Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by danceline
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a Williams Hayburners II that the leather clutches stick really badly causing all kinds of trouble with the chains that move the horses. Does anyone have any idea how to clean them up so they won't stick to the plastic disks?

#2 3 years ago

I use Neatsfoot oil on the clutches, if there totally shot then you'll have to make new leather ones yourself.

John

#3 3 years ago

I soak them in Neatsfoot and they must be so dirty with gunk that after a month they stuck right to the plastic gear. I have some leather I could try to make new ones from but the one that I did try to make came out pretty badly. I used a 1.25 inch hole saw bit. I think they were punched originally. I haven't come up with a solution for the smaller leather washers ones on the back side. I think they are .5 inches. Any ideas? It looks like the originals are still thick enough
to be used if I could get them clean.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hayburners-ii-leather-clutches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.