Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by herg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dm78yf.jpg
cornholio.png
2015-10-20_23.22.50.png

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Man, all this talk about selling games and cutting down the heard is giving me the buying itch.
MUST BUY SOMETHING NOW!!!!
Someone sell me a cheap project game quick!!!!

You mean 52 just isn't your number?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For some games, I simply like the art package, even if the gameplay isn't very good (Space Invaders, for example). So I enjoy looking at them as an art piece more than as a playable game.

I use my Space invaders for background music.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I use my Space invaders for background music.

The baseline is epic.

#54 4 years ago

I believe there can be too many. I recently moved and am building a detached game room from the ground up. It can be anything or any size I want, but I decided on space for about 14 pins and a few arcades. Beyond that, I just don't enjoy them all enough to keep more than that. I prefer to buy and sell. After I let my original "keepers" go out the door, I'm much less attached to the rest.

I traded pin floor space for a nice work shop area, bar, living space and bathroom in the bldg.

I don't wear a watch, no comment there and I'm not into cars. My wife however...

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

You mean 52 just isn't your number?

No 52 is not my number. I just got board with listing doubles and triples so didn't list the rest. But something tells me I might have to sell a few dozen soon. So have to go make a new head count. Catch you guys later.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The baseline is epic.

Worth every penny I paid for both of them. Like to have my background music in stereo.

#57 4 years ago

Perhaps the op should go back and read the last thread he started about all the machines he has and which one he should let go. Personally out of all of them I would keep the GnR and start over.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-which-needs-to-go-poll-added

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Catch you guys later.

you know how to reach me

#59 4 years ago

Not to side track the OP's thread but once you all get done drooling over his high end pins come on down to my basement sale. Op was my inspiration. Time to let some go.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-time-to-thin-the-heard-project-pins

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not to side track the OP's thread but once you all get done drooling over his high end pins come on down to my basement sale. Op was my inspiration. Time to let some go.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-time-to-thin-the-heard-project-pins

lol

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps the op should go back and read the last thread he started about all the machines he has and which one he should let go. Personally out of all of them I would keep the GnR and start over.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-which-needs-to-go-poll-added

what are you stalking me? what is your issue? get a life. i can see why you get booted from pinside. i personally didn't miss you at all. lol

#62 4 years ago

Somewhat similar situation a few years ago - had a "fun" car in the garage. Sat there - I never drove it. It was not practical and for me, garage space is at a premium. So I sold it to another collector. I don't miss it at all.

Have 5 Omega watches - wouldn't sell one unless I absolutely had no other choice. Wear one of two every day. The others stay in their boxes. Always looking for more as I'm an Omega fanboy! Watches are a sickness!!!

Only have one pinball machine, in line for my second. Doubt I will stop at 2!

Good luck with whatever decision you make!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

so wondering if i will feel the same letting some of my other stuff go? do i play all the games and wear all the watches?

Damn, that's a perfect collection you got there.
Just sell two watches, add Bally's The Shadow (1994) to your collection, play it, and forget about this topic!

#64 4 years ago

what are you stalking me?

I need TP for my bunghole.

cornholio.png

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Somewhat similar situation a few years ago - had a "fun" car in the garage. Sat there - I never drove it. It was not practical and for me, garage space is at a premium. So I sold it to another collector. I don't miss it at all.
Have 5 Omega watches - wouldn't sell one unless I absolutely had no other choice. Wear one of two every day. The others stay in their boxes. Always looking for more as I'm an Omega fanboy! Watches are a sickness!!!
Only have one pinball machine, in line for my second. Doubt I will stop at 2!
Good luck with whatever decision you make!

thanks buddy. appreciate it. my only regret was not thinking stuff entirely through before buying the car, any of the watches, and any of the gameroom stuff (pins, vids, superchex, .....)

maybe if i had an overall picture of what i really wanted beforehand, i wouldn't have ended up with so much stuff.

#66 4 years ago

A fool and his money are soon parted. No seriously dude, everytime you come on here and start one of these
" look at all the expensive shit I have, poor me I don't know what to do" threads you are making a complete ass out of yourself. Take a look in the mirror and you will see who needs to get a life.

#67 4 years ago

I regret selling a couple of my games but then I look at the current games I have and know I wouldn't have some of those if I didn't sell the others

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A fool and his money are soon parted. No seriously dude, everytime you come on here and start one of these
" look at all the expensive shit I have, poor me I don't know what to do" threads you are making a complete ass out of yourself. Take a look in the mirror and you will see who needs to get a life.

It ain't about that. I worked hard for all my stuff. Problem is I have too much of it. Can't you see a lot of people have same hoarding issue. They are all saying same thing. Helps to hear how others have dealt with it. Funny how only you perceive this in the way you do. No one else. Why don't you go look up some more of my old posts since that's what you do.

