(Topic ID: 76496)

Hawaii Pinball

By HoneyBadger

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majrob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I moved from there last year. There is a guy in Waialua (North Shore) and Waimanalo (Windward side). I don't know of any places there that have machines in the wild...I have looked for years.
    It is hard to maintain machines there (especially on the North Shore) due to the big waves throwing salt through the air. Everything rusts and corrodes...wreaks havoc on the boards.
    Be sure to go to Dukes - on a Sunday around 400pm to see the legend Henry Kapono. It is a must for tourists and still a good time for locals.
    Better yet, rent a car and spend your time on the North Shore. Best surf in the world right now and you will be amazed at the sheer power of the waves. Go to Waimea Bay and Banzai Pipeline for the best spots. Some great places to eat there too. Haleiwa Joes for dinner or Cafe Haleiwa for a true Hawaiian breakfast. Even better are the food trucks...Giovannis shrimp truck...super ono!
    Aloha,
    Rob

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This one had a machine when we were there(Avatar):
    http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/fun-works-1-honolulu-hi-united-states
    Had a great time when we were in Hawaii, I think about it all the time. I'm with Rob, make sure to rent a car, drive along the east coast, it takes a little longer, but it's well worth it. A few extra bucks for a convertible really adds to the experience (even if it is just a 6cyl stang!).

That is in the Ala Moana shopping mall. That is the nice mall near Waikiki, your wife can shop and you can hopefully find the pin in there. If not, there is a great place in the mall called the Mai Tai bar. It's name lives up to its reputation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majrob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hawaii-pinball?tu=majrob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.