• 10 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ridgeman58
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi all,
I have been having intermittent trouble with my Dragon pinball machine. The latest issue is the game will start and release a ball for game play, but the flippers do not work. Also, the left sling shot and the jumper bumpers do not work. Only the general illumination lights work. All others do not.

I have been tracing the circuits and only see an anomaly with the 6v rectifier reading 12v on the output.

Any ideas? All comments are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

#2 2 years ago

make sure the switches on the game over relay are closing when the game over relay (Q) is activated. If they are closing make sure they are clean.

There is also a normally-closed switch on the tilt relay that should be closed when the tilt relay (T) is not activated

1 week later
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

make sure the switches on the game over relay are closing when the game over relay (Q) is activated. If they are closing make sure they are clean.
There is also a normally-closed switch on the tilt relay that should be closed when the tilt relay (T) is not activated

Thanks for your input. I finally got a chance to work on it again. That seemed to work to fix the parts that stopped working. But not long after, it slowly went into TILT mode and won't reset. I have to take another look at the switches again.

Thanks again!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Ridgeman58:

Thanks for your input. I finally got a chance to work on it again. That seemed to work to fix the parts that stopped working. But not long after, it slowly went into TILT mode and won't reset. I have to take another look at the switches again.
Thanks again!

Until you get all the other issues fixed you can disable the slam tilts: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Permanently_Disabling_the_Slam_Switches

It's a simple mod and reversible

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Until you get all the other issues fixed you can disable the slam tilts: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Permanently_Disabling_the_Slam_Switches
It's a simple mod and reversible

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I think it's a temperature issue. It's fine when I first turn it on and start a game. After about 5 minutes (even sitting idle)it goes into slam tilt mode. It won't reset until I turn it off and let it cool down.

Any thoughts?

Scott

#6 2 years ago

When this happens check all the ics on the mpu and see if any are hot. I believe the ROM on system 1s run hot. If any other chips are hot they could be the issue. If not pull on any ic that is socketed. You should not be able to remove it by hand. If you can that socket needs to be replaced.

#7 2 years ago

I'll take a look at that. Thanks!

1 week later
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

When this happens check all the ics on the mpu and see if any are hot. I believe the ROM on system 1s run hot. If any other chips are hot they could be the issue. If not pull on any ic that is socketed. You should not be able to remove it by hand. If you can that socket needs to be replaced.

I thought I had it fixed, until I had a really good game going, then it crapped out again. lol
Nothing seems to be hot and the socketed ICs are in tight.

If I use your override to bypass the tilt is there a chance of causing more damage?

I would rather fix the problem, but at this point everything looks ok.

Thanks again,
Scott

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Ridgeman58:

I thought I had it fixed, until I had a really good game going, then it crapped out again. lol
Nothing seems to be hot and the socketed ICs are in tight.
If I use your override to bypass the tilt is there a chance of causing more damage?
I would rather fix the problem, but at this point everything looks ok.
Thanks again,
Scott

As long as it's not on route having the slam bypassed won't hurt it

#10 2 years ago

Now when I turn it on it kicks up a ball and the score goes to 0, but it doesn't score points. The flippers work, but that's it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-trouble-with-dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.