#69 4 years ago

Hoarding issues I can understand. I used to have a bunch of stuff I no longer used. Once you start to let some of it go it is easy. Only reason I said what I did is this is not the first time you started a thread about the same thing. Not even the second. Sell your machines at a reasonable price and they will go away.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hoarding issues I can understand. I used to have a bunch of stuff I no longer used. Once you start to let some of it go it is easy. Only reason I said what I did is this is not the first time you started a thread about the same thing. Not even the second. Sell your machines at a reasonable price and they will go away.

I know but it's not that easy for me. I worked really hard so many years to try to put together this collection that i made lists of all the way back to late nineties. It's stupid but it's like a part of my life/me.

#71 4 years ago

Then keep them. I have close to 30 now. But I have also gotten rid of at least that many. Like I said earlier if you sell one and miss it you can always get another like it.

#72 4 years ago

Others have said life is short, and enjoy it while you can.

For me... I get a lot of enjoyment of my pinballs. I have a 3 car garage of which my wife parks in 1 stall and I have my pins (21 of them) in the other 2 bays.

My garage is carpeted, custom painted, neon and other custom signs / clocks and music at a push of a button. My game room art also like artwork, just cool to look at. Many days / nights I don't play them... I may just fire up the music and Windex the glass, vacuum the carpet and drink a beer or 2. I often have my pin buddies over and I/we enjoy that.

Someday it will all go away... but it seems to keep me younger and out of trouble.

#73 4 years ago

Nice to see some other people with the same problem. I had the watch bug bad a few years ago and was buying them left/right. Now i only wear about 3 of them, so i rotate through those and the rest sit there. So I've been slowing sell them off.

Can you post watches for sale on here? I have a FC i want to get rid of it. I'd rather finance my pin habit than have a watch sitting in the safe i don't wear.

#74 4 years ago

You do clearly need to part with a few, starting with that MB. I can help. Good therapy.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

You do clearly need to part with a few, starting with that MB. I can help. Good therapy.

one problem is i have no idea how to price them and don't want to get ripped off. i sold a bunch once to get my porsche and i know i got screwed. pissed me off

Quoted from chrisnack:

Nice to see some other people with the same problem. I had the watch bug bad a few years ago and was buying them left/right. Now i only wear about 3 of them, so i rotate through those and the rest sit there. So I've been slowing sell them off.
Can you post watches for sale on here? I have a FC i want to get rid of it. I'd rather finance my pin habit than have a watch sitting in the safe i don't wear.

yeah sure why not. i would like to see the FC and want you want to get for it.

#76 4 years ago

one problem is i have no idea how to price them and don't want to get ripped off.

start a price check thread here if you really have no idea. From your history you tend to shoot high and then not sell from what I can see. If you really want to sell you will need to adjust this habit.

For a general rule, spend a little time researching and you should be able to hit spot on. mrpinball classifieds, ebay completed listings, pinside completed listings, and boston pinball guide are ok benchmarks to then adjust from. You should be able to figure it out; afterall you did buy them all at once and I assume managed not to get ripped off

Most importnatly I woudl say you know what you paid for them, so if you got them a few years back and have enjoyed them then you are going to do just fine. Even if you undersell from FMV you will probably still be well over purchase prices form a few years back. Aside form that, selling for a fair to good price can feel really good. Nothing wrong with hooking up a good local pinhead and writing up an agreement for right of first refusal to buy back at same price if sold within X time. I know others that have done it.

#77 4 years ago

Selling the first one is easiest. Everyone after that gets easier and easier.

#78 4 years ago

yeah sure why not. i would like to see the FC and want you want to get for it.

Just didn't know if people frowned upon other non-related items...

I just sold it this morning, for way less than it was worth, but it was enough to cover a new playfield and backglass for my Joker Poker, so that is all i was really after. I had about $2100 into it, had an extra alligator strap with single fold FC clasp that cost me $300. Sold everything for $900, so that person got a steal... oh well, probably could have gotten more if i waited longer, but like i said, financed the playfield and i didn't want to risk not being able to get a CPR playfield if they ran out before i sold the watch...

I've sold probably 5 or 6 watches in the past year, been really trying to get down to just the ones i really wear. With the exception of my Oris BC3, the only ones i have left are worth considerably more

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Selling the first one is easiest. Everyone after that gets easier and easier.

After 10 years without selling a pin and owning more then 50 of them. I finally let 5 go. I sold them all for what I had in them. Just breaking even. They were easy though. 4 were Gottliebs that I knew I would never get to fixing them and the other was a double. I plan on moving 5 more pins in the next couple of weeks but those are doubles also. Felt good to see them go to homes that I know they will be loved.

