(Topic ID: 253687)

Having pinball-related dreams? Share experiences!

By Gornkleschnitzer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zacaj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gornkleschnitzer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I seldom remember my dreams when I wake up in the morning, but when I do, they fall into one of two categories:
    1. Crappy stuff happens in my life and I'm glad it's not real.
    2. Something significant and pinball-related happens and I wish it WAS real.

By way of dreams, I've gone to shows, spent quarters at sprawling mall arcades, and played/acquired plenty of games you'll never find on IPDB.

What prompted me to bring it up here on Pinside? Last night, within the depths of my subconscious, I had a very interesting and fruitful customer service experience. I was killing some time over at the UP pinball collective (which does exist), playing a game of Dialed In (which does not exist in that collection). Started having some serious issues with the ball trough, and it turned out that the opto had gone bad. Apparently, DI has only one trough opto in this universe.

So, rather than do the sensible thing and replace a couple of PCB components, I contacted JJP support. I was told that the failing opto was a recently-discovered defect in the game, and they would - get this - ship me a replacement machine.

And thus, I woke up thinking I owned two Dialed Ins.

What pinball experiences have you had while you caught some Z's?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gornkleschnitzer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-pinball-related-dreams-share-experiences?tu=Gornkleschnitzer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.