Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Edster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I am hoping to get an autograph this weekend. Anyone have experience with what marker works best? I was thinking a silver sharpie. I imagine it’s best to bring my own marker.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

def bring your own marker.

#3 5 years ago

Silver sharpie looks great until it gets backlit then it might disappear.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Silver sharpie looks great until it gets backlit then it might disappear.

That might be a good thing.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks

Will black look ok?

I would think black might disappear

#6 5 years ago

What color do you want it on?

#7 5 years ago

It’s on Stern Kiss.
    Right under the drummer
    Hint hint!

I’m leaning toward silver

#8 5 years ago

Normally the autographer has a supply of sharpies, and will recommend a color. Steve Ritchie used gold on my AC DC instruction card, and silver on the trans light. Yup, when lit the autograph on the trans light almost disappears and it’s great

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9 5 years ago

That looks cool.
    I’ll bring a couple just in case.
    Never thought of the card. Hope he signs both abd I can get a picture of him signing

#10 5 years ago

Peter Chris is a good dude and the the only one in the band to have a number 1 hit.....balls to the chin Gene!!

#11 5 years ago

I am so stoked to meet him. Never met any members and been a fan since ‘76

#12 5 years ago

I had Gary Stern sign my Tron 3D translite and it looks like a 3rd grader just marked it up on a bad day, really wished I hadn't done it. I'm sure better signatures relating to theme or game are cool but sometimes people with bad signatures or in a rush just kind of make it look like crap.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I had Gary Stern sign my Tron 3D translite and it looks like a 3rd grader just marked it up on a bad day, really wished I hadn't done it. I'm sure better signatures relating to theme or game are cool but sometimes people with bad signatures or in a rush just kind of make it look like crap.

Not everyone thinks autographs are a good thing on a pin. If I were buying a pin with an autograph I'd rather it be on something low value and easily replaceable (score cards) or hidden (inside of coin door?).

#14 5 years ago

Buy a gold or silver paint pen from an art supply store. These things look great.

#15 5 years ago

Have them sign a piece of clear plastic, then you can put it wherever you want. Low tack mylar, like a smartphone screen protector maybe.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Buy a gold or silver paint pen from an art supply store. These things look great.

I agree.

And make sure you wait just a little bit for it to be completely dry before you roll it back up.

#17 5 years ago

Lots of good advice. Thanks
    I bought a Silver and Gold Oil based Sharpie. I imagine this will work well. I will test it out before hand on some plastic and see who it looks.

I agree some might not like autographs on a pin, but from a member of the band I think it's a good thing. If I was selling I would be keeping the signed translite and replacing it with an NoS.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-a-translite-signed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.