#80 4 years ago

one problem is i have no idea how to price them and don't want to get ripped off. i sold a bunch once to get my porsche and i know i got screwed. pissed me off

Your whole collection is popular, A-list games with fairly easy-to-determine market values. Pretty sure you won't get ripped off unless you forget to do a couple minutes of market research for each pin.

#81 4 years ago

Sell all the pins and watches and buy a two engine Tesla (0-60 in 3.2 seconds).

#83 4 years ago

i have some nice watches, pins and had a porsche.

Did Alex Levy get yet ANOTHER new username?

#84 4 years ago

I have a Casio

dm78yf.jpg

#85 4 years ago

Sell. It likely won't hurt. It will probably feel really good actually. Clear out the crud (yeah, I know it's not crud).
Statistically speaking, research on the topic strongly suggests you won't regret it.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a Casio
dm78yf.jpg

best movie ever - especially with Thanksgiving coming up. Watching Trains, Planes, and Automobiles is a yearly ritual around this time.

#87 4 years ago

Bought my first pin (Power Play) 30 years ago. Was in and out of the hobby several times. Usually I was out, because of something to do with the wife. Well, the wife is (almost) out of the picture now, and I have made a resolution not to sell anymore pins...ever. I have 8 in my lineup, and most are some that people would roll their eyes at. And I don't care. I'm done trying to please others; it's my turn. (sold my first car, a '68 Camaro that I poured my bloody knuckles and love into, to buy a house...still regretting that move.)

#88 4 years ago

The funny thing about life.... Whether it's the girl, the car, the pinball, the house, the stock tip, the fish, the trophy deer, etc....we all remember "the one that got away" in greater detail more than the ones we did get.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Bought my first pin (Power Play) 30 years ago. Was in and out of the hobby several times. Usually I was out, because of something to do with the wife. Well, the wife is (almost) out of the picture now, and I have made a resolution not to sell anymore pins...ever. I have 8 in my lineup, and most are some that people would roll their eyes at. And I don't care. I'm done trying to please others; it's my turn. (sold my first car, a '68 Camaro that I poured my bloody knuckles and love into, to buy a house...still regretting that move.)

I think everyone has their taste and preference on the style of machines they like to play. I think in general people just like chatting about machines. You should absolutely own what you enjoy playing, not what everyone else says is popular.

I haven't had a chance to play MM yet, but i know it's #1, my issue is that the machine is worth $10k. I'm sure it's fun, but for $10k i can own ALOT of other machines that i'm sure as fun as hell as well. So if you had a limited budget, do you own one $10k machine or 5 $2k machines....

#90 4 years ago

Well, 15 of your games can easily be bought, in very nice condition, if you simply have the $ on hand. I would not regret selling any of my games that could readily be obtained in a number of different places (markets), and bought this day/week.

The only advice I can give you: if you have an older game (pre 1990) in VERY nice, original condition, consider that it is MUCH more difficult to find that item in nice shape than say a MM to CFTBL in the same shape. That is my first consideration when asking myself if I should sell a game. I have sold 50-60 pins over the last 15 years. It does get easier once you let a few go, trust me. It bothered me that the last game I sold in very nice, original condition was going to be restored with a CC PF and new cabinet paint, ect. That is fine for a beater machine, but it just doesn't feel right to me for a pin that's original and 90% perfect to be "restored". THOSE games that are near perfect and original are VERY difficult to track down these days and IMHO should be left as they sit.

Oh, and you WILL discover that there is no such thing as a "keeper". Everything has it's price/circumstance/trade value.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Sweet, Nugent. I like that game. It's sad that you certainly don't see it often enough for it to be given the respect it deserves.

#92 4 years ago

Then you sold the Porsche for half of what you had into it. You should be able to get at least half your money back on these pinball machines.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then you sold the Porsche for half of what you had into it. You should be able to get at least half your money back on these pinball machines.

Pins aren't cars. Pins are not losers in my opinion. I could sell all of these quick but why should I give them away? Example is how do you get back 13500 on a SS by HEP? Had some guy want to give me 2900 yesterday for my HEP funhouse. Asked if he knew what HEP was and he said he didn't. How do you own/want/sell pinballs without knowing who Chris is?

#94 4 years ago

Example is how do you get back 13500 on a SS by HEP?

That's easy, you don't. When you pay for a high end restore you do it to keep it, or understand you're going to lose money on it when you sell.

#95 4 years ago

I agree. No oil, no filter, no wheels, no tires, no brakes, no gas, no registration. I could go on and on. I traded my car hobby for pinball a long time ago and never looked back.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's easy, you don't. When you pay for a high end restore you do it to keep it, or understand you're going to lose money on it when you sell.

