• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dm78yf.jpg
cornholio.png
2015-10-20_23.22.50.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

anyone else struggle with this and how did it work out for you.

just sell them. and then buy something new.

if you dont play it or like it then no reason to keep it.

That said, what are you thinking of selling first? Hit me up with a good price and we will see how you feel after selling one

#11 8 years ago

ok, i will let you know. trying hard to think of ten keepers. ideally, it would be less but i know there is no way i can do it

sell me SC for a good price please. It is tiny and you wont even miss it, lol.
I can take BSD since I am there. It is too scary and the kids probably never play it anyway

#12 8 years ago

In all honesty, I looked at your collection and it somewhat of a monotype. Sell a few and try some of the other games out there. LOTS of great GTB games, early SS games, non B/W games that may get you back into the playing more?

#35 8 years ago

and another problem - pins are just part of this. i have around another 20 game room related items including vids, air hockey, darts, foos, ........ it is a mess but i need to start somewhere

like a band aid man! just rip it off!!!!

Seriously. It seems obvious with you language that this is a problem best dealt with by doing a BUNCH of selling in a short time. In order to do this you need to actually price games slightly below market. You want a line out the door of people looking to buy and just make it clear no haggling. Pick your 10 to keep and sell the other half. Purging can feel really good. Plus side is you will have a pile of cash. I suggest using it to pay down a loan so it will have longer term gratification.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I know I need to sell off around half of what I got.

hit me up when medusa and skateball need a home

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

At the rate I'm going it could be another 2 years before I see those games. There buried in the back.

sounds good. For a killer price, I can come over for a weekend and help you dig them out and sort through the other stuff (serious offer as I like helping out with pins; sometimes more than working on my own crap)

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Catch you guys later.

you know how to reach me

#76 8 years ago

one problem is i have no idea how to price them and don't want to get ripped off.

start a price check thread here if you really have no idea. From your history you tend to shoot high and then not sell from what I can see. If you really want to sell you will need to adjust this habit.

For a general rule, spend a little time researching and you should be able to hit spot on. mrpinball classifieds, ebay completed listings, pinside completed listings, and boston pinball guide are ok benchmarks to then adjust from. You should be able to figure it out; afterall you did buy them all at once and I assume managed not to get ripped off

Most importnatly I woudl say you know what you paid for them, so if you got them a few years back and have enjoyed them then you are going to do just fine. Even if you undersell from FMV you will probably still be well over purchase prices form a few years back. Aside form that, selling for a fair to good price can feel really good. Nothing wrong with hooking up a good local pinhead and writing up an agreement for right of first refusal to buy back at same price if sold within X time. I know others that have done it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-some-problems-letting-pins-go?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.