(Topic ID: 285411)

Have you seen this EM pinball repair book?

By MarkG

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dabney Book 5 (resized).jpg
    Dabney Book 2 (resized).jpg
    Dabney Book 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago

Hey, I was involved in the earlier thread, so I figured I would drop in here and add a bit of information

Marty Goldberg works with me at the Midwest Gaming Classic and we're still friends. A number of people from this thread reached out, so I ended up contacting him yesterday. He is still hoping to publish a reprint, he's been a bit delayed, partly because Ted Dabney, who yes - this was written by the co-founder of Atari - passed away in 2018, partly because there wasn't a ton of interest originally, and partially because he doesn't have an easily reprintable version of the book. He is still hoping to do it.

Marty is one of the foremost historians on Atari, and published a book about Atari a few years ago. It's really good:

https://www.amazon.com/Atari-Inc-Business-Curt-Vendel/dp/0985597402

Marty became friends with Dabney, so the project was done with the total blessing of him. If you'd like a copy of this, probably the most important thing to do is express interest in actually getting a copy so that it makes it worth the while.

If everyone agrees that it isn't worth cleaning up and instead should just be photocopied, I'm sure Marty could do that too - although knowing him, that's not his style

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-seen-this-em-pinball-repair-book?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.