Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bigsepe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A6686BCB-8196-4254-A19F-B74FF28D2179 (resized).jpeg
    A8837446-CED1-47B8-89E2-44A27245549C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotoes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've already done a forum search, and tried to reach out to people who it seemed like have done this, but I haven't heard anything back.

So - I'm wondering - have you moved a game with PODS, or a similar competitor? I have a cross country move coming up, and trying to figure out if this is a viable safe option to move with.

#3 3 years ago

Appreciate the insight, and yes I noticed the lack of tie down options after digging through some youtube videos.

The plan is to pack these super well - batteries out, heads all off, everything wrapped in packing blankets and then shrink wrapped. They'd likely be sitting for approx 2 months, which I think is my biggest concern. I need them to store as we won't have an immediate address for them to be shipped to.

Frankly, I'm at a loss for how to move these in a more cost effective manner than with pods.

#6 3 years ago

Thanks, appreciate the encouragement and least some first hand evidence of them sitting for longer than a short period of time. Will definitely get some dehumid bags for the unit.

Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Moved from Washington State tonNew Hampshire in PODS, 15 pins

You had multiple pods I assume? Was one just for the games? It's also been very challenging to get PODS to supply accurate interior useable dimensions

Are the tie downs convenient? I've come across photos of units equipped with D rings...just wondering what I should prep for (ratchet straps, ropes - combination of both?

Appreciate all the tips and insight.

#8 3 years ago

Yeah, I am going to try and get them to commit to the metal ones - because I have found that disparity too when searching for photos, and I feel especially uneasy about a glorified wooden box.

How long ago was your move? I found recent (<1 year old) youtube videos of the newer/steel ones, and older ones with the wood interior (approx 5-6 years old), so i wondered if it was a time thing in terms of the unit you got.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigsepe:

About one year ago to the day.

LOL yeah - you get what you get I guess. Did the wooden container feel sturdy?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So how much does this cost on average? The PODs I've seen are fairly large and would make sense to move several games at once, but cost is a factor.

For me, basically coast to coast, 16' container is around $4500 w/o storage - i.e. if you were going directly from one location (loading yourself), to another location (unloading yourself). They told me the coast to coast journey takes about 10 days, but they tend to try and allow for 14. I haven't done a pack drawing yet (still trying to get real interior dimensions) but my guess is you could probably pack 16-18 games in. I've got 8 games currently, maybe 9. That drawing will determine if I'm bringing #9, or unloading it before leaving.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotoes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-moved-games-with-pods?tu=Robotoes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.