle rates don't sync up.

sure on actual film but with modern digital cameras, it's easy to set the capture rate to the same as the monitor. Even most modern cell phones let you do this.

Then in editing they can cut the frame rate back to a normal 30FPS

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kinda - but This is absolutely 100% not acceptable in a tv/film situation. Last of Us is filmed on an Arri Alexa Mini, which has a set number of frame rates you can select - none of which would match up to a CRT's constantly changing refresh rate (remember it's analog) https://www.arri.com/resource/blob/302206/6e6b2cd32c68ca40b8027da40c375a5e/placeholder-alexa-mini-lf-recording-formats-table-data.jpg

Maybe I'm mistaken, but most raster CRTs have a fixed refresh rate (they may offer more than one and you can select, but it isn't changing on the fly). The video game isn't necessarily at a fixed frame rate, but that isn't the CRT refresh rate

I believe vector CRTs use variable refresh rate, and now variable refresh rate LCDs are starting to become common in gaming

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hbo-the-last-of-us-arcade-pinball?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.