Ok. Understood. But how much. Tell me and I'll list it for that amount. It's a 2013 late fall with color dmd and leds throughout. Wasn't opened till fall of 2014 and has no more than 100 plays since. Large collection and I only play a few games a few nights a week on my pins.

#97 4 years ago

Yep, have the same disease! Collected stuff because I liked it or "it's going to be worth more later!". And not just one or two! Every one I could find! I only have two pins so far. I've learned though, some values in a price guide, what we think it's worth, aren't really the value. The true value is what someone is willing to offer or pay, Bottom line! I have so many items that are not worth what I put into them or what I made myself think they were worth. I started recently selling some things off and trading. Just erase what you thought it was worth and start fresh looking at what you can actually get for it and move on. Unless, it is something you really enjoy! I surrounded myself with stuff as proof of my hard work! So I thought. It's just stuff. It actually feels better to get rid of what you don't want. Just do it, the decision won't eat at you anymore! And there is really nothing sooo rare you will never find again. Take a pic. hang it on the wall! It's almost like you become trapped or ruled by your stuff and the worry of it's value, storing it, protecting it etc....! At least for me it did!

#98 4 years ago

Very well said Joker2415.... that's a life lesson i think everyone has to learn for themselves. I ran my own business and did very well, and bought everything i could think of and anything i wanted pretty much. Thought stuff would make me happy, it never did, nor did making a lot of money. instead now i've learned to focus on what's important to me and spending time with family and friends is more important than chasing possessions or money. Taking trips or riding my motorcycle, the things i really love doing, that's what matters to me now. I took 2 weeks and rode my R1200GS around Colorado this year. Camped and just rode around the mountains for 10 days, it was awesome and something i'll remember forever. I'd rather do that every year than buy a bunch of shit i won't use in 6 months.

Ironically i just got back into pins about a month ago, i sold things to buy the pins and any parts i needed. Give something, get something. Actually feels great and it's nice to get rid of things i have laying around that i don't use or need and instead get something I enjoy. I now host a weekly pin night with a few friends. We get together, hangout and play pinball once a week. It's awesome.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Very well said Joker2415.... that's a life lesson i think everyone has to learn for themselves. I ran my own business and did very well, and bought everything i could think of and anything i wanted pretty much. Thought stuff would make me happy, it never did, nor did making a lot of money. instead now i've learned to focus on what's important to me and spending time with family and friends is more important than chasing possessions or money. Taking trips or riding my motorcycle, the things i really love doing, that's what matters to me now. I took 2 weeks and rode my R1200GS around Colorado this year. Camped and just rode around the mountains for 10 days, it was awesome and something i'll remember forever. I'd rather do that every year than buy a bunch of shit i won't use in 6 months.
Ironically i just got back into pins about a month ago, i sold things to buy the pins and any parts i needed. Give something, get something. Actually feels great and it's nice to get rid of things i have laying around that i don't use or need and instead get something I enjoy. I now host a weekly pin night with a few friends. We get together, hangout and play pinball once a week. It's awesome.

Almost the same story here.....I wasted too much time in life working for stuff, and worrying about it... now I want to find the things I enjoy. I've been lucky enough to live both sides of the coin in life. I'm broke now,(compared to the past) and I'm happier! Figure that one out! I've owned $12,000 watches.So, what!!! Right now? My vehicle prob. isn't worth $1200. Lmao Don't get me wrong! I'd love to have all that money back! But I would do things different now, different priorities.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Joker2415:

Almost the same story here.....I wasted too much time in life working for stuff, and worrying about it... now I want to find the things I enjoy. I've been lucky enough to live both sides of the coin in life. I'm broke now,(compared to the past) and I'm happier! Figure that one out! I've owned $12,000 watches.So, what!!! Right now? My vehicle prob. isn't worth $1200. Lmao Don't get me wrong! I'd love to have all that money back! But I would do things different now, different priorities.

That's really cool. A couple months ago I bought a 1981 Buick Regal. My friends and poker buddies were like "what the?". I tried to explain to them that I had a Regal nearly 20 years ago and it was a great car. They didn't get it.

Back in 1997 I hit a telephone pole with it and totaled it. I loved that damn car... So I saw a similar one on CL for 1500 recently, and I bought it the next day. I was driving it home and thinking... why did I buy this damn thing again?

Anyway, I fixed it up and did the routine maintenance on it, sealed the leaking window, replaced anything broken, and now it runs and drives awesome. I drive it to work every day now. It gets terrible gas mileage and my co-workers look at me like I'm crazy but I just don't care.

Do what you enjoy in life, you will die a happier person. Money means squat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pottstown, PA
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside