Having a little romance with my roadshow

By stevebighead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Recently picked up a Road Show and just have to say this machine is just damn fun. I know it's not considered an A title, but I have played very few machines as fun as this one. LOVE IT! Worth every penny they are going for!!

#2 11 years ago

I agree completely. It's definitely in my Top 10 list.

#3 11 years ago

Road show is a great pin....just sayin

#4 11 years ago

RS is one of my favorite Pat Lawlor pins. It's so much better than FH IMHO.

#5 11 years ago

Two talking heads are better than one... and Rudy seems a little creepy.

#6 11 years ago

If Red were a real person, I'd marry her.
I might just do that anyway.

#7 11 years ago

A little delay this weekend still out on location but will be picking mine up this week cant wait !!!!!!

#8 11 years ago

There was one in the city I was holidaying in a month ago and it was the first time I had seen one. It was in excellent condition for a location pin, the operator really took good care of it (and priced the credits to match: $2 for 1 credit, $4 for 4 credits). After playing it once I read the rule sheet and went back every day after that playing for about an hour and half on 4 credits each time. So it pays to read the rules!

It was an excellent game, I really loved the feel of it. Plenty of shots and they were comfortable and felt great — especially the ramp through the pops. I think my only gripe if I owned it long-term would be that the challenges happen in the same order every time. It annoys me enough that JP starts with Stampede every time but thankfully it's random after that.

#9 11 years ago

Stampede starting up is how I know my control room is working right.

Rudy creeps me out, but RS looks fun from the videos I've seen. Never seen one in person. Glad you are having fun Steve!

#10 11 years ago

It is just a well balanced playfield, all shots are important to the flow of the game. I am usaually indifferent to dmd animations, but road show has some great ones. I think it is lawlors best.

#11 11 years ago

For sure the DMD animations are excellent! I didn't get the chance to play with anyone else to watch the DMD while they were playing so I'm sure I missed a lot of good stuff. And there's something kind of charming about how nice and genuine Red and Ted seem while smashing their way across the country!

#12 11 years ago

It's funny how these "B" titles are getting much love now. Who needs MM, AFM, MB, and CC when you have deep great designed games for half to a third of the price. TS, DH, Congo, RS, JM, I500 just to name a few. I want a SM but now I am thinking seriously of getting 1 or 2 lesser priced games............or "B" games.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

It's funny how these "B" titles are getting much love now. Who needs MM, AFM, MB, and CC when you have deep great designed games for half to a third of the price. TS, DH, Congo, RS, JM, I500 just to name a few. I want a SM but now I am thinking seriously of getting 1 or 2 lesser priced games............or "B" games.

Wow you pretty much listed my entire collection there I totally agree about how much fun Roadshow is and it got the most play from everyone who came for my wifes birthday as well as TOM.

#14 11 years ago

I had made a decision to put my RS up for sale in order to rotate in another pin. I've had RS for half a year now, which is actually pretty long for me (I go through them fast).

Since I was going to sell, I decided to put more time on RS this weekend since I knew I wouldn't have it much longer. I hadn't played it for awhile since my Magneto, TF, and MM had been getting the most play lately.

After two games, it hit me hard: NO F*CKING WAY I'm selling this pin! It kicks butt. It has too much going on, with tons of cool modes, and GREAT shots. I get WAY too much enjoyment out of this pin to sell it. Adding to the fact that they don't go for much money, it makes even less sense for me to sell it. Why would I sell a pin that I love if I can't get much money for it?

Best bang for the buck pin bar none in my opinion.

#15 11 years ago

Little trivia for ya'all. Carlene Carter is the voice or Red, she is also an accomplished Country Musician. She is the Daughter of June Carter (before she married Johny Cash and became June Carter Cash) and her then husband Carl Smith. Both June and Carl were accomplished country musicians. Music runs in the blood.

#16 11 years ago

Who makes the A list? I am going to write them a strongly worded letter demanding that RS be put on it. Matter of fact, they damn well better put it at the top of the list while they are at it or they'll get another even more strongly worded letter.

There is just too much awesomeness in it. Bang for buck indeed. Tain't never leavin

#17 11 years ago

Ssshhhh. (Don't be driving the price up. I want one of these, and every time I decide I want something the price skyrockets.)

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Who makes the A list? I am going to write them a strongly worded letter demanding that RS be put on it. Matter of fact, they damn well better put it at the top of the list while they are at it or they'll get another even more strongly worded letter.
There is just too much awesomeness in it. Bang for buck indeed. Tain't never leavin

I agree the term A list is bullshit, either people want a game or not. This game is as A quality as any other game I have seen. A list means price... so only games that pull 4k are A list? bullshit. A list games.. I say if its on IPDB or Pinside top 100 .. its a A game, there is a lot of crap games out there. If people actually "want" the game.. its a A game the things people dont want or just have kicking around are B games.. A side and B side.. the games that dont expect to make any cash just fill space. Some times a B side becomes a A side.

on topic.. I love this game I seriously dont understand why people give it a bad rap.. it f*n awesome! shaker, heads, fun shots, fun DMD. solid rules. a kid or a pinhead can play the game and have fun.

#19 11 years ago

I don't even enjoy country music, but Road Show is with out question, in my top 10 list of pinball machines! How it isn't an "A list" game is beyond me! The shots flow better then most games. Its funny as hell! And its DEEP! You can own this game for YEARS and still hear new calls, and find new things!

-Aaron
Iowa Pinball Club

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 63.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-a-little-romance-with-my-roadshow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.