Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by herg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dm78yf.jpg
cornholio.png
2015-10-20_23.22.50.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 4 years ago

Nice to see some other people with the same problem. I had the watch bug bad a few years ago and was buying them left/right. Now i only wear about 3 of them, so i rotate through those and the rest sit there. So I've been slowing sell them off.

Can you post watches for sale on here? I have a FC i want to get rid of it. I'd rather finance my pin habit than have a watch sitting in the safe i don't wear.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

yeah sure why not. i would like to see the FC and want you want to get for it.

Just didn't know if people frowned upon other non-related items...

I just sold it this morning, for way less than it was worth, but it was enough to cover a new playfield and backglass for my Joker Poker, so that is all i was really after. I had about $2100 into it, had an extra alligator strap with single fold FC clasp that cost me $300. Sold everything for $900, so that person got a steal... oh well, probably could have gotten more if i waited longer, but like i said, financed the playfield and i didn't want to risk not being able to get a CPR playfield if they ran out before i sold the watch...

I've sold probably 5 or 6 watches in the past year, been really trying to get down to just the ones i really wear. With the exception of my Oris BC3, the only ones i have left are worth considerably more

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Bought my first pin (Power Play) 30 years ago. Was in and out of the hobby several times. Usually I was out, because of something to do with the wife. Well, the wife is (almost) out of the picture now, and I have made a resolution not to sell anymore pins...ever. I have 8 in my lineup, and most are some that people would roll their eyes at. And I don't care. I'm done trying to please others; it's my turn. (sold my first car, a '68 Camaro that I poured my bloody knuckles and love into, to buy a house...still regretting that move.)

I think everyone has their taste and preference on the style of machines they like to play. I think in general people just like chatting about machines. You should absolutely own what you enjoy playing, not what everyone else says is popular.

I haven't had a chance to play MM yet, but i know it's #1, my issue is that the machine is worth $10k. I'm sure it's fun, but for $10k i can own ALOT of other machines that i'm sure as fun as hell as well. So if you had a limited budget, do you own one $10k machine or 5 $2k machines....

#98 4 years ago

Very well said Joker2415.... that's a life lesson i think everyone has to learn for themselves. I ran my own business and did very well, and bought everything i could think of and anything i wanted pretty much. Thought stuff would make me happy, it never did, nor did making a lot of money. instead now i've learned to focus on what's important to me and spending time with family and friends is more important than chasing possessions or money. Taking trips or riding my motorcycle, the things i really love doing, that's what matters to me now. I took 2 weeks and rode my R1200GS around Colorado this year. Camped and just rode around the mountains for 10 days, it was awesome and something i'll remember forever. I'd rather do that every year than buy a bunch of shit i won't use in 6 months.

Ironically i just got back into pins about a month ago, i sold things to buy the pins and any parts i needed. Give something, get something. Actually feels great and it's nice to get rid of things i have laying around that i don't use or need and instead get something I enjoy. I now host a weekly pin night with a few friends. We get together, hangout and play pinball once a week. It's awesome.

#101 4 years ago

Nice! I've had so many cars, and i always regret getting rid of them... the money i've lost on cars, man i could have bought some nice pins!

I really like my X5 M-Sport... comfy, sporty, sounds mean and fits a pinball in the back (very important)....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
North Brunswick, NJ
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.50
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 209.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside