Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Coindropper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C0933E6C-5662-4C26-B09F-405B58BA8F11 (resized).jpeg
BB0D2776-4017-4855-B0D6-15ABC87AD1FE (resized).jpeg

#1 5 months ago

Just picked up my Ruby Red WOZ. I had a WOZ Standard for a couple years. I decided to upgrade to a Ruby Red. There is a big difference in the clarity of the monitors (see pics). The RR monitor actually looks hazy. No where near as good a pic as the standard was. Anyone else notice this? Not sure if JJP has been made aware of this or not.

Of this has been covered previously I didn’t see it.

Thanks.

BB0D2776-4017-4855-B0D6-15ABC87AD1FE (resized).jpegC0933E6C-5662-4C26-B09F-405B58BA8F11 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 months ago

Just a guess but did you try adjusting the monitor settings on the monitor itself? Does seem brighter but I would guess that’s a simple setting. Good luck.

#3 5 months ago
Quoted from Hogey:

Just picked up my Ruby Red WOZ. I had a WOZ Standard for a couple years. I decided to upgrade to a Ruby Red. There is a big difference in the clarity of the monitors (see pics). The RR monitor actually looks hazy. No where near as good a pic as the standard was. Anyone else notice this? Not sure if JJP has been made aware of this or not.
Of this has been covered previously I didn’t see it.
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a new Ruby Red?

#4 5 months ago

Yes. Just off the line. I’d heard rumblings of a driver issue on the newer models. Anyone else notice it? I haven’t made adjustments to the monitor yet but will when I get back. Not sure that the “haze” will improve. Again, as it stands alone it looks OK, but there’s a big difference when side by side and also beside my DI.

#5 5 months ago

Its probably just a matter of proper adjustment. I think there’s a control for contrast - you may want to turn it up a bit as well if increasing the brightness alone doesn’t seem to be adequate.

#6 5 months ago

Probably just just monitor settings but honestly I think the RR pic looks better than the other monitor. Looks like the standard monitor color is too strong. Maybe in person it looks better, but in the pics I prefer the RR look.

#7 5 months ago

Thanks for the comments. Back from Expo now...will get down there and work on the monitor issue. Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hogey

#8 5 months ago

I prefer the image on the RR, the skin looks real, temperature is warm. The settings look wrong on the standard, colors are washed out, contrast and intensity are too high.

#9 5 months ago

Theres stock settings available on the monitor. My Hobbit looked like crap until I used another preset.

#10 5 months ago

Check the cables. Mine looked that way when I got it and it ended up being a loose cable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside