• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dm78yf.jpg
cornholio.png
2015-10-20_23.22.50.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

so here is the story. i have some nice watches, pins and other gameroom stuff, and i had a porsche. hung onto the porsche even though i never drove it. thought i would regret letting it go. finally just decided it had to go. some of you may remember my post trying to sell it here. i took a huge hit on sale. i had $70,000 into it and got just about half back. that sucked but best part is that i have realized i have absolutely no regrets now that it is gone. so wondering if i will feel the same letting some of my other stuff go? do i play all the games and wear all the watches? probably not as much as i should. just don't want to one day play creature or wear my panerai and say to myself, shit-i sold that one. anyone else struggle with this and how did it work out for you. thanks, ant

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Honestly I don't see a single game in your collection that I WOULDN'T regret letting go so I think you're stuck with them and you should feel good about it
My advice: sell some watches and buy more pinballs!

lol. watches take up so much less space

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just sell them. and then buy something new.
if you dont play it or like it then no reason to keep it.
That said, what are you thinking of selling first? Hit me up with a good price and we will see how you feel after selling one

ok, i will let you know. trying hard to think of ten keepers. ideally, it would be less but i know there is no way i can do it

#29 8 years ago

thanks guys. some really insightful thoughts and opinions selling tron le was easy because i had two. in the past, i sold tom, ss, tspp, lotr, jumping jack, tz, and cactus canyon. had to get tz and ss back but haven't missed tom, tspp, jumping jack, cactus, and lotr. i ideally should be at around five games but i have no idea how i am going to narrow it down. that is the problem

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is the emotional attachment that can be a real problem. Other Pinsiders can list any number of your games. The first one you bought might be the toughest to get rid of.

yes, and that is why i had to get TZ back

#31 8 years ago

and by the way, i know i have a hoarding problem. hearing some of your opinions does help. thanks, ant

#32 8 years ago

and another problem - pins are just part of this. i have around another 20 game room related items including vids, air hockey, darts, foos, ........ it is a mess but i need to start somewhere

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ant,
I think I might be able to help.. Send your STLE to me here on the west coast and I will store it for you

i didn't even get that one yet. setting up shipping for it this week.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not to side track the OP's thread but once you all get done drooling over his high end pins come on down to my basement sale. Op was my inspiration. Time to let some go.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-time-to-thin-the-heard-project-pins

lol

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps the op should go back and read the last thread he started about all the machines he has and which one he should let go. Personally out of all of them I would keep the GnR and start over.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-which-needs-to-go-poll-added

what are you stalking me? what is your issue? get a life. i can see why you get booted from pinside. i personally didn't miss you at all. lol

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Somewhat similar situation a few years ago - had a "fun" car in the garage. Sat there - I never drove it. It was not practical and for me, garage space is at a premium. So I sold it to another collector. I don't miss it at all.
Have 5 Omega watches - wouldn't sell one unless I absolutely had no other choice. Wear one of two every day. The others stay in their boxes. Always looking for more as I'm an Omega fanboy! Watches are a sickness!!!
Only have one pinball machine, in line for my second. Doubt I will stop at 2!
Good luck with whatever decision you make!

thanks buddy. appreciate it. my only regret was not thinking stuff entirely through before buying the car, any of the watches, and any of the gameroom stuff (pins, vids, superchex, .....)

maybe if i had an overall picture of what i really wanted beforehand, i wouldn't have ended up with so much stuff.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A fool and his money are soon parted. No seriously dude, everytime you come on here and start one of these
" look at all the expensive shit I have, poor me I don't know what to do" threads you are making a complete ass out of yourself. Take a look in the mirror and you will see who needs to get a life.

It ain't about that. I worked hard for all my stuff. Problem is I have too much of it. Can't you see a lot of people have same hoarding issue. They are all saying same thing. Helps to hear how others have dealt with it. Funny how only you perceive this in the way you do. No one else. Why don't you go look up some more of my old posts since that's what you do.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hoarding issues I can understand. I used to have a bunch of stuff I no longer used. Once you start to let some of it go it is easy. Only reason I said what I did is this is not the first time you started a thread about the same thing. Not even the second. Sell your machines at a reasonable price and they will go away.

I know but it's not that easy for me. I worked really hard so many years to try to put together this collection that i made lists of all the way back to late nineties. It's stupid but it's like a part of my life/me.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

You do clearly need to part with a few, starting with that MB. I can help. Good therapy.

one problem is i have no idea how to price them and don't want to get ripped off. i sold a bunch once to get my porsche and i know i got screwed. pissed me off

Quoted from chrisnack:

Nice to see some other people with the same problem. I had the watch bug bad a few years ago and was buying them left/right. Now i only wear about 3 of them, so i rotate through those and the rest sit there. So I've been slowing sell them off.
Can you post watches for sale on here? I have a FC i want to get rid of it. I'd rather finance my pin habit than have a watch sitting in the safe i don't wear.

yeah sure why not. i would like to see the FC and want you want to get for it.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a Casio
dm78yf.jpg

best movie ever - especially with Thanksgiving coming up. Watching Trains, Planes, and Automobiles is a yearly ritual around this time.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then you sold the Porsche for half of what you had into it. You should be able to get at least half your money back on these pinball machines.

Pins aren't cars. Pins are not losers in my opinion. I could sell all of these quick but why should I give them away? Example is how do you get back 13500 on a SS by HEP? Had some guy want to give me 2900 yesterday for my HEP funhouse. Asked if he knew what HEP was and he said he didn't. How do you own/want/sell pinballs without knowing who Chris is?

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's easy, you don't. When you pay for a high end restore you do it to keep it, or understand you're going to lose money on it when you sell.

Ok. Understood. But how much. Tell me and I'll list it for that amount. It's a 2013 late fall with color dmd and leds throughout. Wasn't opened till fall of 2014 and has no more than 100 plays since. Large collection and I only play a few games a few nights a week on my pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 45.95
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

£ 39.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 49.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-some-problems-letting-pins-go?tu=saveleaningtower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.