Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kolchak-MrRING (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 1.57.56 PM (resized).png
    colossus-the-forbin-project-1 (resized).png
    BCCC67C3-A5A3-49E2-9378-58F8C9AFED52 (resized).jpeg
    robocop (resized).jpg
    EAF4CD0A-84D6-4E3A-A3AE-73E74958D6D2 (resized).jpeg
    dims (resized).jpeg
    singularity1 (resized).jpg
    ExponentialGrowthofComputing (resized).jpg
    ourfinalinvention (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 6 years ago

I'm not an expert by any stretch but this notion that AI is far off and its just algorithms or if-thens shows a lack of understanding of where this technology is. Machines learn like humans. That is how those two systems started talking to each other in a language the programmers didn't understand.

In my opinion, you should be afraid and here's why. AI is getting weaponized. We have no idea where this is going. Technology is moving faster that ethics.

Don't get me wrong. Cognitive computing is the future for sure. I have some experience in the field of cognitive computing and am working on projects that will be using AI. The potential for extending human cognition is amazing. Unfortunately, there is a lot of potential for bad things to happen. Watch Black Mirror on Netflix - the Metalhead episode with the robotic dogs. Watch the movie Ex Machina. I'm afraid we are moving perilously close to this type of machinery. I'm just saying... watch out. Scary stuff is right around the corner.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-read-this-book-our-final-invention?tu=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.