5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 5 years ago

Short story about my ex-appendix:

I have been suffering for about 20 years from colitis ulcerosa. When the stomach pains started last 1st of May, I was sure it was again just my colitis ulcerosa being active. As the pain did not go away, I called to Helsinki's medical service number and asked for advice. They told me that there is some terrible flu going on in Helsinki which brings very hard stomach pains to people and they told me just to wait and see until the flu goes away. Well, I waited a day, but as I got fever and felt much worse than usual with the stomach pain, I went to the doctor at night and they dispatched me to another hospital where they took some MRI:s (I believe that was what the machine was taking as pictures) and they noticed that my appendix had ruptured. So after ca. 8 hours wait I went into the surgery and came back without the appendix. Had to eat antibiotics for a while. The doctor told me that my appendix had been double the size of a normal one, so they had to make a cut to remove it. The scar is about 15 cm:s and it is vertical instead of horizontal. After the removal of the appendix I have noticed that my stomach pains from colitis ulcerosa are not nearly as bad as they were before and the doctor told that the appendix had probably made the pains worse. Goodbye appendix - I am not missing you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-my-sppendix-removed-tonight?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.